Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BlueHost VS Hostgator

im asking out you forum owners. Please tell me (message me if necessary) which host to choose for my phpbb3 forum and wordpress blog(for same domain).

Ps:
    My budget is upto 10$ per month..
    Currently, i'm with godaddy. It sucks!!! if any new user want to register with my forum, the confirmation emal is not sent immediately/ It takes around 2 hours. And also the board loads very slowly.

Experienced guys Please help me.
    Thanks in advance,
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mvmsk View Post
    im asking out you forum owners. Please tell me (message me if necessary) which host to choose for my phpbb3 forum and wordpress blog(for same domain).

Ps:
    Currently, i'm with godaddy. It sucks!!! if any new user want to register with my forum, the confirmation emal is not sent immediately/ It takes around 2 hours. And also the board loads very slowly.

Thanks in advance,

If I am not wrong they have the same owner those days. But I'll go more with Hostgator, I was customer there for many years and It was OK, I don't know now when the company was sold.

Regards,
    George B.
      0 Not allowed!

Ps:

Thanks in advance,
    Have you considered something else other than the two?
      0 Not allowed!

I had heard HG was sold out, I noticed a small change in their service. I thought it was just them getting bigger, and then noticed the sell out to another bigger company. I still love them though
      0 Not allowed!

thanks then..actually im confused because. in official wordpress.org website and phpbb.com website, they both suggested bluehost. And I see why few are complaining about it
    They only suggest that because it's their "choice" in affiliates. Honestly you'd find a better web host by looking through a few reviews here on this forum. A few I'd recommend are:

MDD Hosting
    Eleven2 Hosting
    StableHost

I'd personally stay away from anything that says "unlimited disk space/bandwidth".
      0 Not allowed!

Bluehost = Hostgator = EIG brands = yuck

in official wordpress.org website and phpbb.com website, they both suggested bluehost.
    It's BS. Those are paid sponsorships, nothing more.
    Bluehost has tons of complaints on the WordPress.org forums.

Find a better host.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know about Bluehost but their both EIG brands... so their pretty much the same thing. But, I used to be a Hostgator client years ago and they were really good.
      0 Not allowed!

Have you ever heard of GreenGeeks.com? They're really good in my opinion and cheap.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TrentaHost View Post
    I don't know about Bluehost but their both EIG brands... so their pretty much the same thing. But, I used to be a Hostgator client years ago and they were really good.
    Used to be a HG customer as well, back in the early 2000's. Wonder how many people now a'days remember Design Gator!

I don't want to bash another company, because HG is probably one if not the only well managed unlimited hosts, or were, but they've unfortunately slowly deteriorated over the years.
      0 Not allowed!

They are both great companies ... however if you are looking for more personal support, then I recommend looking at a smaller company.
      0 Not allowed!

Especially for your WordPress site, it's better to look at more reputable options for these reasons;

- Overall security. Larger hosts attract hackers to gain popularity. A hacker gaining access to a host with 1500 customers...chump change. A hacker defacing 700,000 sites...instant news.

- Speed. Larger sites means slower databases which means your site will load slow since it depends on the database. You might be lucky and sign up to somewhat empty sevrer, but as your site grows the server will have more customers as well.

You will find a good handful of hosts in the Shared Offers section, and once you move you will notice your sites load much quicker.
      0 Not allowed!

In $10 shared hosting from HostGator.
      0 Not allowed!

Both of them are crappp, hostgator will never refund your money and if you write them about the speed that you cant access they will handle you like an idiot and will tell you, sir from "our" location I can load your page very fast!!! ))) LOLLL ultra mega. Bluehost is just another idiot of Hostgatorrr.
    Regards,
      0 Not allowed!

hostgator has a 25 connection max on mysql... never go with them for a real forum...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SwissHost24 View Post
    Both of them are crappp, hostgator will never refund your money and if you write them about the speed that you cant access they will handle you like an idiot and will tell you, sir from "our" location I can load your page very fast!!! ))) LOLLL ultra mega. Bluehost is just another idiot of Hostgatorrr.
    Regards,
    HAHA i have this same problem XDXDXD
      0 Not allowed!

Bluehost is horrible. You won't notice it until/ unless you have a problem but at that point it will be too late. Recently my site went down. When I contacted Bluehost support about it, it took FIVE days to get a response. They finally, rudely responded: Thank you for contacting Support. That domain is not even here, it is at GoDaddy.

As "proof" they pasted a screenshot of a domain lookup -- and it wasn't even my domain! It was a similarly spelled, different one. Of course I'm hosted at BlueHost, I contacted them via the BH customer support page (and my original email listed my actual, correct domain name, though they should have had it anyway from my account info).

Stay away.
      0 Not allowed!

Echoing the others, you can do way better, even for a $10. If $10 is your hard limit for the foreseeable future, then you should probably go mid-tier shared with generous enough limits to allow for growth without needing to upgrade within the same product line... Then when the site needs it you can save/prepare for semi-ded or vps. Or, if you can afford it, perhaps select a higher-end shared host or low to mid-tier semi-ded or vps just for peace of mind right from the start. That will put you at anywhere from $25-75/mo depending on the plan and host. I suspect that's too expensive for now, so probably a mid-tier shared plan would be the route to go. Hosts like MDD, Stablehost, etc.
      0 Not allowed!

As far I know, HostGator and BlueHost both are managed by EIG (Endurance International Group, Inc.).

- Kailash
      0 Not allowed!

Both companies are tough competitor in this web hosting industry.Bth having many identical hosting features but we choose hostgato web host more because from over two decades of web host encounter, evaluation, and tracking, figure had confirmed that host-gator web host server up-time and reaction time are much better if evaluate with blue-host web host server.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly_Zook View Post
    Both companies are tough competitor in this web hosting industry.Bth having many identical hosting features but we choose hostgato web host more because from over two decades of web host encounter, evaluation, and tracking, figure had confirmed that host-gator web host server up-time and reaction time are much better if evaluate with blue-host web host server.
    dont have problems speed and connection wise ever with them, or you will never get help.

My site was being ddosed with them before and they said.... nope i do not see a ddos and your site loads perfect for me.

I was like wut lol?
      0 Not allowed!

Hosting at Hostgator isn't bad. There have been about 6 major outages in the past two years. A chronic problem with email though. With so many accounts on their shared servers, the spammers them blacklisted over and over again. Hostgator support is not quick to resolve these issues.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by doppess View Post
    Hosting at Hostgator isn't bad.
    Really? Hmm...
    6 major outages in the past two years
    A chronic problem with email [...] blacklisted over and over again.
    Hostgator support is not quick to resolve these issues.
    Yeah. Doesn't sound too bad to me either.
      0 Not allowed!

I have a magento, phpbb and wordpress all on the same domain at HostGator and never had a bit of trouble.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Bluehost = Hostgator = EIG brands = yuck

It's BS. Those are paid sponsorships, nothing more.
    Bluehost has tons of complaints on the WordPress.org forums.

Find a better host.
    You're right mate .

and HG has tons of recent complaints on ticket resolution and support response time on live chat and support tickets .Search WHT and Google to know more ..
    Last edited by MNCHOST - Chris; 04-02-2013 at 02:05 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonefield View Post
    I have a magento, phpbb and wordpress all on the same domain at HostGator and never had a bit of trouble.
    yeah..

helo guys...i bought HG only..now testing.. will let you know after few days

i run, 2 wordpress sites and 1 phpbb forums
      0 Not allowed!

I work with HostGator over 2 years - Good Hosting.
    I like autoinstall wordpress blog.
      0 Not allowed!

I have not had either in years but I agree with what others are saying. They are over sellers.
    Go with a good host that does not offer unlimited space like.
    Powermonster.net or downtownhost.com which are both great hosts in my opinion.
      0 Not allowed!

HostGator over Bluehost in my opinion. The customer support from hostgator stands out the most for me.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan-1 View Post
    HostGator over Bluehost in my opinion. The customer support from hostgator stands out the most for me.
    Now it seems slow.HG getting unexpected numbers of livechat calls and hence support seems not able to manage them properly now .You may experience soon .

Good Luck Mate !
      0 Not allowed!

Between the two I would go with Hostgator. But you can find reliable hosting services here on WHT. Just read some reviews.
      0 Not allowed!

The hilarious thing about comparisons such as these is that for less than the savings of a starbucks per month (about 10 cents a day, I know, unbearable isn't it?) the average customer could get a $10 shared account with any number of private firms who would absolutely destroy the formers on every level. If only we had it this good still in hard goods markets... Oh well, once intellectual property and professios goes the way of Wal-Mart, which won't be too long, we'll look back on days like this and fondly remember competition in the cerebral sphere like we do now of steel manufacturing. Boy, I'm extra deep tonight.
      0 Not allowed!

Dont use any of them since they both are "unlimited" hosts. But I've used hostgator before so if you must take one of them i'd take them (but that was before eig acquired them). However, if you're not looking for an unlimited overselling host i'd recommend stablehost.
    Last edited by Warliy; 04-03-2013 at 07:02 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Warliy View Post
    Dont use any of them since they both are "unlimited" hosts. But I've used hostgator before so if you must take one of them i'd take them (but that was before eig acquired them). However, if you're looking for an unlimited overselling host i'd recommend stablehost.
    Stablehost has no unlimited hosting plans yet you can go with them and stay far away from Unlimited host .

Good Luck .
    Last edited by MNCHOST - Chris; 04-03-2013 at 07:06 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mnchost View Post
    Stablehost has no unlimited hosting plans yet you can go with them and stay far away from Unlimited host .

Good Luck .
    My mistake, what I wanted to say was that if your NOT looking for an unlimited overselling host. Forgot to add the "not". ):

Edit: Or i didnt forget to add it. Whatever, just dont go with unlimited hosting. Stablehost is an good non-unlimited.
      0 Not allowed!

Hostgator FTW
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast