Any recommended Shared hosting for forum?

Hello,
    i want to open new forum, i already have two sites.. one hosting in VPS on Bluehost
    and one in Hostgator, Shared hosting..
    For rael i dont like Hostgator services..
    Can you please recommend me best shared hosting for forum?
    In little search i find some services.. Like Ipage, fatcow etc..
    Can you please give me good advices for servies to hosting forum?
    *Sorry about the English
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by ariel1238a View Post
    Hello,
    i want to open new forum, i already have two sites.. one hosting in VPS on Bluehost
    and one in Hostgator, Shared hosting..
    Can you please recommend me best shared hosting for forum?
    In little search i find some services.. Like Ipage, fatcow etc..
    Can you please give me good advices for servies to hosting forum?
    *Sorry about the English
    Thanks a lot
    HostGator and BlueHost are both owned by the same company, EIG. It's kind of surprising to me that you are happy with one but not the other. Anyways, depending on the size of the forum, shared hosting may not be the best option. What kind of specs (diskspace, bandwidth, etc) are you needing for the new website? Does data center location matter? What is your monthly/yearly budget for this website? Have you looked in the offers section any for suitable web host, if so who are you looking at? Also keep in mind, their is no best web host, there is only the web host that is best for you.
    Carolina-Host - The final stop for ALL your web site needs!
    US & EU Datacenters | 100% Money back Guarantee | 99.9% Uptime | Weekly Site Backups
    cPanel w/ Softaculous | Webalizer/Awstats | Site.Pro Website Builder | Lite Speed
    Poarch & Associates - Accounting, Tax Preparation, & Payroll Services since 1985

Hello Ariel

Do you already have the forum running or is a new one? all the hosts that you named on your post are owned by the same company, EIG...
    You are probably looking on top lists or "best 10 host" sites, those are always based on how much the host pay per referral, so, are biased.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Hello Ariel

Do you already have the forum running or is a new one? all the hosts that you named on your post are owned by the same company, EIG...
    You are probably looking on top lists or "best 10 host" sites, those are always based on how much the host pay per referral, so, are biased.
    What is this "EIG"? How should i need to know that they are based on the same company?
    and yes, just because that i ask here in the forum..
    I guess that you have more knowledge then me of this sites.. so please if can you suggest me good company?
    i want to build new forum based on VB, or myBB or somthing like this..

Quote Originally Posted by rpoarch View Post
    HostGator and BlueHost are both owned by the same company, EIG. It's kind of surprising to me that you are happy with one but not the other. Anyways, depending on the size of the forum, shared hosting may not be the best option. What kind of specs (diskspace, bandwidth, etc) are you needing for the new website? Does data center location matter? What is your monthly/yearly budget for this website? Have you looked in the offers section any for suitable web host, if so who are you looking at? Also keep in mind, their is no best web host, there is only the web host that is best for you.

What is this "EIG"? How should i need to know that they are based on the same company?
    I just want to open new forum.. so i thinking to start with Shared hosting.. What do you think?
    I think forum no take a lot diskspace at the beginning.. i just want to play safe..
    i dont know a lot on these so i open this topic.. Can you help me how to start?

Starting a forum in shared hosting is okay. But always prepare to move on to a dedicated solution once your forum is busy with a lot of traffic.

To start with, any decent shared hosting provide would be perfect for you in my opinion.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    Nginx / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Jake View Post
    Starting a forum in shared hosting is okay. But always prepare to move on to a dedicated solution once your forum is busy with a lot of traffic.

To start with, any decent shared hosting provide would be perfect for you in my opinion.
    What shared hosting you recommend for me to start with?
    And why no so move first to VPS?

I just want to open new forum.. so i thinking to start with Shared hosting.. What do you think?
    I think forum no take a lot diskspace at the beginning.. i just want to play safe..
    i dont know a lot on these so i open this topic.. Can you help me how to start?
    Hosts owned by EIG and brands under EIG (may be missing some):

2slick.com
    AccountSupport
    A Small Orange – 2012
    ApolloHosting
    Arvixe – 2014
    Berry Information Systems L.L.C.
    BigRock
    BizLand
    BlueDomino
    Bluehost – 2011
    Directi – 2014
    Dollar2Host
    Domain.com
    DomainHost
    Dot5Hosting
    Dotster
    easyCGI
    eHost
    EntryHost
    Escalate Internet
    FastDomain
    FatCow
    FreeYellow
    Glob@t
    Homestead
    HostCentric
    HostClear
    HostGator – 2012
    Hostnine – 2012
    HostMonster – 2011
    Host with Me Now
    HostYourSite.com
    HyperMart
    IMOutdoors
    Intuit Websites
    iPage – 2009
    IPOWER/iPowerWeb
    JustHost – 2011
    LogicBoxes
    MojoMarketplace
    MyDomain
    MyResellerHome
    NetFirms
    Networks Web Hosting
    Nexx
    PowWeb
    PureHost
    ReadyHosting.com
    ResellerClub
    Saba-Pro
    SEO Hosting
    Southeast Web
    Spry
    StartLogic
    SuperGreen Hosting
    Typepad
    USANetHosting
    VirtualAvenue
    VPSLink
    webhosting.info
    Webstrike Solutions
    Webzai – 2014
    Xeran
    YourWebHosting
    If you are just starting this forum, than shared hosting should be fine. I personally use StableHost. They have been great so far for me. Support is good, and I haven't experienced no downtime with hosting. They also have datacenters across the globe, so you can get on a server that is closer to you and your visitors locations.

Once a forum gets active, and busy you will have to upgrade to a VPS or dedicated because the resources a busy forum requires is just to much for shared hosting. You will experience slow load times when using a busy forum on a shared host.
    Last edited by rpoarch; 05-09-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    Carolina-Host - The final stop for ALL your web site needs!
    US & EU Datacenters | 100% Money back Guarantee | 99.9% Uptime | Weekly Site Backups
    cPanel w/ Softaculous | Webalizer/Awstats | Site.Pro Website Builder | Lite Speed
    Poarch & Associates - Accounting, Tax Preparation, & Payroll Services since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by rpoarch View Post
    Hosts owned by EIG and brands under EIG (may be missing some):

If you are just starting this forum, than shared hosting should be fine. I personally use StableHost. They have been great so far for me. Support is good, and I haven't experienced no downtime with hosting. They also have datacenters across the globe, so you can get on a server that is closer to you and your visitors locations.
    Thanks a lot for your help
    i will check this company, maybe i will use them..
    Can more people recommend more companies?

Once you've narrowed down your list from the offers section, perform a search here for reviews on those providers. There are actually quite a large number of quality hosts here that could help you.
    Hostirian - Saint Louis Data Center and Dedicated Servers Provider - (800) 615-9349
    Colocation, Cloud Servers & Managed WordPress Solutions
    Nearly 20 years of experience working on IT solutions - SSAE-18 Certified, HIPAA Compliant
    Insanely Fast PCIe NVMe Servers

Forum rules doesn't allow members to recommend names unless they have first hand experience. So I am unable to give you any recommendations.

At first you won't be having much traffic in the forum. So it is fine to start with a shared account. Once you notice constant growth in the number of visitors and forum activities you can consider moving to a dedicated option.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    Nginx / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

i want to open new forum, i already have two sites.. one hosting in VPS on Bluehostand one in Hostgator, Shared hosting..
    You may want to search on WHT using these providers name. You might find something that could be useful to you.

The more important question should be why would you need VPS? If you don't have any specific reason, you probably won't need a VPS. A forum can run flawlessly on a decent forum. Of course, everything has a limit. Once you outgrow the scope of a shared hosting, you need a VPS server or a semi-dedicated hosting. VPS is only recommended when you need it and when you know how to manage a server.
    █||||[ Performance Hosting ] - [ Fully Managed Shared, Reseller & Dedicated Server Hosting ]
    █||||[ Proactively Monitored and Completely Undersold Nodes | Lightning Fast Current Generation Servers ]
    █||||[ Since 2008 | 24x7 Support | 45 Day Money Back Guarantee | 99.9% Uptime ] - MECHANICWEB.COM

VPS is usually more expensive, and in case that you get to a unmanaged VPS, do you have the skills to manage it? if you go to a managed VPS you need to ask to them what is considered "managed", it does change from host to host.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    VPS is usually more expensive, and in case that you get to a unmanaged VPS, do you have the skills to manage it? if you go to a managed VPS you need to ask to them what is considered "managed", it does change from host to host.
    I already using VPS on BlueHost.. but for real i dont know how to manage this correctly.. the site is on the air, but it crush when there is 200 user online on the site..
    Do you have any idea how to fix this? how should i know how to manage VPS?
    And what the difference betwen VPS and Dedicated hosting?

About the new forum, I will probably use the hosting that recommended here..

I already using VPS on BlueHost.. but for real i dont know how to manage this correctly.. the site is on the air, but it crush when there is 200 user online on the site..
    Do you have any idea how to fix this? how should i know how to manage VPS?
    And what the difference betwen VPS and Dedicated hosting?

About the new forum, I will probably use the hosting that recommended here..
    A VPS does not always mean you get more resources than you could with a VPS. With a VPS a lot of the resources goes to the OS/services itself which does not leave much for the website(s).

You can get more resources on a web hosting account and for a cheaper price. You need to shortlist some providers and check reviews, uptime, etc.
    Fastest Hosting - Blazing Fast Cloud Web Hosting w/ SSD NVMe Storage.
    WordPress Hosting - Optimised WordPress Hosting w/ LiteSpeed + LSCache.

Hello chris, any asia location available on hostxnow yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mckaizu View Post
    Hello chris, any asia location available on hostxnow yet?
    You would need to contact him outside of this thread for him to answer that question for you, otherwise it's considered advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow_Chris View Post
    A VPS does not always mean you get more resources than you could with a VPS. With a VPS a lot of the resources goes to the OS/services itself which does not leave much for the website(s).

You can get more resources on a web hosting account and for a cheaper price. You need to shortlist some providers and check reviews, uptime, etc.
    You saying that its not got to host my site on VPS?
    What do you meant at: "With a VPS a lot of the resources goes to the OS/services itself " Can you explain?
    What should i need to do?
    Thank a lot

You saying that its not got to host my site on VPS?
    What do you meant at: "With a VPS a lot of the resources goes to the OS/services itself " Can you explain?
    What should i need to do?
    Thank a lot
    I use to run forum a lot and i never use vps or dedicated for forum. I alway use share hosting account with unlimited space and i never got any problem at all. A lot of companies are offering unlimited space which propably about $7 to $8 Per month and forum i use to do is vBulletin which is so far best forum software. Dedicated Server and VPS server for those who have bigger software and need extra specification.Check out the requirement of VBulletin Software.

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...m_requirements
    AKLWEB Host - Unlimited Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers.
    Linux VPS's - RAID 10 Pure SSD - Linux - Managed services available
    Huge Range Of Dedicated Servers | Pure SSD | Premium Network | 24x7 Support
    DDoS Protection, 99.99% Uptime SLA, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee