1. Shaymin

Shaymin
    Member OP

He has a 360 (was given it as a parting gift when he went on hiatus in 2012), but I don't think he ever got a PS3.

2. Crimm

Crimm

He does not have a PS3. I would assume part of the reason he bought it is the semi-mythical status the 3DS game had.

Jon and I are the only crazy people with everything.

3. GuillaumeNWR

GuillaumeNWR

I've kind of recently mentioned my PS3, maybe that's where the confusion comes from. Our accents are so similar.

4. Boogiepop

Boogiepop

Finally caught back up again after falling behind for a few weeks!

And curse me for doing so, because it meant I missed out on getting use out of Greg mentioning that Japanese (3DS) eshop sale! I really need to get an actual source for alerting me about such things, rather than just turning the thing on and checking every once in a blue moon...

Also, emailed you guys again, so hopefully this one makes it through!

Oh, and just a random comment that Gui let slip: he said DQVIII 3DS was a worse version, IIRC, but the general consensus I've seen is despite the graphics taking a hit, all the additions and changes actually make that version the one to go with by a good degree. (Also, I firmly disagree with the continued Kid Icarus: Uprising slander! Best game on 3DS, with an amazing control scheme that actually WAS highly customizable... it just wouldn't let you turn on weak-ass dual analogue that would be waaaaaaaaaaaay too slow to keep up on the higher difficulties. (Though I'm pretty sure I've already had this rant in one of these threads before, and it's actually cool, haha. Not actually mad, just wanted to throw back that jab!))

5. Shaymin

Shaymin
    Member OP

In atonement for my error above (in which I stated that Greg did not have a PS3 - it's covered on this week's show), I will have my Bills fan friend treat me like a member of the Bills Mafia by way of a powerbomb through a table.
    http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/48265/episode-588-the-thousand-year-reign-of-scrooge-mcduck

New Business: Mega Man 11 demo, Ducktales (via Disney Afternoon Why Is This Not On Switch Collection), The Messenger, James gets NWR sued by a former future CFL quarterback (it makes sense in context)
    Listener Mail: Pushing off from Mr. Game and Watch's Smash appearances, why not launch on Switch 2nd, why Starcraft II isn't happening on Switch
    Outro: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Cave Theme
    Emails: You can't be any worse than "Me-Mail"

Downloads; MP3 | AAC
    Time: 2'00"17

6. Poison Jam

Poison Jam

Hey, there's a thread? Awesome! I absolutely love this show. Been listening for several years now.

Shoutout to the always lovely crew, and John!

7. Shaymin

Shaymin
    Member OP

8. Champion

Champion

I didn't realize there was a thread but it's good to know! Hilarious episode this week and that Xenoblade Battle Theme is crazy good.

9. Shaymin

Shaymin
    Member OP

Because everything is better on Switch, this week's New Business has a bit of a theme.
    http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/48427/episode-590-hardware-sales-viewed-from-above

New Business: Broken Sword 5 (review), NES games on Switch Online, Thunder Force IV (because Greg got the good name), Mantis Burn Racing
    Listener Mail: Smash 20th vs Game Boy 30th, Superman as a stealth game
    Outro: Intro - The Guardian Legend
    Emails: Sadly, your email will not produce wacky chapter art #ThanksApple

Downloads: MP3 | AAC
    Time: 2'14"47

10. Shaymin

Shaymin
    Member OP

Some odd selections this week, including references to the Black Sox.
    http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/48526/episode-591-the-funk-will-do-that-to-you

New Business: Velocity 2X (Switch), Dragon Quest... VIII, Framed Collection, Jon vs. Super Mario Bros 3 part LXIX, A Case of Distrust (review)
    Listener Mail: Which early 2019 remake is right for you, going long on short RPGs, Romance of the Three Kingdoms sucks
    Outro: Pokemon HG/SS - Battle Champion / Red
    Emails: Bring on the Starlink fanfics

Download: MP3 | AAC
    Time: 2'12"38

11. Hercule

Hercule

Only 9 more episodes till episode 600! Started the podcast around 490 and went back from there. Hard to believe 100 episodes have passed since episode 500.

12. Crimm

Crimm

We're actually working on what 600 should be. Leading candidate is we roll a retroactive that week, just to shake it up. Let us know if you have any ideas. Thankfully, I think we grew out of the "Oh man 200 episodes, we should have a big audio party for ourselves," but I'd love to know what listeners want us to do.

13. Syrenne

Syrenne
    Producer of Manifold Garden and SCALE Verafied

Time to introduce me as a full-timer

14. Hercule

Hercule

I really liked the Nintendo DS episode you had at episode 200. Maybe it's time for a 3DS episode?

15. Say what? That’s great news!

16. Shaymin

Shaymin
    Member OP

Oh, I see we're taking advantage of the fact that the FF7 to Switch news set Yamauchi spinning at Mach 4.
    http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/48554/episode-592-the-summer-of-love-made-yamauchi-smile

New Business: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country, Dead Cells, Forza Horizon 4, Wheels of Aurelia
    Listener Mail: Features for Switch online, more PC -> Switch, games of defective memory
    Outro: City of Tears - Hollow Knight
    Emails: I might send in an anonymous email about how if I find out you can't get the traditional starters in Let's Go I'm cancelling my preorder

Download: Here
    Time: 2'14"22

17. Syrenne

Syrenne

Just a joke - don't want to set expectations too low by making people worry. The conversation has come up but they don't want to do a five person podcast regularly, and none of them are looking to exit. I'm just looking to create more trainwrecks with J&J

18. Crimm

Crimm

I'm good on train wrecks.

See: Pretty much all of part 2 this week.

We've talked about it. I'll kick it to those guys.

19. Syrenne

Syrenne

#Remember503

20. I’d be totally down with a 3DS retrospective.