1. Sounds like he comes from an upper middle class background where the worst thing that's happened to him or his neighbourhood is a cat got caught up in a tree and it took every fireman in town to rescue it.

People who have never experienced conflict don't know how to react to it.

2. Masoyama

Masoyama

The brawl was dumb and a stupid reaction. I get why it happened though, and I am not going to clutch my pearls over it. I have been following MMA for over 20 years by now, and training martial arts for longer. I know what I am into and I am not going to pretend it is something that it is not. MMA is modern bloodsport, it is gladiatorial combat sanitized for TV. It is barely controlled violence. I love it for it.

3. Techno

Techno

And we're done here.

4. Oh, and don't forget, the personal, family and religious insults spread to the public over videos and tweets for millions to see.

5. Masoyama

Masoyama

Also don't forget that Khabib's countrymen kidnap, bomb and shootup places for lesser things than what McGregor did. He is probably considered to be one of the more tamed and well accustomed ones.

6. Horned Reaper

Horned Reaper

Pretty much

7. WoahW

WoahW
    Banned Member

• User Banned (1 Day): Antagonizing other members
    Jesus fucking Christ 4-5 of the most overly asinine people i’ve ever ever encountered on the internet.

Masoyama - Are you telling me that gives him a pass to do whatever he wants if someone says something he doesn’t like?

Full metal - you keep ignoring everything and going back to the same tired excuse, you act like I haven’t fought people before you’d be wrong, but to literally fight anyone who says something against you or something you believe in? That’s literally kid shit

Cartridge - What in the fuck are you talking about? He had to defend himself because someone mocked him? He’s allowed to
    Physically assault someone because they
    mocked him and he got his feelings hurt?

Kalosmani - if a random strangers words hurt you that bad then you are actually quite sad. This shit happens daily to people in the world and not everyone jumps to violence in fact a lot of people don’t but hey, keep believing that everyone just respond to anyone difficult with violence. You might want to stay away from the internet though.

8. WoahW

WoahW
    Banned Member

Yeah not even close but you believe what you need to. I was raised to defend myself when needed but not use violence as a crutch whenever something I didn’t like happened to me

9. Hubologist

Hubologist

No argument from me. A healthy Khabib will smesh Number One Bullshit every time.

10. WoahW

WoahW
    Banned Member

Both people involved in this were white....

11. Syder

Syder

People still determined to make a good guy out of this scenario, huh?

Conor and his team are scum. Khabib and his team are scum.

12. Stop acting like Khabib went after some random stranger in the crowd just because he called him a mean name one time.

Dillon Danis is a fighter, there has been animosity between him and Khabib going back many years, he has been stoking the fires publicly in the buildup to this fight and he was still talking shit and trying to provoke Khabib from ring side during and after the fight.

The man made it personal and while I don't condone what Khabib did, it's hard to argue that Danis didn't deserve a bit of a smack.

I mean, just look at this prick:

13. WoahW

WoahW
    Banned Member

You got maybe 4-5 Khabib Stans or something in here and it’s mind blowing

14. dennett316

dennett316

That's covered under the name-calling. Millions of people I'll never meet see an idiot insult my family? It couldn't hold less personal feeling for me if they tried. It's noise, especially in the context of fight build. I'm not a saint or someone trying to point out how awfully moral they are, it's just that that kind of insult from a stranger just doesn't affect me anymore. I've got other shit to worry about.

15. Richter1887

Richter1887

How exactly is Khabib in the wrong here?

Conor and his team started it ffs.

16. Horned Reaper

Horned Reaper

Feels like centrists using the both sides argument out of context in this thread...

17. Techno

Techno

Pretty sure he was referring to the comments in the thread....

18. FullMetalx

FullMetalx

Lmao not everyone has the privelage to use their 32’, 4K HDR monitor to see the morally high ground happy place that is the internet and all it’s glory.

You’re right in the general sense, violence should be avoided. But in this context, Dana and Mcgregor shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it. Unless again you support the double standard

19. Sinder

Sinder

Yep. Fuck Danis. The motherfucker was literally asking for it.

20. Syder

Syder

Really... Really?

FFS

21. Phantom_Snake

Phantom_Snake

Yes he is a fighter, which is exactly why it shouldn't have happened. They can both sign a contract and fight legally.

22. Richter1887

Richter1887

Explain.

How is Khabib in the wrong?

23. Masoyama

Masoyama

This is so absolutely wrong. They have contracts with different promotions and no athletic commission would agree to this. You would never sign a fight between the most dominant lightweight in history and a guy that has 1 fight ever.

24. WoahW

WoahW
    Banned Member

I already said Conor should have got suspended for the shit he pulled before no arguments from me at all.

We are finally getting to the understanding, general sense some random dude says stupid shit no violence needed. Someone is attacking you, your family etc physically or continuously like a school bully by all means knock that motherfucker out

25. Syder

Syder

If you think Khabib was fine just jumping into a crowd and potentially causing untold injury and stoking crowd rioting then we have nothing to discuss.

26. Richter1887

Richter1887

He went after Danis, not the crowd. Danis asked for it and got it. He literally asked Khabib to come at him.

27. FullMetalx

FullMetalx

I think literally everyone has understood this my god...

People were not obviously not taking about throwing a punch after one word

28. Syder

Syder

Danis was in a crowd. You think those people wanted a killer like Khabib jumping on them?

29. WoahW

WoahW
    Banned Member

You mean the one guy saying if I was black I would do this?

30. WoahW

WoahW
    Banned Member

What? Understood my point or...?

31. I never said he had to nuts. All I'm saying is humans have emotions and if you insult people to death don't be surprised if you get a punch to the teeth.

Humans aren't robots.

32. FullMetalx

FullMetalx

You know what actually, outside of Drake I think most were okay with it. I don’t doubt a lot of the public was actually excited by this

33. Richter1887

Richter1887

So? He didn't touch anybody other than Danis. Danis himself knew what he was doing by trying to get Khabib to come to him.

34. Vagabundo

Vagabundo

He started a mad brawl in a packed stadium.

35. Techno

Techno

You guys are literally saying the same thing now.

36. FullMetalx

FullMetalx

You’re painting posters here as people who would resort to fighting after just one word. When obviously everyone meant after being provoked countlessly. Dude you just don’t get it...

37. Plumbob

Plumbob

why would someone taunting you make it legal or appropriate to attack them?

38. Horned Reaper

Horned Reaper

I think even the Conor stans were internally happy with it. Now they have reason to be faux outraged.

39. Syder

Syder

You ever caught up in a scuffle before? People get accidentally hit, people get knocked over.

Stop reaching to excuse this shitty behaviour, it's the sort of shit I expect from Conor Stans.

40. Richter1887

Richter1887

A mad brawl? How is him punching Danis a mad brawl when it was stopped before it even started?

41. WoahW

WoahW
    Banned Member

Agreed completely and he did punch Conor’s face in multiple times, then flew in the crowd which was silly because he just beat the holy hell out of the dude who was ragging on him throughout this build up

42. Richter1887

Richter1887

He literally gave him permission to come at him. Did you even watch the video?
    That's not what it looked to me. Security got involved the moment he jumped and nobody got hurt.

43. Phantom_Snake

Phantom_Snake

Danis is with Bellator, yes. He'll be in the UFC in short time, they could've waited till then, probably a year or two then they can fight. Plenty of other fighters have waited, Ortiz and Sonnen being one example. Khabib can wait too, zero reason to go into the crowd and potentially have a riot start up cause he was being taunted.

44. Stiler

Stiler

Nothing at all stopped the UFC from laying out penalties for Connor and such for his actions, they choose not to do a damn thing and Dana even brushed the whole thing off.

45. WoahW

WoahW
    Banned Member

Dude, the shit you guys are saying line up with words from someone leading to violence which shouldn’t happen hardly ever. You’re hypothetical if someone said this to you should not led to violence and that’s exactly what happened here

46. rofl nobody is going to book or sanction a fight between Khabib and Danis. They're in different promotions. Danis has one pro fight in his career, Khabib is one of the best in the world. Danis is a weight class or two above Khabib.

How do you propose they arrange this fight?

47. Syder

Syder

Security had no control of this situation at all, and regardless of how good a job the security team did, this doesn't excuse the intent of his actions.

48. Richter1887

Richter1887

The security got involved in seconds and these thing happen in brutal sports. They are trained for this.

But sure, believe what you want.

49. FullMetalx

FullMetalx

Yeah you definitely don’t get it. I don’t think one should resort to violence immeadiately or ever really. But if anyone deserves it, it’s connor and his posse

Read up on the background of this fight and we can discuss once you have more context

50. Plumbob

Plumbob

I watched the fight live! That meathead nearly started a riot by attacking someone in the crowd.

Someone saying "fight me" is *literally* not an excuse to attack someone. It's assault!