1. bremon

bremon

This movie is amazing. So many memorable moments!

2. TigerKnee

TigerKnee

I'm in disbelief that the OP wrote that all on his phone...

3. Ether_Snake

Ether_Snake

It's a pretty good movie, it portrayed its characters in a convincing way, acting was very good, well shot.

4. KojiKnight

KojiKnight

It's a shame that Anne Rice went crazy... The books were actually pretty interesting. This movie was actually great from what I remember.

5. Dandy

Dandy

As I closeted, gay, 15 year old? I fucking loooooooved it.

6. Cheapstare

Cheapstare

That ending though

7. Kard8p3

Kard8p3

Now go read all of the books. I really enjoyed Vittorio even though it's not really connected.

8. Leeness

Leeness

I love this movie so much.

And not just because it’s one of the only films I find Tom Cruise attractive in.

[​IMG]

but legit, Anne Rice vampires are usually my favourite take on vampires, so this movie is everything to me. Corpse-Lestat playing the piano and trying to be sexy about it is the best.

“I assume I need no introduction. Oh Louis, Louis, Louis, always whining.”

9. Thorn

Thorn

This was the movie that was making vampires lame before Twilight....if only we knew...

10. BuddyDharma

BuddyDharma

...So Cruise has a vampire daughter in an attempt to save a failing relationship?

11. Pilgrimzero

Pilgrimzero

I’d say skip the Interview book, it’s a snooze.

12. Westbahnhof

Westbahnhof

You never seen Deadpool 2? It tells you all you need to know

13. Kirblar

Kirblar

Yes. And it's incredible.

14. Dream Machine

Dream Machine

I watched this for the first time last night too.

I have never read the novels, and it was much better than I expected it to be. But that ending was not what I expected, kind of in a bad way. Hard tone shift right at the end, lol

15. hippopotamus

hippopotamus

The scale is something like:

Timeless Goth
    Actual Vampire
    Medieval Goth
    Victorian Goth
    Fetish Goth
    Trad Goth
    J-Goth
    Romantic Goth
    Cyber Goth
    Cabaret Goth
    Fairy Goth
    Baby Bat
    Emo Goth
    Bubble Goth
    GothaBilly
    Steampunk Goth
    Mall Goth

16. Fercho

Fercho

I liked the movie a lot and Tom Cruise is great. I remember that at the time, the book was very high profile and when Tom got casted there was a very public outcry, even Anne Rice talked shit and then she saw the movie and she was like "OMG Best Lestat ever" and i agree.

Also, as an heterosexual man i have no problem in saying that the 3 leads (Pitt, Cruise and Banderas) look absolutely stunning, like "dude vampires are so handsome and want to be one LOL".

17. Arkeband

Arkeband

Tom Cruise is a goddamn vampire IRL so this was basically his greatest role.

18. fairyd

fairyd

I liked the film. It wasn't the typical vampire film when it was released so it got a lot of buzz. On retrospect it's cheesy, but I attribute that to being an Anne Rice novel.

19. nitewulf

nitewulf

Dude, you have never heard of Anne Rice's "Vampire Chronicles"? They are THE original homo-erotic vampire novels that EVERYTHING modern (with regards to vampires) you have seen are based off of.

Drop everything and read the books right now. The second book, The Vampire Lestat (Tom Cruise) is mind blowingly awesome. There was a point Anne Rice churned out one masterpiece after another. She had a Midas touch. The original trilogy is fantastic, and I'd also recommend reading the standalone novel Memnoch the Devil.

20. nitewulf

nitewulf

The homo-eroticism is just a trope of this sub-genre of fiction it seems, there was another great vampire novel I read by Poppy Z Brite called "Lost Souls" which was also very homo erotic. I loved the Anne Rice novels for the lore and awesome descriptions of ancient cities and her deeply detailed mythologies. I think she started out with erotica hence the sex.

21. Disco

Disco

One of my favorite Cruise performances tbh. I miss seeing him play psychos

22. asagami_

asagami_

My only contact with Lestat is the second book, it was awesome. It couldn't work as a movie but a miniseries could work.

I think I should watch Interview at least once.

23. Reeks

Reeks

Whatched it for the first time since childhood the other day and must admit that the tension between Pitt and Cruise titilaled me. How unexpected.

24. Transistor

Transistor

One of my favorite movies of all time. Tom Cruise is the perfect Lestat

25. Cruise absolutely nailed Lestat and it's a shame we never got the proper sequel where we discover Louie is the real asshole. :)

26. Chris Best

Chris Best

A timeless classic

27. Perhaps goths who seem like they act and look that way because they are actually immortals who've lived through the gothic period, as opposed to goths who look like they're just following the current subculture trends.

28. Hyun Sai

Hyun Sai

Best Cruise role, best Dunst role, no contest.

29. Lifendz

Lifendz

I always enjoy watching it, although all the fight scenes disappoint. That aside, the dark gift aka unique vampire power seemed lame when I heard it the first time as a kid, but as I get older it sounds like the dopest thing ever. Explains why Banderas wanted Pitt on the team. Wish it was less Kristen Dunst and more piano scenes, but still a classic. Maybe one day they’ll make a Lasher or The Witching Hour movie.

30. laminated

laminated

Only an HBO production could give justice to the books. For example...

Lestat turns his mom Gabrielle into a vampire. Then they become a couple, and even though his dick no longer works, she insists that he insert it in her as they slept. Must've been like pushing a rope because in Rice's universe vampires don't have erections. I read that when i was 13!

I guess its not that shocking in light of Game of Thrones...

31. spider

spider
    CLANG Moderator

COOLIE

what are you doing

why are you doing it

im scumreading you now and forever

also IWTV is amazing

32. NealMcCauley

NealMcCauley

In the same vein Eddie Murphy uses plutonium for religious purposes.

33. Aselith

Aselith

Vampirism is all about sexuality. Don't see why a lot of sexual tension and weird sexuality would seem strange?

34. Roy

Roy

That's the exact same face politicians make when confronted by a man whose wife just died because healthcare was cut off.