What is Facebook doing for #GivingTuesday 2018?
In support of #GivingTuesday 2018, we're partnering with PayPal to match donations made on Facebook to nonprofits up to a total of $7 million. Start a fundraiser for Giving Tuesday or donate to a nonprofit.
About the match
- Facebook and PayPal will start matching donations at 8:00am ET (5:00am PT) on Tuesday, November 27, 2018. The matching offer will expire when $7 million in donations is reached or at 11:59pm PT on November 27.
- Donations will be matched dollar for dollar on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Matching is available for any eligible US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit that can receive donations on Facebook.
- Donations up to $250k per nonprofit and $20k per donor are eligible to be matched.
How to support a nonprofit
- See current fundraisers and donate or start your own fundraiser. Donations are matched starting at 8:00am ET (5:00am PT) on Giving Tuesday until the match runs out.
- Any donation you made to a fundraiser for a US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization is eligible to be matched.
- Your donations can be matched if you're located in any country where you can make donations on Facebook.
- Fundraisers for personal causes aren’t eligible to receive the match. Learn more about differences between types of fundraisers.
- You can use any of these payment methods to donate on Giving Tuesday.
- If you donate on Giving Tuesday, you'll receive an email after November 29, 2018, letting you know if your donation was matched. This email update will go to the primary email on your Facebook account.
You or your supporters can create a fundraiser anytime, and we'll start matching donations at 8:00am ET (5:00am PT) on Giving Tuesday until the match runs out.
- Fundraisers for any eligible US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations may be matched, including fundraisers using 'Donate' buttons, Page posts and live videos. Donations made on Facebook are eligible to be matched, even if your nonprofit isn't registered with Facebook Payments.
- Each nonprofit is eligible to receive up to $250K in matching donations on Giving Tuesday.
Matched donations will be paid out through Network for Good in mid-January 2019. Donor contributions will continue to be paid out the way your nonprofit typically receives donations from Facebook. Find out more.
Donation and match status
You'll receive an update email from Facebook about donations made on Giving Tuesday, including matched donations, after November 29, 2018. Donor contributions are reflected in transaction reports. Learn how to view reports for your organization.