Celeste, my GOTY, is now free with GWG. Come see what all the hype is about!

Dec 21, 2017
Lol I JUST bought this on sale on Steam the other day since it was like 20% off. I only played and completed up to chapter 3 so I wonder if I'm eligible to return in. Time to find out!

Actually before I do that I can't seem to find out how to get Celeste for free on the Microsoft store. I tried all the links in the topic. Checked my browser. Downloaded the app and everything still reads $19.99. Wonder what's up.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually just finished this game today. Overall it was pretty amazing. Art style, music, and level design were absolutely perfect. Loved the themes it explored, too.

My main issue with the game - my only issue, really - is that the levels, and especially the boss levels, are way too long. I was playing the final level for like three hours. That's kind of ridiculous, IMO. (To be fair, I stopped playing the game for like six months and then came back to play the last level, and thus I was probably dying quite a bit more than I would have if I had kept playing the game until the end.) And every time I was doing a boss level, I just kept thinking, "WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END."

Oct 27, 2017
I got to partway into the second chapter, it's pretty good. I'm not good at these types of games but I like it so far. Does the story get meatier, because there's not much so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
For those of you afraid of this game being too difficult, one of the best parts of Celeste is that it doesn’t look down upon you for enabling difficulty assists.

You should play it. If it’s too tough, enable the assists - it’s still completely worth it. It’s part of the developer’s intentions.

I actually just finished this game today. Overall it was pretty amazing. Art style, music, and level design were absolutely perfect. Loved the themes it explored, too.

My main issue with the game - my only issue, really - is that the levels, and especially the boss levels, are way too long. I was playing the final level for like three hours. That's kind of ridiculous, IMO. (To be fair, I stopped playing the game for like six months and then came back to play the last level, and thus I was probably dying quite a bit more than I would have if I had kept playing the game until the end.) And every time I was doing a boss level, I just kept thinking, "WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END."
Wired I finished them relatively quickly. Only took about 16 hours to 100% it with a few gold strawberries.

Oct 25, 2017
Wired I finished them relatively quickly. Only took about 16 hours to 100% it with a few gold strawberries.
I just went back to replay a couple of the early levels and got through them pretty quickly. I'll chalk up the length of the levels to the fact that it was a.) the final level that I was playing, which is obviously going to be the most challenging, and b.) six+ months between the time that I played the first six chapters and the final one.

I do recall when I was playing it originally, though (and this was my opinion when playing it today to finish it out), the boss battles ARE too long. I appreciate that they are meant to test your skill, but they go on for a long time. I've never liked bosses, because I like to go at my own pace, so the problem was exacerbated for me.

Oct 28, 2017
I guess I’m getting old because I’m dying so much. Like spend 5-10 minutes on a single screen dying. Like Super Meat Boy levels of dying. The difficulty just spiked for me. I’ll keep at it but I’m just not having that much fun currently.

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Probably the most overrated game I’ve played this year. After hearing all the hype, I got it for Switch.

Not a fan at all. And I love platformers and super difficult platformers (I was a big fan of super meat boy).

I wish I saw what others see in it, but I don’t at all.
Same here, i was just shaking my head in disbelief about all the praise..the jumping in this game doesn’t even feel good and those hideous character portraits in conversations..played it for 3 hrs and never returned to it

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I’m getting old because I’m dying so much. Like spend 5-10 minutes on a single screen dying. Like Super Meat Boy levels of dying. The difficulty just spiked for me. I’ll keep at it but I’m just not having that much fun currently.
There are accessibility options to make it more forgiving.

Also, I'd say it's not a 1-for-1 comparable to SMB. There are correct ways to complete levels, more puzzle-like, and sometimes you're just doing it wrong. There were times where I kept thinking I was just off by a pixel or my timing was wrong but, really, I was just looking at it entirely incorrect and there was a much easier solution.

Oct 29, 2017
Died 142 times before I said screw it and toggled assist mode.

I had a stroke last year, so games like these are the antithesis of fun. I'm glad they included the cheat mode because I would have gotten too frustrated to continue and just read a summary of the game.

In case it's not clear (it wasn't for me) you need to do more once you toggle on assist mode. I was wondering why it was still difficult with the mode on -- turns out it's not on, until you say yes to the initial toggle and then go into the pause mode.

Oct 27, 2017
I would feel like a wimpy filthy casual if I used those assists myself, but it's great to have those kind of options for people who don't judge themselves as hard as I do.

No, really, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I had to resort to "easy mode" to beat a game. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Keep going, believe in yourself, you can achieve greatness if you just push through this barrier.

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up with over 2,000 deaths. Granted 1,000 of them were on the final world. I had taken a huge break between the first six chapters and the final one, so I must have been a bit rusty, lol.

Dec 14, 2017
Is it possible to create a XBL account, get some free Live Good trial and add the game to my collection? I don't have an Xbox but I will have in the future.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to create a XBL account, get some free Live Good trial and add the game to my collection? I don't have an Xbox but I will have in the future.
IIRC games will stay in tied to your gamertag but are only accessible as long as you have an active XBLG membership (for Xbox One games).

What happens to my Games with Gold games if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold subscription?

On Xbox One, you’ll no longer be able to access your Games with Gold titles if you cancel your subscription. However, if you decide to renew your subscription at any time, you’ll be able to access and play your previously redeemed Games with Gold titles again.
https://support.xbox.com/ar-AE/my-account/xbox-live-membership/games-with-gold-faq

Also, this is applicable to you:

Is Games with Gold available if I'm on a 30-day Xbox Live Gold credit card trial?

You're eligible. If you have an Xbox 360, you must have a current Xbox Live Gold membership or an Xbox Live Gold trial that requires a credit card.

What kind of Xbox Live Gold trials are eligible?

All Xbox Live trials on Xbox One are eligible for every benefit of Xbox Live Gold, including Games with Gold. On Xbox 360, you’re only eligible if you're on an Xbox Live Gold one-month free trial.

If you're on a 14-day prepaid code trial, you're not eligible. You must have a current Xbox Live Gold subscription or trial that requires a credit card.

Jan 14, 2018
CT
i got 3/4 through the main game and hit a wall, moved on to something else.

ill be honest that when i heard you can alter gameplay difficulty without turning off achievements a month ago i was all up ons.

the last achievement was beating pico, where the adjustments have no effect, and man, all those advanced techniques you are forced to use ... i wish i had know about in the main game.