52 Games. 1 Year. 2019.

ThisOneHasNoName - 1/50

I love Smash and when Nintendo said this was the ultimate Smash, you can't imagine how much they meant it. World of Light is Amazing in it's scope, but might go on a little too long. And really everyone is here, what more do you want

1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (NSW) | 2nd Jan - 53hrs | 4/5

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Debated whether I should try this year, as last year was a dismal failure after four years of making it to 52. I think I will give it a shot, but not hold myself to it if I feel like I'm forcing myself to play games. Hopefully I'll at least finish more than nine!

PLAYED RECENTLY
Fallout 76 (PC, 2018) - 0:00 (+68:08 in 2018)
Sokobond (PC, 2014) - 0:00 (+0:45 in 2018)
Slay the Spire (PC Early Access, 2018) - 0:00 (+4:23 in 2018)
Everspace (PC, 2017) - 1:43 (+8:21 in 2018)
Yoku's Island Express (PC, 2018) - 0:00 (+0:48 in 2018)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch, 2018) - 0:29

1. TITLE TK (PC) | DATE TK - HOURS TKhrs | SCORE TK

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017

Game #2 - Submerged
Time: 3.5 hours

Neat little exploration game that mixes simple boat navegation (sorta like Wind Waker I guess) with Uncharted-lite climbing. There's no combat so I have half a mind to call it a walking sim, but there is a lot of actual gameplay like the climbing, using your spygladd to find secrets and mission objectives so, well I won't. It's a shorty especially if you stick to the main objectives (which I advise, the collectibles are just simple abstract small pictures that dont amount to much and the simple climbing gameplay gets old fast), but its pretty, has a enat concept and a cute story, and all around it just has heart. Worth a playthrough imo sticking with the main objective (which should take you about 2 hours, I had about 3/4ths of the collectibles and I finished it in around 3 and half).

Main Post

Oct 26, 2017
Goodness, Its that time of the year again :)

My records so far:
2014: 35
2015: 41
2016: 56
2017: 78
2018: 113

Don't think I'll be able to beat 2018, I'm getting burned out but my backlog is almost finished-ish XD

*Reserved*

Jun 15, 2018
*reserved*

Gonna try to attempt this again. The only goal is to beat more game than I buy and I thought this would be a good motivator. I also want to write more about games as well so I'll be keeping up on here and my blog as well. Good luck to you all!

Oct 28, 2017
1. Cube Escape: Paradox (PC) | 1st Jan - 3hrs

60 games / XXXX hrs / 2013
84 games / 1244 hrs / 2014
65 games / 1403 hrs / 2015
62 games / 1258 hrs / 2016
72 games / 1077 hrs / 2017
69 games / 1298 hrs / 2018

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Taking this spot, usually clutch the last game before the end of the year. This time, I'm hoping to reach 60 games beaten this year lol. Decided to take 2 uncompleted games from last year to this year!

Game 1: Tales of Berseria (GPD WIN) - 10hours
Off the boat and into more fire~

Game 2: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drops Distance HD (PS4) - 11hours 30min
This has the most fun combat and traversal of all the KH games. Story is utter dribbling nonsense though. Quite surprised this was a 3DS game, it's much more than what the PS2 could ever do. Also fuck that annoying ass Spellican boss fight.

Oct 27, 2017
Game 1-Life is Strange 2 Episode 1 Roads(2018)-PS4-Beaten on January 1
-First game beaten this year was a good one! I really enjoyed this one a lot even if it might have started a bit slowly. I really look forward to episode two later this month. 8/10

Oct 31, 2017
Not America
You folks are such ravenous beasts. It takes me months to finish a single game that is less than 10 hours long. I wish I had your dedicated pace given my ever expanding backlog.

For RPGs and open world games, do you folks just stick to most direct path to conclusion or wander about delving into sidequests and sightseeing? If so, how the hell do you still manage to finish games in reasonable time?

Just as an example: It took me north 150 hours to finish the first playthrough of Persona 5 (granted there was a lot of "walking" and restarts).

Nov 12, 2017
Reserved, didn't get to finish last year after my PS4 decided to delete all my data and lost motivation to play games

Scoring System

5/5: Excellent 100% of the way through, ground breaking, can have some small nitpicks still.
4/5: Awesome, almost perfect, few big nitpicks.
3/5: Great, few problems, but kept me hooked all the way through
2/5: Alright, a lot of problems, but enjoyable
1/5: Bad, unenjoyable
0/5: Big Rigs Off The Road Racing, unplayable, nothing redeemable
============
Games completed

1: Portal (PC) (2 Hours) (4/5) (Jan 2nd, 2019)
2:
Metro 2033 Redux (PC) (6 Hours) (4/5) (Jan 2nd, 2019)
============
Currently Playing

Metro: Last Light
Portal 2

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017
Update: January 2nd 2018

Game 1: Portal (PC) (2 Hours) (4/5)

Beat Main Story
My yearly playthrough of the Portal games begins here. God I love this game, every room is interesting, and GLaDOS is such an interesting, funny character that keeps you going throughout the game. The Portal mechanics are so simple yet so complex, with every test chamber being completely different from the last.

There's not much more for me to say, glad that I got to finish it again this year.

Original Post

Oct 25, 2017
You folks are such ravenous beasts. It takes me months to finish a single game that is less than 10 hours long. I wish I had your dedicated pace given my ever expanding backlog.

For RPGs and open world games, do you folks just stick to most direct path to conclusion or wander about delving into sidequests and sightseeing? If so, how the hell do you still manage to finish games in reasonable time?

Just as an example: It took me north 150 hours to finish the first playthrough of Persona 5 (granted there was a lot of "walking" and restarts).
I poured about 200 hours into Persona 5 and got the platinum trophy in 2017, which also happened to be the last year I managed to finish the 52-game challenge. I didn't even come close in 2018. So I've seen both sides. It's definitely doable even with a bunch of big JRPGs under your belt, it just means you'll probably be playing a lot more short games to make up the difference. (In the case of Persona 5 specifically, it also helped that I played all those 200 hours during a two-week staycation. Obviously not everyone has the ability or desire to do that.)

For me the key has always been not to force myself to finish the challenge or go too far out of my way to make it happen. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen; you don't have to turn in your gaming card or whatever. Play what you enjoy and don't stress too much; if you're having fun the whole time, I find it's naturally easier to fit more games in.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'll stop being a lurker as part of the new year and reserve a post. Hopefully will make sure to update, unlike when I tried this at the old place.
Doubt I'll get all the way there without playing some short stuff but I least want to get one larger game a month.

Apr 5, 2018
This will be tough but I want to do this. The most games I've beaten in a year was last yr with 23. Not even half of 52
I currently have 103 games started, and about 200 more in my backlog that I haven't touched.