Overwatch |OT2|Live Long and Alla Till Mig!

Feb 8, 2018
Lol, there's so many negative posts in this thread, anyone have any good OverWatch experiences?

Last night, I was playing in the early A.M. where I got matched with 3 other players who all had/used a mic (a rarity at lower levels). We easily won our first game as we communicated/joked during the match, so we all decided to join as a team. We then went on a 3 game winning streak, with intense/close matches, especially the last Control game (99% vs. 99% in overTime). This was some of the most fun I ever had in OverWatch, plus I made some new PS4 friends list. Best part of the night, I got promoted back to Silver lol.

Oct 25, 2017
az
Lol, there's so many negative posts in this thread, anyone have any good OverWatch experiences?

Last night, I was playing in the early A.M. where I got matched with 3 other players who all had/used a mic (a rarity at lower levels). We easily won our first game as we communicated/joked during the match, so we all decided to join as a team. We then went on a 3 game winning streak, with intense/close matches, especially the last Control game (99% vs. 99% in overTime). This was some of the most fun I ever had in OverWatch, plus I made some new PS4 friends list. Best part of the night, I got promoted back to Silver lol.
Complaining is easier though.

Though for real, normally I'd say about 90% of my games I have no issue with.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm usually fairly positive about it..just a bad night of being forced into 1 healer 1 tank setups because the 3+ groups all want to be damage and then at least one of the randoms does as well. They all want to go spawn camp if we actually manage to take a point as well.

Oct 29, 2017
England
I think I had... two decent qp matches? also passing on comp tonight
Same! Last night I had two of the best matches as a bunch of solos against a 6 stack in QP, they were properly try harding with emp grav/ shatter plays. We edged the first game when our Zarya bubbled me from shatter and I trans their last push. Then they edged second match cause a couple of the stack quit and our main heal got switched over.

Oct 26, 2017
Orlando

I'm loving it daily. I honestly think the majority of the thread should either take an extented break from the game or just quit. I've never played a game I've had such obvious bad time from.

Oct 26, 2017

yeah just won both sides of QP on volskaya with most of the same players. it was great.

on attack I went rein. rolled point 1. got 2 ticks of point 2 off a blizzard. we were a little bit scattered after that but they overextended as a group to chase our mei and I wound up with a free shatter. Ashe Bob'd onto point and finished the cap while everyone who survived the shatter was busy respawning or panicking.

on defense I went winston because their hanzo was the most annoying DPS and I wanted to chase him to high ground. held point 1 for a couple minutes. held point 2 forever. had great success counter-diving their supports. my supports were both great- ana and lucio. I got like 3 very well timed nanos. 1 mid-team-fight to save my life that also got 2 support kills, one to save me at the end of a primal stall, and one just to feast.

Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch is a game with more DPS heroes than tanks or supports combined but the current meta uses no DPS heroes. Trying to convince people on ladder to even try GOATS is like trying to convince someone to chop their genitals off. Blizzard has really backed themselves into a corner regarding the DPS imbalance and I don't know how they fix it without a mass release of new tanks and supports or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch is a game with more DPS heroes than tanks or supports combined but the current meta uses no DPS heroes. Trying to convince people on ladder to even try GOATS is like trying to convince someone to chop their genitals off. Blizzard has really backed themselves into a corner regarding the DPS imbalance and I don't know how they fix it without a mass release of new tanks and supports or something.
Role Queue. You force people to choose one of the 3 roles, then match them in a 2-2-2 comp.

Oct 25, 2017
az
I'm loving it daily. I honestly think the majority of the thread should either take an extented break from the game or just quit. I've never played a game I've had such obvious bad time from.
I think its just most of the time when games are good, very few post about it. Its easier to post when games are bad because people like to vent when they're frustrated.

Also, last night as I kept playing and as it got later, my games did get better. After about 11:30 or so I had people actually attempt a team composition.

Role Queue. You force people to choose one of the 3 roles, then match them in a 2-2-2 comp.
Is that much different than LFG though? You can already force people into a specific role. But of course a lot of people don't use LFG.

Though I don't think I'd ever want to play in a roll queue game. I'd rather have the chance to swap roles if its not working out, and sometimes 2-2-2 isn't always the answer.

McBradders

Sumo Digital
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hello. I played Overwatch during the free weekend and pretty much instantly bought the game on PS4. Having a blast.

Slowly crawling my way up through Silver but people sure like to make it hard. Really enjoying competitive, overall, though - it's nice to have something to play for!

I like this game a lot! That is all.

Oct 29, 2017
England
I think its just most of the time when games are good, very few post about it. Its easier to post when games are bad because people like to vent when they're frustrated.
Thread wouldn't be the same without Prince giving us an update on his daily bad teammates.

I'm fully noped out of LFG until the leader leave as team thing is addressed, unless it already has? Starting up your own every time people tilt and quit is a chore.

Hello. I played Overwatch during the free weekend and pretty much instantly bought the game on PS4. Having a blast.

Slowly crawling my way up through Silver but people sure like to make it hard. Really enjoying competitive, overall, though - it's nice to have something to play for!

I like this game a lot! That is all.
Somebody get a frame for this positivity.

Glad you're enjoying it, who's your main?

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they never released Ashe.. I love her. She's so damn fun to play. I used to main Dva so playing comp I never noticed the insanity of half the team wanting to go dps. But now I go Ashe, then someone immediately goes Hanzo, and then someone else goes a 3rd dps and I'm the only one with a mic that wants to work as a team, so I'm switching back to Dva or a shield tank. It really sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly Moira. And then cycle through the tanks depending on the map and what direction we're playing. A sprinkling of Brigitte. I suck at DPS so steer clear unless everyone else has heals/tanks locked down.
I’ve noticed that Moira is probably by far the most popular character for newcomers. Veterans, I think, have less than favourable opinions of her but I think Blizzard did a good job of making an accessible character that’s effective without being oppressive.

McBradders

Sumo Digital
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I’ve noticed that Moira is probably by far the most popular character for newcomers. Veterans, I think, have less than favourable opinions of her but I think Blizzard did a good job of making an accessible character that’s effective without being oppressive.
Mercy is so boring but zenyatta, there’s a dude I can get behind. Eventually 🧐

Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch, when it all clicks with a team that has synergy, can implement strategies, and everyone can play their role appropriately, is fucking incredible. It's why I still play. It's like chasing a high. I have a good group I can go to play with about 30-50% of the time which makes it worth it for me. A pure solo queue experience sounds like playing the lottery.