Obtaining the status of your tax return
Return Inquiry Splash Page Disclaimer
The Missouri Department of Revenue will soon replace the Return Inquiry System. The Department must temporarily close the program on November 7, 2018 at 5:00 PM CST. Please check the website after January 1, 2019 for the program’s availability. You may also contact the Department to inquire about your refund at 573-751-3505 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.
What returns can I check on?
- 2017 Missouri Individual Income Tax returns
- 2017 Missouri Property Tax Credit (PTC) claims
Note: The inquiry system may not be used to check the status of amended returns.
What information do I need to get started?
- Social security number
- Filing status
- Anticipated refund or balance due
When will my return information be available?
- 48 hours after filing electronically
- Up to 4 weeks after mailing your paper return
What information will I receive?
- Easy-to-read graphics indicating the status of your return
- Refund issue date, if applicable