• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

PodcastERA | A spoken word smorgasbord for your ears

Oct 25, 2017
Just listened to Caliphate by NYT. The Prisoners episodes hit me hard.

Fantastic podcast, I'd recommend it wholeheartedly.

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for podcast on unsolved stories, crimes, incidents with kinda an eerie vibe.

The stories must be real and I'd prefer if the podcast doesn't explain away as the work of Aliens, the occult or paranormal. Maybe asking for too much but gracias.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to remember the name of an advertiser and I figure this is the best place to ask.

It's a company that offers online courses in all sorts of different things. The deal (at least on Wonderful - but I haven't found an episode they were on) is 2 months for $0.99. I think it's name is close enough to Square Space that it's confusing.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I figure it's a good enough Christmas gift for my brother.

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for podcast on unsolved stories, crimes, incidents with kinda an eerie vibe.

The stories must be real and I'd prefer if the podcast doesn't explain away as the work of Aliens, the occult or paranormal. Maybe asking for too much but gracias.
Generation Why is a good podcast that covers murders or missing persons and doesn't fall into blaming the supernatural.

Oct 25, 2017

I have the podcast for you. This one is exclusively about unresolved missing person cases. All cases are real. Each episode features a different case, from the well-known to the obscure. It's well-done, regular & respectful:

It's called The Trail Went Cold.

http://trailwentcold.com/

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
I have the podcast for you. This one is exclusively about unresolved missing person cases. All cases are real. Each episode features a different case, from the well-known to the obscure. It's well-done, regular & respectful:

It's called The Trail Went Cold.

http://trailwentcold.com/
Been listening to this a bit and digging it. He could stand to turn up the creep factor some but it's pretty much what I was looking for.

Taki

Oct 25, 2017
Been listening to this a bit and digging it. He could stand to turn up the creep factor some but it's pretty much what I was looking for.
The host takes a more clinical, procedural approach than some of the other podcasts I've found. He keeps the tone dry and obviously errs on the side of skepticism.

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody been listening to swindled? It's my favourite new find in good long time. It's about con men and con or unethical corporations etc, it seems to be very well researched. He also is an excellent story teller, every episode begins with a semi related story to the main story that really serves to set the scene of the time well.www.Swindledpodcast.com

Oct 26, 2017
I've been absolutely addicted to The Adventure Zone for the last week or so. Getting close to the end of the balance arc. I can see why people could be bummed out by the fact that the actual D&D stuff has taken a step back in the recent arcs, but I think the brothers and their dad have hit the absolute perfect balance between dice-rolling, improvising, storytelling, playing the game, playing their characters and just general joking and goofing around.

I don't want to listen to hours of dice rolling and calculations, so a streamlined, more free-form D&D experience like this is perfect for a podcast imo.

Man, I'll be sad when I finish this. I have a feeling that TZA will become the second podcast along with SAYER that I just return to every now and then to re-listen to a few episodes. Like SAYER, it just pulls me in immediately and it's almost like the real world just fades away for the duration of the episode.

Thank god for the peeps on tumblr who have transcribed all these episodes, though. It can be a bit hard to follow at times.

Jan 6, 2019
Anybody been listening to swindled? It's my favourite new find in good long time. It's about con men and con or unethical corporations etc, it seems to be very well researched. He also is an excellent story teller, every episode begins with a semi related story to the main story that really serves to set the scene of the time well.www.Swindledpodcast.com
been listening through this one myself lately and I can definitely second this recommendation. interesting stories that are researched and told very well, and the prelude-main story structure seems to work really well for this subject matter

Oct 26, 2017
Have you listened to Friends At The Table? It’s another well balanced role playing podcast in the way you describe, imo. Different tone than Adventure Zone but similarly well executed.
First time I’m hearing of it, I’ll definitely check it out when I’m done with TAZ. Thanks for the rec!