• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

December 2018 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, January 15th

Oct 31, 2017
Do not call Smash a beast or a monster.

These monikers are far too quaint
It already reached God-hood status when it took 3 weeks in Japan to outsell the biggest title of 2018, MHW, which had an entire year. Unfortunately, there are a few Vegetas in this thread that need to be taught a lesson ;)

Generally speaking, it seems all 3 are gonna put up some pretty scary numbers. I hope the results get posted at the end of my shift so I can wade through the responses all evening.

Jan 7, 2019
For information, here is the tweet pinned by Mat on his profile with the dates of all upcoming NPD reports:

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1075816908547514368

Upcoming US Video Game data release dates from The NPD Group: Dec (12/2-1/5)
Jan 22nd Jan (1/6-2/2)
Feb 19th Feb (2/3-3/2)
Mar 19th Mar (3/3-4/6)
Apr 23 Apr (4/7-5/4)
May 21 May (5/5-6/1)
Jun 18 Jun (6/2-7/6)
Jul 23 Jul (7/7-8/3)
Aug 20

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
He doesn't sound upset. Though it seems he was sensing you being quite a bit upset over the prospect of Sony being a distant third in the upcoming numbers.
Well, for one, Very rarely am I upset about something in a forum. And like, I dont know how someone could have taken what I posted as offensive. The gif as genuinely funny, yes, but I felt like I wanted to drop a quick fact as I encountered some wild statements made over here regarding the Switch sucess and how that translates to revenue margins compared to Sony (who has consistently outperformed both Microsoft and Nintendo and almost double on the quarterly reports). I'm 'sensing' some folks dont like reminding that Sony is in fact on top, I guess.

Oct 28, 2017
Well, for one, Very rarely am I upset about something in a forum. And like, I dont know how someone could have taken what I posted as offensive. The gif as genuinely funny, yes, but I felt like I wanted to drop a quick fact as I encountered some wild statements made over here regarding the Switch sucess and how that translates to revenue margins compared to Sony (who has consistently outperformed both Microsoft and Nintendo and almost double on the quarterly reports). I'm 'sensing' some folks dont like reminding that Sony is in fact on top, I guess.

Well you seem upset to me.

Oct 25, 2017

Damn... You ARE upset lol

Oct 31, 2017
Well, at least his morning is wide open now.

So according to Piscatella's twitter that means we won't have official numbers until the 22nd or can we expect something posted earlier? Sorry if I'm out of the loop on this a bit.

Jan 1, 2018
Switch sales are exciting. From afar it appears to have been a monster in December. I'm curious as to how this bodes for the overstated 20 million target?

At the very least it appears switch will have no problem reaching its software targets, though I'm not sure Nintendo really knew how to target when they've never had a really good and active digital scene. 3DS' eshop grew better toward the end of its life, and Wii u's was solid too, but I think consumers were far more resistant to digital distribution at that time.

Oct 25, 2017
Switch sales are exciting. From afar it appears to have been a monster in December. I'm curious as to how this bodes for the overstated 20 million target?

At the very least it appears switch will have no problem reaching its software targets, though I'm not sure Nintendo really knew how to target when they've never had a really good and active digital scene. 3DS' eshop grew better toward the end of its life, and Wii u's was solid too, but I think consumers were far more resistant to digital distribution at that time.
It would really help Nintendo reach that goal if they were somewhere over 2 million for December.

The digital growth has surely surprised Nintendo and that is probably one factor into them (most likely) beating their software forecast, but really physical sales have been excelling as well.

Oct 26, 2017

Ding ding ding
Digital sales will be extremely important for Nintendo earnings.
It's one of the top parameter to watch because they were (are) so far behind the competition.

Mar 13, 2018
Well, at least his morning is wide open now.

So according to Piscatella's twitter that means we won't have official numbers until the 22nd or can we expect something posted earlier? Sorry if I'm out of the loop on this a bit.
The 22nd is when the report is shown to the public. Usually we get numbers earlier than that, like today for example via leaks.

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
[1QUOTE="slavesnyder, post: 16974642, member: 8996"]most fun is meltdowns and bans. i cross my fingers.[/QUOTE]

We didnt get the numbers and got our first ban. Are you happy slavesnyder ?