2020 Democratic Presidential Primary | OT | Ojeda dropped out after 20 seconds

Oct 25, 2017
Ah so thats why multiple news outlets reported on how sexist the meme was?
This is a weird criteria. You could pull examples of news outlets reporting on any subject, or posting op-eds on any position, but that doesn't give it an objective quality.

To say that the meme is sexist relies on the point of the meme being "Hillary is fake because she's a girl!", but that's not evident in the meme itself anywhere. The point of the meme was to contrast Bernie's perceived authenticity with Hillary's perceived inauthenticity. The meme would not work with, say, AOC on the right side.

Oct 25, 2017
No way this (or his pro Fidel Castro comments) will hurt Bernie in a general election campaign, middle of the road voters in Wisconsin and Ohio love this sort of thing, as evidence just check out all the responses from cool internet kids about how this makes them like Bernie *even more*!

https://twitter.com/TopRopeTravis/status/1089909214213038081
The "presumed soviets" are mostly part of the 12 person delegation from Burlington, Vermont and it wasn't actually their honeymoon, but a trip that was part of Burlington's sister-city program that happened to follow their wedding (which they joked about).

https://www.politifact.com/punditfa...-will-reminds-readers-about-bernie-sanders-u/

Oct 25, 2017
No way this (or his pro Fidel Castro comments) will hurt Bernie in a general election campaign, middle of the road voters in Wisconsin and Ohio love this sort of thing, as evidence just check out all the responses from cool internet kids about how this makes them like Bernie *even more*!

https://twitter.com/TopRopeTravis/status/1089909214213038081
Not really a big deal, although this would probably be bad optics in a general. But Sanders has so much baggage already around him with regards to his racist statements, shrugging at social issues, not bothering to vote on sanctions against Deripaska, and being wobbly on gun control for starters that this should be the least of his worries.

Oct 27, 2017
Not really a big deal, although this would probably be bad optics in a general. But Sanders has so much baggage already around him with regards to his racist statements, shrugging at social issues, not bothering to vote on sanctions against Deripaska, and being wobbly on gun control for starters that this should be the least of his worries.
This is how deep we're digging now?

"Person enjoyed themselves in Russia 30 something years ago".

God damn. I'm pretty Bernie burnt at this point but seriously that's a load of horseshit.

Oct 27, 2017
I said I don't think this is a big deal. But you don't think Rs would try to twist this in a general?
That reply wasn't aimed towards you, in particular... I could just see the media trying to spin this as a 'gotcha' moment because that's just the kind of environment we live in now.

They'll try, but no one will ultimately give a shit. At the rate we're going stories like these disappear in less than a week.

JayC3

bork bork
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the Republican's will use ties to Russia as an attack on their opponent and it will be a galaxy brain level move.
I don't care about the video, personally, but just wanted to say that Republican politicians and operatives operate in endless bad faith and will take multiple contradictory positions, one after the other, if they think it'll give them an advantage in the moment. The goal is to muddle all conversation, so they don't need logical consistency of any kind.

All the candidates will have to deal with this.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it is very sexist. The whole meme is a megaphone for the "dude is cool the woman is shrill" sexist bullshit.

Honestly posting the meme should be bannable. It is 100% blatant sexism.
I don't care about the video, personally, but just wanted to say that Republican politicians and operatives operate in endless bad faith and will take multiple contradictory positions, one after the other, if they think it'll give them an advantage in the moment. The goal is to muddle all conversation, so they don't need logical consistency of any kind.

All the candidates will have to deal with this.
They would do this with literally anything at all, on anyone running, so it's not like it makes much difference. By the time they would this would be old news anyway.

JayC3

bork bork
Oct 25, 2017
I basically take it as assumed no one in Congress writes their Tweets but AOC and Ted Lieu
We know Chuck Grassley does!

Edit to add:
They would do this with literally anything at all, on anyone running, so it's not like it makes much difference. By the time they would this would be old news anyway.
We thought this about Hillary's emails o_o. At this point I've mostly accepted that what gains traction with the American public can be capricious, so it's good to hash out all possible issues in the primaries so that the eventual candidate is prepared for the general.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
A thread

Further down, he says how Kamala uses the circumstances of a homeless woman working two jobs as a success story. And in some ways, it is. However, they still brought charges against that woman which she then had to deal with, of course. They eventually dropped it and got her some help, but she should have never been charged in the first place.

A thread

Further down, he says how Kamala uses the circumstances of a homeless woman working two jobs as a success story. And in some ways, it is. However, they still brought charges against that woman which she then had to deal with, of course. They eventually dropped it and got her some help, but she should have never been charged in the first place.
Is this a joke post? I hope this is a joke post.

Walker Bragman made the “liberal case”for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton in 2016.

No one takes a single thing he says seriously after his endorsement of fucking TRUMP as a liberal option over Hillary.

Oct 28, 2017
Is this a joke post? I hope this is a joke post.

Walker Bragman made the “liberal case”for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton in 2016.

No one takes a single thing he says seriously after his endorsement of fucking TRUMP as a liberal option over Hillary.
Holy shit he did. Did not know that. My bad.

But, the criticism still stands with regards to Kamala’s truancy position.

Jan 15, 2019
Kamala is a cop, I hope no one here actually supports her.

Where my chapos at?
My ranking of candidates/likely candidates is probably as follows at the moment:

1) Kamala
2) Bernie
3)Warren
4) Gillibrand
5) Buttigieg
6) Castro
7) Biden
382) Tulsi

I'm looking for candidates that I feel have the best combination of progressive policies and an ability to beat Trump. Biden has all of the latter but almost none of the former, hence his low ranking. Everyone has skeletons in their closet, and Harris' are notable, but after 2016 I'm making a conscious effort not to let anyone convince me to make perfect the enemy of good.

edit- the guy in your avatar makes political videos, right? I ran into him at a party a while back if so lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Kamala is a cop, I hope no one here actually supports her.

Where my chapos at?
You know, I'm feeling like I've watched in real time as the Bernie crowd gave up on attacking Beto because it's becoming clear he's no longer the front runner and moving all that effort into Harris.

It's funny because there was that whole angle where he was being entirely pushed by the establishment (Establishment conspiracy! Boo!) when that wasn't really the case so much as he got the spotlight for awhile for being both charismatic and taking on Ted Cruz in Texas. But, whatever.

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I'm feeling like I've watched in real time as the Bernie crowd gave up on attacking Beto because it's becoming clear he's no longer the front runner and moving all that effort into Harris.

It's funny because there was that whole angle where he was being entirely pushed by the establishment (Establishment conspiracy! Boo!) when that wasn't really the case so much as he got the spotlight for awhile for being both charismatic and taking on Ted Cruz in Texas. But, whatever.
I pointed this out earlier in the thread but it's still amusing to witness real-time

Oct 25, 2017
My ranking of candidates/likely candidates is probably as follows at the moment:

1) Kamala
2) Bernie
3)Warren
4) Gillibrand
5) Buttigieg
6) Castro
7) Biden
382) Tulsi

I'm looking for candidates that I feel have the best combination of progressive policies and an ability to beat Trump. Biden has all of the latter but almost none of the former, hence his low ranking. Everyone has skeletons in their closet, and Harris' are notable, but after 2016 I'm making a conscious effort not to let anyone convince me to make perfect the enemy of good.

edit- the guy in your avatar makes political videos, right? I ran into him at a party a while back if so lol.
Yeah it's Hasan Piker. The avatar encapsulates what I feel most of the time reading Era sadly. But I just can't quit.

Also I don't think Cop Harris is a surefire way to beat Trump and Biden would get MeToo'd in a second I feel.

That said there's a difference between having skeletons in your closet and prosecuting black people and in general supporting an aweful system.

I could never support someone I'm that opposed to and it's sad to see people do.

Weird how political opponents get attacked right? Is this...politics?

Oct 30, 2017

it's genuinely shocking that

checks notes

people are more interested in discussing the candidates currently in the headlines and generating buzz than the ones that aren't

Oct 25, 2017
Weird how political opponents get attacked right? Is this...politics?
Not really my point but you seem to have missed it.

it's genuinely shocking that

checks notes

people are more interested in discussing the candidates currently in the headlines and generating buzz than the ones that aren't
As if the post I quoted even qualifies as discussion.

Jan 15, 2019
Yeah it's Hasan Piker. The avatar encapsulates what I feel most of the time reading Era sadly. But I just can't quit.

Also I don't think Cop Harris is a surefire way to beat Trump and Biden would get MeToo'd in a second I feel.

That said there's a difference between having skeletons in your closet and prosecuting black people and in general supporting an aweful system.

I could never support someone I'm that opposed to and it's sad to see people do.
I can understand not supporting Kamala given some of the other choices of candidates available. She has bigger issues to address than probably everyone except Biden and Tulsi, and arguably Gillibrand if you don't buy her shift in policy over the last decade. I'm not 100% behind her, she's just my choice at the moment.

Who do you support for 2020 if you don't mind my asking?

Oct 25, 2017
It's about the magnifying glass moving rather than the political attacks. Everyone has criticisms, as you said, but motives and biases exist all the same.
it's crazy how the magnifying glass moves from one candidate to another for seemingly no reason at all. must be a conspiracy!

(or beto shined then faded and now kamala is shining. too obvious?)