Days Gone – Sarah & Deacon's Wedding trailer

Oct 27, 2017
Why did he just drop his picture?!
He probably went to the church to say goodbye and move on from love to hate.

2 and a half months left, can’t wait to see what they can crunch out at release. Wonder if it’ll give me time to announce DLC plans

Also World War Z is releasing like a week before this. Zombie horde overload
I know I'm a pedantic jerk but these aren't zombies. They aren't dead. They're more like the creatures in I am Legend the movie.

Oct 2, 2018
What's up with the animation on the priest? lol. With the weird hunching over and the weird mocap on him.

Also the guy Deacon looks like an actor... can't quite recall the show but some sorta scifi one.

there's some last gen jank to the animation but other than that it looks good?

Oct 25, 2017
I brought up fridging when they announced this but the thing is, they don't show her dying. They only show him missing her. There is no reason she didn't just leave him for whatever reason. I hope that's what they go for honestly.

It's interesting you bring up The Last of Us since it kills a woman in the beginning of the game as a vehicle for how the main character acts for the remainder of the game. I kinda call that fridging.
She doesn't have to be dead to be fridged. Just locking her up/her left doing nothing offscreen the entire time and him being angsty is still fridging.

Even if theres some big twist and she becomes a huge constant on screen presence for most of the game, the marketing still exploits the trope to paint their main dude as a "troubled yet deep protagonist" which is a problem itself

Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I'm sure that if TLOU were released today, it would be completely destroyed by some.

"A generic father who tries to raise his daughter alone, I already saw this story 1000 times" - "They are killing women just to give motivation to the main character"

Nightengale

On Extended Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Lmao, I'm wrong? Just look at your post history. Even since the gaf days. Come on bro, stop.
You are wrong.

People have the freedom to be fans of what they want and make threads and post they like within the rules of the forum, and last I remember, being fans of something is not against the rules or even any semblance of normalcy.

Dec 28, 2017
You can tell some people really have nothing to say when they focus on what he is wearing to a biker wedding of 4 people.
I mean, what else do you want us to talk about? This wasn't exactly a 10 minute deep dive gameplay breakdown on the game's complex systems. My man looks like a tool wearing what he wore to the wedding, this is coming from someone who actually likes his design. No need to get so defensive over people discussing what they see lmao. Anyways, game looks great. Bend really don't disappoint.

Oct 27, 2017
She doesn't have to be dead to be fridged. Just locking her up/her left doing nothing offscreen the entire time and him being angsty is still fridging.

Even if theres some big twist and she becomes a huge constant on screen presence for most of the game, the marketing still exploits the trope to paint their main dude as a "troubled yet deep protagonist" which is a problem itself
Pretty sure in order for it to be fridging she has to be killed. Fridging is usually criticized because it takes agency away from women. So if she leaves him of her own volition, it isn't fridging.

This is all rather pointless as we won't know until we play the game. I'm just hopeful Bend doesn't kill her.

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, I'm wrong? Just look at your post history. Even since the gaf days. Come on bro, stop.
Are you accusing him of working for Sony or something? Do you ever see Loudninja shutting up threads with negativity like you are doing right now? No. Let him be enthusiastic about the things he likes. Go away with your negativity.

Oct 1, 2018
I'm sure that if TLOU were released today, it would be completely destroyed by some.

"A generic father who tries to raise his daughter alone, I already saw this story 1000 times" - "They are killing women just to give motivation to the main character"
Sure, but TLOU also gave us one of the best female characters in gaming, who is also the protagonist of the sequel.

Nov 3, 2017
According to the dialogue from the Game Informer videos she got on a helicopter and he didn't. Now Deacon believes she is dead but hasn't seen the body so from that we could assume the helicopter got destroyed. This leads me to believe that she could still be alive and probably crash landed somewhere.
Oh wow I didn't know that, that's cool, she's definitely alive then

Oct 26, 2017

It was destroyed when it was announced back in 2011

"Cant believe ND is making a generic zombie game"

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure in order for it to be fridging she has to be killed. Fridging is usually criticized because it takes agency away from women. So if she leaves him of her own volition, it isn't fridging.

This is all rather pointless as we won't know until we play the game. I'm just hopeful Bend doesn't kill her.
Death isn't the only way to take away agency from women

Oct 27, 2017
Are you accusing him of working for Sony or something? Do you ever see Loudninja shutting up threads with negativity like you are doing right now? No. Let him be enthusiastic about the things he likes. Go away with your negativity.
EH just leave it along you dont seem me caring what people think of me,I enjoy games thats it!

Oh wow I didn't know that, that's cool, she's definitely alive then
Yeah he apparently keeps going to a refugee camp looking for her. SO I dont think he actually seen the chopper go down.I am guessing he was told.

Oct 25, 2017

Last Of Us was one of the early Dad games and was still unique at the time for it in the AAA space, and killing off female characters isn't as awful when nearly half the cast is women, including the actual main character of the series, Ellie.

Oct 25, 2017
Looking really damn good!
The polish to this game has been immense imo. Really hope the story comes together nicely.

TLoU was raked over the coals at announcement at the old forum.
Generic, lame zombies game, "not maa naughty dog", edgy, boring post apocolypse etc were a few of the choice things I recall.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I'm not gonna say this looks anything but great in that department, but doesn't RDR2 beat it?
I would say so but I'm not an informed person when it comes to facial tech. If people are expecting RDR2 levels of polish they're going to be disappointed as far as the animation front goes. I just hope the game is fun to play and there are interesting things to do in the game. As far as the story, I really don't know what to think.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm not gonna say this looks anything but great in that department, but doesn't RDR2 beat it?
I feel like RDR2 imho is a mix bag when it comes to facial work. Sometimes it looks good, other times it looks really stiff. Never bad mind you but nothing that blew my mind at the level of intricacy.