Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Oct 26, 2017
Man that legendary Mozambique skin is so sexy I am tempted to challenge myself to win with only a Mozambique lol

map being named make me think that we'll strongly see OTHER maps
Yeah I think so too. One of the loading screen artworks (or somewhere else but I def saw it) had a snowy environment. So I fully expect them to do a more temperate map with snowy areas instead of desert.

Apr 10, 2018
My friends are falling off this game because they're rarely getting kills and are getting frustrated. :(

Not that I am getting many kills but I still want to improve.
The secret to getting kills is simply knowing when to engage.

I've been having a lot of success lately using Fabian Tactics, shadowing enemies and following behind them and then striking them down once a gunfight has concluded and everybody is either healing up or looting.

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna try this game but I cant customize the controls so I can shoot with R1 and aim with L1, are they gonna do any control updates? Really dont understand why I cant just make whatever button do whatever I want.

Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried to adjust your ingame settings for controller input sensitivity? Maybe that could help you with your aim a bit
I haven't. I'll play with that tonight.

Keep trying. You'll get better. I sucked until I hit level 30 and now I just sort of suck.
Dunno. I'm almost at level 20. The sucking hasn't gone down at all.

PC or console?

All I can say is keep going.

You´ll get better eventually.

I´m also old BTW - and I think I´m in the OKish zone! ;)
I try to keep telling myself that! Thing is, I think the very way I play is my downfall. I don't try to land ASAP. I look to see where everyone else is landing, then land away from them so I can at least get a gun and some armor before an encounter. Then I stumble across someone while looking for loot, and start a firefight. Even though it feels like I'm blasting away at them, they will turn around, shoot me three times, and I'm down. I'll hold up a shield, they'll shoot through it, and I'm done. My team will be like "you wanna revive him? Meh, he makes for a good decoy while we kill the other squad. Might as we - OH THEY SHOOTIN' US ACK!" I'll look at the post-mortem stats, and I MAYBE took off 70 damage. Ugh.

It really takes some time and the skill ceiling is real real high. PC specifically takes ages to get good at (may also want to try lowering DPI/getting big mouse pad for lots of precise arm/aiming movement) and the player pool is generally skilled.

I don't play that often but I'm just now approaching level 30 and finally feeling semi competent at it.

Try to assess why things go bad when they inevitably do.

• Was i out of position/standing in the open
  • Could I have kept moving differently/did i stand still too much
  • Did I attempt an unwinnable situation (3 v 1 w bad weapons/shields)/attack when my squad wasn't there or prepared
  • Am I always aiming too far to the left/right
  • Could I have started this encounter differently (softened with grenades first/etc)
Make adjustments from there. Its not gonna just magically get better but focusing on specific things makes improvement easier.
Well I'm playing on Xbox. I will NEVER play on PC - that's just masochistic. I've played lots of shooters before. Don't go out in the open unless with the squad. Check corners, keep moving, aim for the head. That doesn't mean I'm GOOD, I just happen to know the basics.

And I DO have my issues. Switching between grenades and my weapon doesn't come naturally yet. I know I forget to use special abilities when I'm in a firefight. I see folks jump+slide strafing. I can NOT do that yet. I never can find a decent scope for sniper rifles where I can accurately track a victim, so I usually just drop them, even if it's a rare weapon. Dropships instantly make me stupid, and I run out to them giddy for loot, only to get blasted.

I suck at this.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit the randoms have been terrible today

People splitting off to land with another squad during hot drops, then DCing the second they get downed
People looting a mile away during fights and only noticing and/or coming to help out after both other players are downed and finished (and this isn't during drop when they don't have guns, they're fully kitted out)
People DCing because there isn't a third player (I lost against the last squad because it was a 2v1, who knows what could have been)
Premade duos who are still learning the game, which, is fine, as shown before I have no problem with new players, but the squads I ran into were clearly just standing around swapping loot privately and chatting in Discord or shooting guns randomly at each other, and refusing to leave a position unless I pinged more loot for them; or one where one of them kept going AFK and leaving their Wraith standing in the middle of the open and the other telling me to wait, even during the middle of a fight. (They actually rezzed their AFK friend out of cover instead of me, the person actually shooting the enemies)

Oct 28, 2017

People splitting off to land with another squad during hot drops, then DCing the second they get downed
People looting a mile away during fights and only noticing and/or coming to help out after both other players are downed and finished (and this isn't during drop when they don't have guns, they're fully kitted out)
People DCing because there isn't a third player (I lost against the last squad because it was a 2v1, who knows what could have been)
Premade duos who are still learning the game, which, is fine, as shown before I have no problem with new players, but the squads I ran into were clearly just standing around swapping loot privately and chatting in Discord or shooting guns randomly at each other, and refusing to leave a position unless I pinged more loot for them; or one where one of them kept going AFK and leaving their Wraith standing in the middle of the open and the other telling me to wait, even during the middle of a fight. (They actually rezzed their AFK friend out of cover instead of me, the person actually shooting the enemies)
That was my exact same experience today on PS4

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah i wish the ppl that dont wanna fight would go play minecraft or something, its starting to get annoying

Whats the point of being decked out purple and never shooting anybody lol

Nov 8, 2017
My friends are falling off this game because they're rarely getting kills and are getting frustrated. :(

Not that I am getting many kills but I still want to improve.
Yea, it can get frustrating.

What's helped me out the most is dropping right away and not wasting time engaging once I get a gun. Make sure your squads on the same page here.

It's get old real quick avoiding other squads for the first 10/15 minutes so you can get some good gear only to get downed.

Dec 23, 2017
Atlanta, GA
One (admittedly silly) thing that bugs me about this game, and BR's in general: because of knockdown/revive mechanics, there is a certain satisfaction missing in kills. I want ragdoll effects on explosions, I want that killing headshot to make a dude fly backward and hit the ground! A "resurrect" mechanic in place of revive would make this possible, but I realize it would make the downed character unable to move, defeat the purpose of a knockdown shield, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
One (admittedly silly) thing that bugs me about this game, and BR's in general: because of knockdown/revive mechanics, there is a certain satisfaction missing in kills. I want ragdoll effects on explosions, I want that killing headshot to make a dude fly backward and hit the ground! A "resurrect" mechanic in place of revive would make this possible, but I realize it would make the downed character unable to move, defeat the purpose of a knockdown shield, etc.
Downing 2, killing the 3rd and getting 3 kills at once tho...

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Derogatory language.
I have got to stop helping people, i have got to fucking stop doing it. Losing games because of it is infuriating. I revive someone drop a weapon and he runs the fuck away from it and i get killed from behind trying to ping it all

Its my biggest weakness, so fucking stupid and i keep doing it. And i keep saying im not gonna help and i do it anyway. i have no fucking faith in my own ability and keep giving putting all my trust in other people. If id just fucking SHOOT PEOPLE ID WIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oct 25, 2017
Lancaster, PA
As a Battlefield player, ragdoll physics are a lot of fun and hilarious, but yeah can be a real pain in the ass when you or your friend’s character goes flying hundreds of feet away from an explosion, and you can’t get to the body for the revive lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible for me to move my account from one PSN account to another? I realized because I'm playing on my Japanese account I'd need to use yen for the in app purchases and I'm in the US and would like to use my US PSN instead...