• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Gearbox Software teasing yet ANOTHER game (Borderlands 2 Switch?) for PAX East showcase (28/3 @ 2PM)

May 31, 2018
So if this is Borderlands' debut on Switch then this is what we can expect:
- Only 2, No Pre-Sequel
- Full Priced
- 30fps with drops
- 900p Docked/600p Handheld
- No gyro aiming
- No voice chat for co-op
- Icon that's literally just the guy shooting himself in the head
I'd be shocked if even half of those were wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the deal with the borderlands games? I’ve never played them but I’d they are coming to switch I might be interested
They are looter shooters expect they aren't online only like Destiny, Anthem, etc. In bl2 there are 6 different classes with different skills and abilities. Most of the skills are passive bonuses to your character expect for the action ability or ult.

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the deal with the borderlands games? I’ve never played them but I’d they are coming to switch I might be interested
FPS/RPG series that's like Halo campaigns by way of Diablo. Character classes and randomly generated loot—guns, primarily—but with fixed maps and a fairly heavy emphasis on story. Can be played solo or up to 4P co-op.

Nov 7, 2017
- Only 2, No Pre-Sequel
- Full Priced
- 30fps with drops
- No gyro aiming
The game ran at 25ish FPS on an Intel HD 4000 chipset.

Oct 29, 2017
The Vita Port of BL2 was by a Sony Studio right?
So we can't really look at that in terms of features.
(Apart from the fact that the Vita just wasn't powerful enoigh for the game)
- Only 2, No Pre-Sequel
- Full Priced
- 30fps with drops
- No gyro aiming
Borderlands 2 is a PS3 gen title, half of those being right would be ridiculous

May 31, 2018
The game ran at 25ish FPS on an Intel HD 4000 chipset.
That doesn't mean there's no chance that it could run at 30fps on Switch.

Note that these aren't my expectations based on what the Switch can/can't do, but what my expectations are based on the kind of porting job I believe Gearbox (or whoever ports it) can do.
So we can't really look at that in terms of features.
(Apart from the fact that the Vita just wasn't powerful enoigh for the game)

Borderlands 2 is a PS3 gen title, half of those being right would be ridiculous
The only things that BL2's age has any bearing on are the tech specs part, and considering BL2 does get very intense at points I'd argue that 30fps with drops is possible if whoever's porting it fail to optimise it correctly.

Oct 27, 2017

Note that these aren't my expectations based on what the Switch can/can't do, but what my expectations are based on the kind of porting job I believe Gearbox (or whoever ports it) can do.

The only things that BL2's age has any bearing on are the tech specs part, and considering BL2 does get very intense at points I'd argue that 30fps with drops is possible if whoever's porting it fail to optimise it correctly.
I mean BL2 runs fine on Shield right? i know it was a marketed title for it and thats basically the switch. only issue might be Unreal 3 support?

Iron Galaxy handled the port iirc. which is funny because thats where Adam Boyes works now.

Nov 7, 2017

Realistically I could see it running native at 30 undocked and 60 docked at 1080p. I would love multi-account co-op as well.

Nov 15, 2017
I'm Trying to think if i would want this or not. I have the game on the PC since launch and i already put in 141 hours into the game. The redeeming factor could be handheld mode and some added gyro, but im not sure.

Oct 30, 2017
London
- Only 2, No Pre-Sequel
- Full Priced
- 30fps with drops
- No gyro aiming
If they don’t at least bump the texture quality and AF I’ll be livid

Nov 29, 2017
Chile
- Only 2, No Pre-Sequel
- Full Priced
- 30fps with drops
- No gyro aiming
This list looks wrong.

I expect

- BL2
- 50-60 bucks w/ ALL DLC
- 1080p 60fps docked/720p 30fps handheld

Oct 27, 2017
Gearbox set to re-release Borderlands 2 for a third time without any sort of work done to improve upon the trash-levels of exponential level scaling that cause the endgame to be a miserable grind every single level.

Oct 27, 2017
Do you mean OP levels?
Everything past level 61, really. The difference between levels 70, 71, and 72 are already extreme as-is. OP levels just made it even more extreme.

Mods have since made the level scaling a lot more tolerable, and Slag a lot less of a requirement to enjoy the endgame combat, but Gearbox didn't do a damn thing to Borderlands 2 VR, so I'm not confident they'll try to do anything new here, either.

Oct 25, 2017
Everything past level 61, really. The difference between levels 70, 71, and 72 are already extreme as-is. OP levels just made it even more extreme.

Mods have since made the level scaling a lot more tolerable, and Slag a lot less of a requirement to enjoy the endgame combat, but Gearbox didn't do a damn thing to Borderlands 2 VR, so I'm not confident they'll try to do anything new here, either.
They have said they didn't like OP levels turned out which is why pre-sequel didn't have them and I thought the scaling for non OP levels was fine given how silly your damage was with a lot of the legendary/pearl/seraph stuff. I don't expect them to spend millions to rebalance OP levels either