• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

People Make Games show Peter Molyneux every game he's ever made [Video - 34:59]

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK

Peter Molyneux walks us through his entire career, from Populous, to Black & White, to Fable.
So it turned out Peter didn't own the vast majority of these games himself, which is bonkers! We left the collection with him (apart from the Amiga, thank you very much) and Peter said he'll be making a donation to the UK homelessness charity Shelter as a way of saying thank you to People Make Games.

Jan 10, 2019
I really like this man and his games. One of my GOAT's, and I consider one of the best visionaries of this industry.

Still sad about BC though :'(

(Far Cry: Primal scratched that itch, but no Dinos made me sad again)

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I'll always be grateful for him helping create one of my favorite games, Dungeon Keeper.
Such a unique concept with so much personality, and best of all it was a very well made and fun to play game!
Theme Park and Theme Hospital were also good ones.

Still sad about BC though :'(
Actually I'm pretty sure BC was Sid Meier ;)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I used to put Bullfrog on the pedestal right up there next to Nintendo when I was a kid. Theme Park, Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper. 😭
What an insane batting average for Molyneux'company, and what a cruel fate for my former favorite developer.

Oct 27, 2017
That was a good watch. His questionable salesmanship methods aside, I always loved and admired his passion and he had a significant hand in making many of my favourite games of all time, so PM will always be alright with me.

Also, somebody needs to get the Black & White games and The Movies on GOG & Steam asap.

Dec 25, 2017
Really good video, right up until the 22Cans glossover. Where were the questions on his output since then...
where were the question on his talking to the media again after that promise. The one where he told different media outlets that theirs was the last interview.

Apr 12, 2018
He's so up his own arsehole sure, but he's made some fantastic games. Fable 1 will always be in my top 5 games of all time and I hope Xbox have some in store for the future of the series.
I love Fable so much, Molyneux could call me up right now and promise that he was making a new Fable game specifically for me, and I a.) would believe him, and b.) forgive him when it turned out to be untrue.

Todd Howard could learn a lot from this guy.

Oct 25, 2017
It always makes me laugh that my wife is someone who hardly follows actors names etc and simply focuses on the characters and hardly plays games herself yet she know who Peter is because of how disappointed she was with Fable 3. She loved 1 and 2 and after getting shafted with the story progression of three being so messed up that she hadnt saved enough gold for the good ending, she has forever been sad about the franchise since.

Oct 25, 2017
Really good video, right up until the 22Cans glossover. Where were the questions on his output since then...
where were the question on his talking to the media again after that promise. The one where he told different media outlets that theirs was the last interview.
But Molyneux did talk about that? He commented that he was stupid by saying that he wouldn't give interviews to the media anymore and that instead he only wants to refrain from hyping up games in development. Not sure what else you want to hear. He also talked about the titles he creates with 22cans and the challenges of appealing to the audience they are targeting.

Oct 28, 2017
I will never get over how angry people were at Peter Molyneux.

That Eurogamer interview where the interviewer suggested Molyneux was a compulsive liar was all a bit much.

Fair enough, he over hyped his games and he dropped the ball particularly hard with the making a player a god thing but it seems to come from a place of genuine passion. He is trying new things and I would rather have an industry of people trying outlandish designs and failing than loads of developers playing it safe.

Oct 25, 2017
People gently joking about Molyneux's over promising and hyperbolic tendencies were kind of funny when they first started, but It's really shitty how that evolved into vitriolic hatred and mean spirited bullying by an awful lot of people when his "infractions" are so minor compared to so many in the games industry and his contributions so great.