• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Game informer: first Marvel Ultimate alliance 3 footage

Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

A lot of people here apparently either forgot how MUA plays or were never aware in the first place.
Or people's taste evolved over the 13 years since the original release. There are also more and more coop ARPG these days which set the bar a bit higher. I don't see why it's wrong to be disappointed with how it looks. It launches in two months and they aren't showing much of it which isn't encouraging considering the IP behind it.

I'm getting this for the COOP action and the Marvel IP but it doesn't look quite good so far. Especially considering Nintendo is pushing it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd honestly get some of the complaints if this was also on the PC or something (not to knock the Switch), but as-is looks pretty solid to me. All I'm looking to get outta this is a fun and brainless beat-em-up with lots of fan-service so I'll probably be good.

Oct 25, 2017
The part at 3:14 with 4 local players looks like a headache. The way the camera move along with the visual noise of the combat looks like a pain.

It also looks a lot more 'Musou-y' than I remember X-Men Legends and Ultimate Alliance being - there seems to be a lot of hitting people and sending them flying instead of engaging with a specific enemy.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd honestly get some of the complaints if this was also on the PC or something (not to knock the Switch), but as-is looks pretty solid to me. All I'm looking to get outta this is a fun and brainless beat-em-up with lots of fan-service so I'll probably be good.
I'm not really concerned with the visual style or gameplay, but the performance does not look very good in that video.

Jun 21, 2018
Yeah I can't wait, looks great. It's still a bit unbelievable we are really getting another Ultimate Alliance game, but here it is with a bunch of good old fashion comic fanservice.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this timed exclusive ? Did nintendo bought IP ? I am confused not wanna buy entire system for one game but if its full life time maybe i will consider it
Nintendo is publishing it in all regions, including Japan where Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors were published by Koei Tecmo. Never say never but probably completely exclusive.

Jan 10, 2018
Is this timed exclusive ? Did nintendo bought IP ? I am confused not wanna buy entire system for one game but if its full life time maybe i will consider it
It's a Nintendo published game. Marvel and Nintendo both decided on Team Ninja on the development. Its very likely it will be a complete exclusive.

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo is publishing it in all regions, including Japan where Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors were published by Koei Tecmo. Never say never but probably completely exclusive.
There's no probably about it. It's as exclusive to the Switch as last year's Spider-Man is to the PS4.

Jan 26, 2018
Oh boy, now we're complaining about the price of the game? I swear, gaming has become an incredibly difficult hobby to share with others because so many of them have developed elitist/entitled attitudes over the years.

OP
OP
Mandos
Nov 27, 2017
Permanent. Article goes into details, but they are publishing in all regions and are heavily involved in developing the game and they are the ones who got team ninja involved with the project
Between the "four regular powers per hero" and this footage, I'm considerably less excited about the game now. :/ There goes my hope of this being a suitable heir to Marvel Heroes 2016 / Omega.
I mean it is a mua successor and intended to be more arcadey. Also it’s four regular powers(3 that you have to level up to unlock), a synergy and an extreme attack

Apr 16, 2019
Permanent. Article goes into details, but they are publishing in all regions and are heavily involved in developing the game and they are the ones who got team ninja involved with the project

I mean it is a mua successor and intended to be more arcadey. Also it’s four regular powers(3 that you have to level up to unlock), a synergy and an extreme attack
Do you get more powers as games go on ? Or is it just 4 only . Original MUA games had unlockable powers

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like it’s a capture hiccup. The editors commentating said it ran far better than they expected
And yet in this gameplay video they kept mentioning that visual effects might be "toned down". No real reason to do that other than performance.

I would have preferred 60fps for a fast-paced action game like this but if it has to be 30 then it needs to be rock-solid.

Oct 29, 2017
Really strange decision to not put game after some time to other platforms considering it was never exclusive. Not sure i follow business decision here but anyway game looks great.
They're capitalizing on popularity of MCU. And whoever owned the MUA license wasn't doing anything with it. Smart move by nintendo to nab it

OP
OP
Mandos
Nov 27, 2017
Do you get more powers as games go on ? Or is it just 4 only . Original MUA games had unlockable powers
Only four but unlike previous games you only start with one and gradually unlock the others as you level up. Also sounds like there’s additional traits and passives you can unlock too. Also remember in previous games extreme attacks were a locked slot whereas they are a special button press instead now
And yet in this gameplay video they kept mentioning that visual effects might be "toned down". No real reason to do that other than performance.

I would have preferred 60fps for a fast-paced action game like this but if it has to be 30 then it needs to be rock-solid.
Um actually in this case they are considering it to make it easier to read where your character and enemies are on screen rather than everything being hidden by attack effects

Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't look good to me at all. We've come so far in regards to superhero games. This looks like the kinda shit we used to get back in the early 2000s. The graphics are obviously better here but meh. Looks like an unfocused mess.

Oct 25, 2017
Only four but unlike previous games you only start with one and gradually unlock the others as you level up. Also sounds like there’s additional traits and passives you can unlock too

Um actually in this case they are considering it to make it easier to read where your character and enemies are on screen rather than everything being hidden by attack effects
Yeah vid said new powers are gained every 10 levels.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to say that I'm completely turned off by the gameplay, but my hype definitely took a bit of a hit... this one just might not be for me.

Oct 29, 2017
This doesn't look good to me at all. We've come so far in regards to superhero games. This looks like the kinda shit we used to get back in the early 2000s. The graphics are obviously better here but meh. Looks like an unfocused mess.
Yup that about lines up when MUA released. Did you never play that game? Not sure what you mean by "unfocused mess." explain.

Oct 30, 2017

Sorry if a game you like doesn't like it's a full budget $60 game. I'm assuming by your fake reply it is a $60 game.
I mean, imagine babies were $60 games... You can like or dislike a game, but it is very obvious this is not an indie game or a remake of a 10 year old game, so the price is just the regular price for new games.