recent graduates benefit from temporary positions?
Temporary roles are a great opportunity for recent graduates to acquire a wide array of technical and soft skills that will help them advance in their professional career.
Short-term projects encourage new professionals to
- sample different flavors of librarianship
- get first-hand experience
- make informed choices regarding their professional aspirations
Seizing opportunities and taking several evolving roles in the same department, is added benefit that reveals nuances of the librarian work in a narrow field of librarianship.
Short-term evolving roles in the same department bring advantages to people who pursue a career in a specific area by providing
- fundamental work details
- job peculiarities
- technology training
- competitive marketable skills for job search
By sharing the individual perspective, a recent library school graduate emphasizes why temporary positions had a huge impact on her career.
are her top takeaways?
did temporary roles expand author's library school competencies?
The graphic visualizes author's
- highlights from library school
- UNLV employment timeline, positions, scope
- how they enriched her professional toolbox with valuable technical and soft skills
- how they prepared her for the next career leap