CrossCode announced for Switch - do not sleep on this game, ERA !

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I now feel bad pestering Lachsen about the Switch release all the time. I will atone for my sins!

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Was thinking of getting this on Steam and firing it up this weekend.

Is playing with a controller that much of a hindrance?

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting paid off once again. Remember people kept saying it won't come to Switch because it's written in HTML5?

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I ended up picking this up after catching a streamer I'd never watched before play some of it. All I saw was probably 2 rooms of puzzles and I knew I had to try it out. I don't know that I've ever played a sprite based game with as much verticality as Cross Code does. It's a lot of fun just running through the zones and figuring out how to make your way to ledges and across gaps. Really enjoyable sense of humor and a lot of the story beats ended up being a hell of a lot more touching than I'd expected.

It's a little disheartening seeing so many that sound uninterested if there's no physical release though.
Speaking as someone waiting for a physical release, I'm just trying to avoid double dipping. If it's clear after a couple years that no physical release is coming, then I'll buy it digitally. That strategy paid off for Sonic Mania, Celeste, Golf Story and many others. That being said, I hope this sells well out of the gate.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
The trailer kind of made it look like a procedurally generated bullet hell game like Enter the Gungeon or Binding of Isaac, but if it's indeed more of a crafted, narrative driven RPG then it definitely looks intriguing to me. Now I just have to wait for Limited Run Games to put out a physical copy!
There is so much actual level design in this game, it's some of the best level design I've seen in an action RPG.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
The presentation and story and all the exploration puzzles built into the field areas are amazing but the frustrating enemy design is currently holding it back from masterpiece status for me, and i feel like it'd be even worse on a gamepad.
I can't speak for others, but I actually played through the entire thing on a gamepad (PS4 controller) and really enjoyed the experience. It may be different on joycons, but there wasn't anything in the game that I felt required the sharper aiming of the mouse.

sandboxgod

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Game is really awesome but I am no fan of puzzles. But man if you love puzzles this game is a must buy. If you don't like puzzles just be prepared man this game has an epic crap ton of them in these dungeons. Just non-stop puzzle rooms

Great story though. I'm just going to continue to slowly play thru it on my PC

dawgparty

Nov 27, 2017
Gameplay seems weird but the whole MMO thing is drawing me in. I am not a fan of the art at all but I've heard too many great things to ignore this.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
- Trailer where I can't understand what the fuck is going on.
- So many health damage numbers that can't see anything else.
- Pervy fan service.
- Saturday morning anime garbage.

I'll pass.

Apr 9, 2018
I can't speak for others, but I actually played through the entire thing on a gamepad (PS4 controller) and really enjoyed the experience. It may be different on joycons, but there wasn't anything in the game that I felt required the sharper aiming of the mouse.
Yeah I'm actually wondering now if playing with a mouse is causing me to play a more ranged heavy style than i would with a controller.

I'm not trying to trash the game with my criticism though, it's more like this could be the best indie game of all time and instead it's just a very good one with a handful of frustrating encounters.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Was thinking of getting this on Steam and firing it up this weekend.

Is playing with a controller that much of a hindrance?
It's generally really good about not asking you to make precision shots under heavy pressure. So far there have only been two points where I switched to the mouse for aiming. One of them was a puzzle sidequests, and the other was a sidequest that was so hard in the first place I couldn't beat it even with the mouse.

NeonBorealis

Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Just bought it on PC, but I'll gladly double dip. This game is one of those excellent quality indies that you have to have on the go.

It is the same feeling I had with Hollow knight.

Last edited:

Nexas

Oct 25, 2017
- Pervy fan service.

I'll pass.
Did I miss something here? There was literally nothing "pervy" in that trailer unless you consider the mere presence of women to be fanservice.

Anyway, game is amazing, and people should definitely check it out. I'm about 15 hours in on PC, and I'm seriously considering double dipping now.

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
Woo! Very excited to wake up to this news. Have been listening to the soundtrack and wanting to play this for awhile now. Thought I might end up getting it on another platform based on the dev's earlier comments, but Switch should be a perfect fit.

NeonBorealis

Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
- Pervy fan service.

I'll pass.
From what I've played of the game so far, there has been zero "fanservice". All characters have been presented normally without a hint of sexual pandering.

People see what they want to see, I guess.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I'll definitely double dip on this. I'm still chipping away at the game since picking it up at launch and it's one of the best indie games I've ever played, the sheer level of polish and charm is extremely impressive

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Did I miss something here? There was literally nothing "pervy" in that trailer unless you consider the mere presence of women to be fanservice.

Anyway, game is amazing, and people should definitely check it out. I'm about 15 hours in on PC, and I'm seriously considering double dipping now.
I assume they mistook the brief moment where you can see the main characters spats for a panty shot.

Viale

Oct 25, 2017
- Pervy fan service.

I'll pass.
Lmao okay. No pervy fanservice in the trailer or game, and it's nice that you know the quality of the story based on a gameplay trailer vs people who have actually played and enjoyed it.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
From what I've played of the game so far, there has been zero "fanservice". All characters have been presented normally without a hint of sexual pandering.

People see what they want to see, I guess.
I've played a few hours and haven't seen a lick of "fanservice." It's been very much like a traditional SNES/PS1 era RPG in terms of presentation and how characters interact. Comes off as pretty innocent and genuine.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the trailer they showed very accurately represents the game. Intense moments like that are very few and far between. It's quite a peaceful, chill game for the most part, and that's one of the things I really like about it.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
game looks great but they should be honest and say that the game is like PS1 2D games instead of SNES.
Like seriously no SNES games looked like that.