Xbox Games With Gold July: Inside, Castlevania SoTN, Big Crown, Meet the Robinsons

MauroNL

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

July 1 - July 31: Inside (XB1)
July 16 - Aug 15: Big Crown Showdown (XB1)
July 1 - July 15: Castlevania SoTN (X360)
July 16 - July 31: Meet the Robinsons (X360)

vestan

Dec 28, 2017
Meet the Robinsons is super random but the game itself is honestly really good. It's not really a straight adaptation of the film, more of a midquel than anything.

Also I've been on a MtR kick as of late, no idea why, lol. It's a good movie tho.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
I fucking LOVED Meet the Robinsons as a child. Not sure if the game’s any good or not, but I played the hell out of it when I was younger. Good times.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Everyone should play Inside.

I guess Castlevania is good too though.

Cannot say much about the others but I probably won't play them lol

Raijinto

Oct 28, 2017
Yep Inside is definitely worth downloading and playing for a few hours to its completion. It's worth it at full price too but I guess it's even better now!

litebrite

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I never got Castlevania: SOTN because I was so close buying it on several occasions.

Oh and yet another Disney game that's GwG. That Microsoft and Disney relationship.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I own Inside and Castlevania and don’t care about the other 2.
I swear I keep Gold and PS Plus just so I can access past games. It’s very rare for either to offer a game I don’t own or that I care about lol.
So e of that is my fault as I buy everything I want so of course it’s rare for one to pop up but damn it’s depressing

Correctomundo

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Definitely going for Inside. Given that I've enjoyed other kids film to game adaptations that were given on GwG that other people said were good, like Brave and Cars 2, I'll definitely give Meet the Robinsons a shot.

I wish I could download SotN for the first time again. I adore it so very much.

FunkyFreshB

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This seems like an alright month imo. Don't have any but SotN, and I got that just two months ago, which blows a bit.

Something I thought of though: With MS not adding new BC games until at least Scarlett launches, can we assume that all upcoming 360 GwG games can be seen in the BC list? Can't see why they'd give away a non-BC 360 game at this point in time

TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
I never played Inside and I’ve managed not to get spoiled all this time. Definitely glad to see that one.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Already got both Inside and SotN, so kind of a slow month for me.

But for anyone who hasn’t played those games, you’re in for a treat

G_Shumi

Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Already have Inside and Symphony of the Night, so it's a bad month for me.
Same here. I bought SOTN a few months ago too for $5, so I'm not that mad about it.

I will say though that the 360 version of SOTN really feels like it came out in the early days of that console's lifespan. It was made to fit below a certain file size and there just aren't any QOL features that we're used to today, like save states, changing the aspect ratio so there are no black bars, stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, it's still worth playing, but this version really shows it's age.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Can't complain when a month has both SotN and Inside even if I have them both. Two classics in my book. So, I'm happy for the gamers who will get to experience them for the first time. Thumbs up for the Games With Gold team.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Something I thought of though: With MS not adding new BC games until at least Scarlett launches, can we assume that all upcoming 360 GwG games can be seen in the BC list? Can't see why they'd give away a non-BC 360 game at this point in time
For sure, and a good amount of that will be OG Xbox games based on what was on offer the last few months.

RyanG

Nov 1, 2017
I never played Inside and I’ve managed not to get spoiled all this time. Definitely glad to see that one.
Man you are in for a wild ride. Enjoy!

I will say though that the 360 version of SOTN really feels like it came out in the early days of that console's lifespan. It was made to fit below a certain file size and there just aren't any QOL features that we're used to today, like save states, changing the aspect ratio so there are no black bars, stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, it's still worth playing, but this version really shows it's age.
Yeah they stripped out FMV's IIRC to get the filesize down. It's a bit of a shame that they never went back to the game after those restrictions had been lifted to put that stuff back in. A game of SotN's calibre deserves better to be honest. Still totally playable though so at least it exists.

Kouichi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, I'm so glad I didn't buy SOTN last month. I came close but decided to wait for a sale. Looking forward to playing it for the first time.