Rumour: The Last of Us: Part II coming in February, four editions to release inc ‘Ellie Edition’

Betty

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not enough cups in the world to hold the tears of joy for the villain finally getting what's coming to him.
Yeah fuck that guy for saving Ellie from the incompetent, delusional, stuck up Fireflies.

How ANYONE could side with the Fireflies after how they treated Joel at the end is beyond me, they had no reason to treat the guy who delivered the potential cure for humanity like shit.

Plus there's no guarantee that they'd be able to create a cure and even if they did, then they'd fuck up trying to get it to people and probably all end up getting killed, losing the cure forever.

Fuck the fireflies.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077 and FF7R will be taking my time the rest including last of us will have to wait. Probably will end up getting last of us as a PS5 game tbh.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah fuck that guy for saving Ellie from the incompetent, delusional, stuck up Fireflies.

How ANYONE could side with the Fireflies after how they treated Joel at the end is beyond me, they had no reason to treat the guy who delivered the potential cure for humanity like shit.

Plus there's no guarantee that they'd be able to create a cure and even if they did, then they'd fuck up trying to get it to people and probably all end up getting killed, losing the cure forever.

Fuck the fireflies.
For real.

J-Skee

Oct 25, 2017
LITERALLY just finished talking to my fiance how I hope Last of Us 2 has an Ellie statue to put next to my Aloy & Kratos/Atreus statues. This is amazing.

BraXzy

Oct 25, 2017
Unless it's ludicrously expensive or the statue/bonus sucks I am all in on the most expensive version assuming it doesn't sell out instantly.

What's the best way to stay alerted to editions going up for pre-order?

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
The last LE I’m going to put any effort into getting. After Fire Emblem, Death Stranding and Cyberpunk, I am done chasing these things.

Dukie85

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be getting that Ellie Edition (whatever it ends up being) day 1 for sure. Between that, the Cyberpunk CE, and the FF VII Remake 1st Class Edition, I'm gonna be out of quite a bit of money, lol.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Well, at that point I might as well wait for the inevitable PS5 version.

... A couple years later because I'm sure as hell not going to buy a PS5 at launch after the PS4.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Beyond sold 2.8M copies, as of june 2018 and if you include the PlayStation remastered. For comparison, Heavy Rain is at 5.3M (nearly two times more) and Detroit did 3M in less than one year.

Yeah I agree, the game probably was a mistake, but it doesn't mean that it was a good idea to release it during the last year of PlayStation 3.
I know, but another factor, Beyond is comfortably the worst received one out of the 3, it still sold very well (the games have relatively small budgets). Heavy Rain was a mega hit. And Detroit was better marketed and much better received. It'd have got a launch day boost sure, but I doubt it'd sell much more than 2.8m. Look a KZ Shadowfall or Ryse, a mediocre launch title isn't guaranteed to be a mega hit.