NBA 2019 Offseason |OT| Nobody beats the Wiz (ards of Washington DC)

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Last thing I am going to say and this does not come from a place of bitterness.

People need to go to church, temple, mosque, etc more often. This just isn’t normal for a player to want to play for the Clippers. It goes against the natural order of things. It’s not far from bestiality or whatever it is that Celtics fans do in their free time.

The only solution is a lot more prayer. Prayers for the planet. Prayers for your soul.

And prayers for our beloved underdog Lakers.

Oct 27, 2017
fuck...
But man dude delivered Raptors a championship I can't even knock him.
He was the ultimate professional during that time.
Thanks you, Kawhi.

Masseyme

May 23, 2019
c'mon bro, Kawhi was playing them. You think the PG convincing, conversation, trade details happaned in the last two hours when Kawhi got cold feet? lmao
PG being convinced means nothing. That was all on OKC and I still don't see why they traded him when he had years left. There was not one peep from anybody about that trade.

He may not have KNOWN a thing, 100%, but he was consistently hinting it was the Clippers more than likely. Hence him being called a Clipper shill, like, basically since July 1.
I mean even I said on Friday that the Clippers were the best choice given all of Kawhi's apparent objectives. Still didn't see it happening until they got another star and the market was dried up per basically every reporter. Sometimes you're good, sometimes you're lucky. Clips got lucky here.

Last edited:

ViewtifulJC

Oct 25, 2017
One good thing for OKC fans is they dont have to worry about being eliminated in the first round, since they won't make the playoffs next season

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
OKC and Toronto are actually pretty good potential Wiggins destinations. Toronto don’t exactly need Marc Gasol (expiring) and could use a Canadian former no 1 pick who plays the same position as Kawhi
I would agree with you if the Raptors were run like the Knicks, but Masai actually knows what he's doing. Wiggins basically signed a max deal and is on the books through 2023 with 27, 29, 31, and 33 million per season. If Masai wants to rebuild, taking a max player who doesn't play like one is a big ol' money pit best left for the Wizards.

MLSE is special in that they already have the Dallas Cowboys of the NHL (Leafs). Raptors success is great, but they aren't thirsty for Canadian stars. The only way I'd see Wiggins happen is if the front office truly believed they could turn him into a top 30 player...

Oct 27, 2017
I don't feel as mad or upset as I thought oddly enough.
I mean we won a championship. It will be a foundational piece for years to come for Canada and Raptors to build on.
We have Masai, Bobby, and Nurse.
I am optimistic about our future.

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
How the hell can lakers fans be bitter about this? You got LeBron and fucking AD and are making the conference finals

90% of the teams in this league can only dream of that, sit down and enjoy the ride

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
What are the chances OKC says fuck It and trade Westbrook for Wiggins?
If okc wanted Wiggins they could get him and a pick or 2 for Schroeder, Roberson and Patterson. Honestly they may do that depending on what they get back for Westbrook (and potentially Grant)

Russ getting traded to the Wolves or Suns or some shit.
Based on Sam Presti’s preferences it will most likely be one of San Antonio, Miami, Cleveland, Orlando, Detroit, Charlotte or Houston

I would agree with you if the Raptors were run like the Knicks, but Masai actually knows what he's doing. Wiggins basically signed a max deal and is on the books through 2023 with 27, 29, 31, and 33 million per season. If Masai wants to rebuild, taking a max player who doesn't play like one is a big ol' money pit best left for the Wizards.

MLSE is special in that they already have the Dallas Cowboys of the NHL (Leafs). Raptors success is great, but they aren't thirsty for Canadian stars. The only way I'd see Wiggins happen is if the front office truly believed they could turn him into a top 30 player...
The Asset Masai would want is a future lottery pick from Minnesota for an expiring like Gasol. Wiggins is just a way to get an extra lottery pick, plus he may help sell a few extra tickets. It’s toronto having motivation to take Wiggins as a dump not giving up assets for him.

TRCK

Oct 25, 2017
The problems for the Clippers currently are interior defense, passing, and Lou potentially losing value as a player with his usage dropping and having to play a different role with two stars above him.
Lou's 6th man though, right?

Also, I missed all the action earlier. It will be amazing if someone could go back and quote all the users who talked like an insider saying that Kawhi's going to stay or go to LAL. Just for the lols.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Raptors will still be a playoff team.
If okc wanted Wiggins they could get him and a pick or 2 for Schroeder, Roberson and Patterson. Honestly they may do that depending on what they get back for Westbrook (and potentially Grant)

Based on Sam Presti’s preferences it will most likely be one of San Antonio, Miami, Cleveland, Orlando, Detroit, Charlotte or Houston

The Asset Masai would want is a future lottery pick from Minnesota for an expiring like Gasol. Wiggins is just a way to get an extra lottery pick, plus he may help sell a few extra tickets. It’s toronto having motivation to take Wiggins as a dump not giving up assets for him.
Pop with Russ would be something...

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Lakers biggest revenge is eliminating the clippers in the playoffs....too bad we have an incompetent front office.

Anyway we still have lebron ....... aged yes, but still lebron freaking James. Please don't disappoint. Im betting on them even though my mind tells me they are f_d and clippers are the better team.

Let's go lakers!!!

ViewtifulJC

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, next year when everyone are off the books except Anunoby, Siakam and Powell. I think Masai next focus is getting Giannis. I guess the only I would hope for that the Bucks won't make it to the Finals in the next 2 seasons.
they'll have over a $100m in cap space next off-season. Think big man, sign Anthony Davis and Draymond lmao

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, next year when everyone are off the books except Anunoby, Siakam and Powell. I think Masai next focus is getting Giannis. I guess the only I would hope for that the Bucks won't make it to the Finals in the next 2 seasons.
I think a LOT of teams will focus on Giannis lol. I'm curious if AD stays with the Lakers after this season.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Westbrook's owed something like a $170M over the next four seasons and already slipped a notch last year. The only way he gets dealt is if OKC takes back a Wiggins or Chris Paul contract.

SSJDio

The Fallen
Apr 13, 2018
According to Woj, Presti offered both Westbrook and George to Toronto for a package centered around Siakam.

That’s actually wild

efr

Jun 19, 2019
2+1 or 1+1 are options on the table and make more sense than a 5 year deal if he wants the most possible money. even at 5 years. WE HAVE MASAI THE BEST GM IN THE DAMN LEAGUE
Step back from your fandom.
Kawhi, who supposedly demanded a trade to LA last year, who wants stability, is going to sign a max this offseason. I dont know where, but both LA teams have players locked in for more than a year. Tor doesnt. Even the GM was rumored to be leaving, and might end up in trouble for that bullshit that happened in Oakland with security. Lots for Kawhi to digest before he chooses
Sorry dude.