Should Your Boyfriend Play Mario Maker 2?

Idk you're demanding action without any evidence. I thought it was funny.
Yeah, I can’t find the PDP video shout out off the top of my head.
And, depending on what you think of Boogie, they coordinated a Twitch stream with him.
Regardless, the end of this video is a very direct shout out to NakeyJakey.

Sorry for the lack of direct evidence, I don’t like to just randomly accuse folks,

I’m mostly super disappointed because it was a channel I used to enjoy - but it just hasn’t been as fun and carefree lately, and now all this...ugh,

HamCormier

Nov 11, 2017
This post gave me the courage to say what I've been thinking about this channel for the last month or so: it sucks. It's okay if you people enjoy it but I can't help to feel like it doesn't deserve a thread in here every time they upload a new video. I'm sorry to be so cynical and bitter, I'm just speaking my mind in here and I can't really find anything funny or informative about this channel.
I really I am not trying to come across as facetious, but there's a feature where you can ignore a thread on the top right of the page. I used it when I disagree about the content I'm reading. I feel it's better for the community than trashing what some people might enjoy!

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt they're alt right (although "hol' up a minute" always made me a bit uncomfortable); just ignorant. Feels like Lindsey Lohan being befriended by mean girls. But if they keep doing this, they're going to need to put out a "we're not alt right" video before too long.

I just hope they're getting enough feedback about this that they know what's up after the fact, and choose to be a bit more careful in the future.
Really, now?

Aries Zeigald

Oct 27, 2017
I really I am not trying to come across as facetious, but there's a feature where you can ignore a thread on the top right of the page. I used it when I disagree about the content I'm reading. I feel it's better for the community than trashing what some people might enjoy!
They're not trashing the channel for the sake of thrashing it. They don't enjoy the content because they find something "problematic" in it, and they're here to make sure you don't enjoy it either. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, mind you, I'm just pointing out why suggesting the "ignore thread" option doesn't really work in this case.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
These people have been hacks and their videos painfully unfunny since the channels inception. I'm glad people are finally willing to talk shit about them, but it should have been happening way before they started spreading the gospel of their fellow shitcunt youtubers.

I'm not saying them stanning absolute pieces of garbage isn't worse than just being another couple of untalented shitstained youtubers, because obviously it is. But their videos were IQ hemorrhaging garbage from the start, and to see people post and bolster each and every video they released so hard that they apparently all deserved their own thread disgusted me (and I guess things haven't changed since they still get one every time).

Maybe we can get a sick call out to Jordan Peterson next vid! I know the boyfriend of this channel is a Joe Rogan fan so clearly he knows an intellectual when he sees one.

Justified

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
They're not trashing the channel for the sake of thrashing it. They don't enjoy the content because they find something "problematic" in it, and they're here to make sure you don't enjoy it either. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, mind you, I'm just pointing out why suggesting the "ignore thread" option doesn't really work in this case.
I agree with what you say with the bolded as an exception. I and a few others suggest that the video be consolidated to an OT for those who don't find their support of Alt-right and their collaborators of bad taste.

I, personally, would never suggest what someone should or shouldn't enjoy.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Those levels look crazy, insane what creativity people can come up with and a real testament to the strength of the editor.

These people have been hacks and their videos painfully unfunny since the channels inception. I'm glad people are finally willing to talk shit about them, but it should have been happening way before they started spreading the gospel of their fellow shitcunt youtubers.

I'm not saying them stanning absolute pieces of garbage isn't worse than just being another couple of untalented shitstained youtubers, because obviously it is. But their videos were IQ hemorrhaging garbage from the start, and to see people post and bolster each and every video they released so hard that they apparently all deserved their own thread disgusted me (and I guess things haven't changed since they still get one every time).

Maybe we can get a sick call out to Jordan Peterson next vid! I know the boyfriend of this channel is a Joe Rogan fan so clearly he knows an intellectual when he sees one.
You know there's an ignore thread button right?

Last edited:

Not2Xavi

Jan 17, 2018
Costa Rica
Yes I know. And I've done it before with the other threads (and many other thread I particularly don't care about). But it comes a time when we wonder if it's actually wrong to express your opinion even if it's a contradictory one according to the masses. I've notice in this forum is sometimes hard to have an opposite opinion on topics because people jump against the ones who dare. And I think that beats the initial purpose of a discussion forum. So here I am, doing the impossible and actually giving my opinion on something instead of ignoring it.

PS: I know I'm making it sound bigger than it is.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019

But they make a "cute" couple. Pffffff

Aries Zeigald

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with what you say with the bolded as an exception. I and a few others suggest that the video be consolidated to an OT for those who don't find their support of Alt-right and their collaborators of bad taste.

I, personally, would never suggest what someone should or shouldn't enjoy.
I understand, and I'm just referring to "cancel culture" in general. If it doesn't describe you, then I'm not referring to you specifically.

one of us

Oct 28, 2017
Yea I'm starting to raise an eyebrow here. It's clear that a lot of time and hard work go into these and that they have a talent for it, but if I could give Matt any advice it would be to completely subtract the YouTube 'culture' and personalities from your creation references, and do it immediately. It's an extremely toxic cesspool to have waded into, and there is no real comedy in it.

Kangi

Oct 25, 2017
Elmore
What a fun game--we get to guess who gets a shout-out next. My money's on the BitBlock dude, and I give it about a month before they cut out the middle man and just start pouring on some JonTron love. No rhyme or reason, of course!

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
These last two videos seem like they also have half the effort that the earlier videos did. I originally got into watching them for the funny songs and positivity but ever since their twitch streams became a larger part of the videos its become less interesting
This was my thought exactly after finishing the video. I loved this channel's genesis and earlier content, but the last few videos have felt less inspired and more phoned in. I'm really disappointed by that.

Oct 27, 2017

That sounds like you were looking for a reason to dunk on their content because you disliked it, and now you have an excuse but for completely different reasons. It's one thing to not like them signal boosting known assholes like boogie (which is a very fair issue) and it's a different thing to find their content shit. I was never a fan of the channel too but this line of thinking "i don't like this channel and i don't like that people talk about it here, so I will wait until they do something shitty then come out and say they were always shit" is kind of yeah. People still seem to generally like the content from the responses here. Various youtubers get their own thread here on occasion, dunkey, jim sterling, angry joe (I think?), you can find all of them trash and not participate in the threads I guess.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That heated gaming moment sure is gonna come off as a complete surprise.

The way Era is going soon you'll have to move if you live in the same city as someone who's 'cancelled'.
I’ll never understand the passive aggressive whining behind “Era this” and “Era that”, like people aren’t part of the forum, and the forum isn’t made of people.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Literally embrace an unapologetic racist, after it was quite known that he was one, all the while our community as gamers are trying to make sure they are not supported or have a voice/platform that we support for them.

The embrace signals that he is on the opposite side or at the very least supports him, no other way to see it
The fact that people have to ask what NakeyJakey did in the first place should be emblematic of why it's jumping the shark to paint people as Problematique™ for associating with him in any way. This is literally the first time I've heard anything bad about him.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
That sounds like you were looking for a reason to dunk on their content because you disliked it, and now you have an excuse but for completely different reasons. It's one thing to not like them signal boosting known assholes like boogie (which is a very fair issue) and it's a different thing to find their content shit. I was never a fan of the channel too but this line of thinking "i don't like this channel and i don't like that people talk about it here, so I will wait until they do something shitty then come out and say they were always shit" is kind of yeah. People still seem to generally like the content from the responses here. Various youtubers get their own thread here on occasion, dunkey, jim sterling, angry joe (I think?), you can find all of them trash and not participate in the threads I guess.
Oh don't worry, I think they're all trash and never participate. These two are just notably untalented. Dunky and Angry Joe are shitters, and Jim seems like an okay guy but I couldn't care less about his videos or opinion.

LapinAgile

Oct 29, 2017
Oh don't worry, I think they're all trash and never participate. These two are just notably untalented. Dunky and Angry Joe are shitters, and Jim seems like an okay guy but I couldn't care less about his videos or opinion.
what constitutes a “shitter”? Entertainment you don’t enjoy? I think people are making mountains out of mole hills.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Yea I'm starting to raise an eyebrow here. It's clear that a lot of time and hard work go into these and that they have a talent for it, but if I could give Matt any advice it would be to completely subtract the YouTube 'culture' and personalities from your creation references, and do it immediately. It's an extremely toxic cesspool to have waded into, and there is no real comedy in it.
All the truth. I watch a couple of YT videos per day, and subscribe to a few channels. I know nothing about YT culture, and only know who JonTron is because of PSAs I've seen on here to avoid his shit because he's racist. I understand people's desire to cross-promote, but do your due diligence. And if you don't give a shit about someone you like hugging a guy who is now known primarily for his racism, be aware a lot of your viewers will.

The fact that people have to ask what NakeyJakey did in the first place should be emblematic of why it's jumping the shark to paint people as Problematique™ for associating with him in any way. This is literally the first time I've heard anything bad about him.
Their video/this thread is the first time I've ever heard of him, period. I think assuming Matt and Shelby endorse hugging a JonTron is reaching. But I'm also concerned that if Matt likes Rogan, he probably thinks that "everyone's too sensitive". One of those people who's able to ignore """"problematic"""" stuff because it's just jokes and not really something that factors into their lives.

Jobbs

Oct 25, 2017
If and when Girlfriend Reviews shows their ass by revealing some horrific opinion or racist statement (which I have no reason to think they will), go ahead and boycott, but you don't have to punish them or yourself because they shouted out NakeyJakey's mario maker levels. You really don't. It's okay.

graywolf323

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia
I haven't loved all their recent stuff but this one was really good :)

If and when Girlfriend Reviews shows their ass by revealing some horrific opinion or racist statement (which I have no reason to think they will), go ahead and boycott, but you don't have to punish them or yourself because they shouted out NakeyJakey's mario maker levels. You really don't. It's okay.
I agree with this, otherwise it's kinda feeling like judging a thoughtcrime

one of us

Oct 28, 2017
I understand people's desire to cross-promote, but do your due diligence. And if you don't give a shit about someone you like hugging a guy who is now known primarily for his racism, be aware a lot of your viewers will.
As a fan, that's how I've chosen to see things for now. When you work in the same field, some creative resources become unavoidable. At most, I can see these as 'business transactions', really. When you have that many eyes and ears however, you have to be very careful who you do business with, especially with online media because it has very much become a tool for those looking to subtly needle in hateful ideas. I'm not a fan of political over-correction, but there is absolutely a line to be crossed. Plays into my earlier point though that.. he doesn't need it, and the real offense here is that it isn't funny. Sure comedy is subjective, but 'He is butt'? What are we, 5? And pdp is just brain damage..

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't have to watch their videos to begin with. I really don't. It's their responsibility to get people to watch, not the viewers' responsibility to wait for some red line to be crossed before they're allowed to unsubscribe.

If they want to associate with cretins like boogie, laugh about the jokes from bigotted sewer filth like PewDiePie, and explicitly promote people who celebrate the outright racist JonTron, they can get called out for that shit.

Shy

Oct 25, 2017
Good vid.

And some of those levels. I'm always in awe (and wee bit jealous, if i'm honest) of people's creativity.
I doubt they're alt right (although "hol' up a minute" always made me a bit uncomfortable); just ignorant. Feels like Lindsey Lohan being befriended by mean girls. But if they keep doing this, they're going to need to put out a "we're not alt right" video before too long.

I just hope they're getting enough feedback about this that they know what's up after the fact, and choose to be a bit more careful in the future.
When she does it, it sounds a little bit like she's doing a caricature of a vaguely Hispanic accent to me. More so in the early videos - I think the first is Witcher 3.

Edit: rewatched it; it's not as bad as I remembered.
Yeah, I'm listening to the Witcher 3 video again, and it's not so bad. My initial impression was that it was just like watching a stand-up who's probably not racist but is super out of touch dropping a slightly problematic accent, but Shelby's is more muddled than most of those.

But I'm also concerned that if Matt likes Rogan, he probably thinks that "everyone's too sensitive". One of those people who's able to ignore """"problematic"""" stuff because it's just jokes and not really something that factors into their lives.
How about not bloody presuming for what you think they might be, and writing them off.

That mentality is fucking dangerous.
First time watching one of these videos, really entertaining and funny.
I recommand going back through their other vids.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
They make fucking youtube videos. It's not a punishment to not watch their shit because you disagree with who they associate with. Jesus fucking christ.

On the other hand, you have an ignore thread feature. Do you need to shit on people's parade just because?

Nice fun video, the Huck Finn bit at the start was funny.

Seems like anyone who's not on the Left is an Alt-Right on Era.
Such a carnival of stupid in a matter of 2 pages. Lawd.