New Pokémon Sword & Shield Trailer (Gigantamaxing, new pokémon, version exclusive gym leaders and Pokémon)

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The issue with Sun and Moon's cutscenes is that you can't just mash A through all of the text, because you've got slow animations of Hau, like, jumping around or Lillie taking a deep breath between text boxes. It's good for a first playthrough, but it really, really sucks if you try to replay it, to the point that every time I've tried I just haven't been able to get past the first island because of how slow-paced it is.
Really? Pretty sure I mashed the A button and it just skipped most of those elements...

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Impidimp gets a cool evolution

I saw a rumor that had a sketch of a possible Impidimp evo and god I hope it's fake

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one that loved the cutscenes in S&M, i thought the story was fantastic and would like more of this in Sw&Sh. :O

Manny Toons

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one that loved the cutscenes in S&M, i thought the story was fantastic and would like more of this in Sw&Sh. :O
Nope. I looooved the presentation of the cutscenes in S&M, and I actually hope they continue in that direction. I only hope they learn to be more loose handed in letting players experience and explore things at their own pace. The constant interruptions for plot and exposition was horrific in S&M, and makes the games completely un-replayable for me... (and that's the sole value I have in Pokemon games, hhh).

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i hope the 3rd legendary in this game is really cool

I like Zacian and Zamazenta, they are cool designs, but coming off the heels of Solgaleo and Lunala, who i think are possibly the best 2 box legendary designs in the franchise, I am a little underwhelmed.

Loved how Solgaleo and Lunala had a whole cosmic theme to them, I hope Galar has really cool lore tie ins and themes for the wolf duo

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I looooved the presentation of the cutscenes in S&M, and I actually hope they continue in that direction. I only hope they learn to be more loose handed in letting players experience and explore things at their own pace. The constant interruptions for plot and exposition was horrific in S&M, and makes the games completely un-replayable for me... (and that's the sole value I have in Pokemon games, hhh).
I feel like the Wild Area will make the game feel way less restrictive since you have to visit it multiple times and you're certainly free there.

RochHoch

May 22, 2018
Only Pokémon you catch from raid battles can Gigantamax while all Pokémon can Dynamax.
I know. But if I were to use a type of Pokemon with a Gigantamax form, I'd either have to make sure to get one from a raid battle (which I don't really want to bother with, especially since they probably won't even be around next gen) or else I'd feel like I'd be using a dud that can't reach it's full potential since it can't Gigantamax. That's why I just want a team consisting only of normal Pokemon.

NHarmonic.

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, storytelling was the strongest it has ever been in SM. I hope they build on it.
lmao. Clearly you didn't play Black/White. The only game that actually dared to question the player and this "world" that uses animals that attack each other for the fun of their masters.

The rest of the stories have been dumb crap, BW actually did something else.

snikdasnek

Jan 1, 2019
lmao. Clearly you didn't play Black/White. The only game that actually dared to question the player and this "world" that uses animals that attack each other for the fun of their masters.

First of all that's pretty reductive, especially since SM deals pretty well with parental abuse. Second of all the BW story is pretty overrated. Since the answer to that question is basically, idk but since you are nice I guess this world is justified, so it brings up issues and then basically gives a non answer to the conflict.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
The Pokémon I'm eyeing up right now are

Sobble
Corviknight
Impidimp
Rolycoly (which I'm hoping will become a Fire-type, rather than a Steel one)

But we'll see. It really depends on what else is revealed. I also don't want to be waiting until right before the league to finish catching or evolving my 'Mons, as was the case with Vikavolt, Crabominable and Kommo-o. It was half my bloody team.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
First of all that's pretty reductive, especially since SM deals pretty well with parental abuse. Second of all the BW story is pretty overrated. Since the answer to that question is basically, idk but since you are nice I guess this world is justified, so it brings up issues and then basically gives a non answer to the conflict.
The answer was that Pokemon and people need each other to be strong. Pokemon brought out the best in people like Bianca, and you the trainer bring out the best out of the Pokémon you befriend. N and Plasma forcefully trying to seperate the two was misguided.

For the record, I like SuMo's story and themes. B/W's are also good.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018

It wasn't a great question to ask, though, since the series can never come up with a good justification for attacking, trapping and taming wildlife (most of the creatures are presented like animals and even sentient creatures), before sending them out to beat weaker ones unconscious. I just remember it feeling a little silly.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
My team is currently:

Grookey or Scorbunny depending on evos
Rolycoly
Corviknight

The rest haven’t really grabbed my attention yet.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm only set on Sobble, Impidimp and Yamper(if it evolves).
I just need something with Rock Blast so I can Dynamax it and laugh at the champion.