• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
From an aesthetic perspective, they look really nice. Like a boyband crew. Something nice compared to other FF games where the cast is filled with tons of crap all over their outfits, not a fan of that.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely ended up liking them a lot more than I thought I would. Except maybe Gladio. I thought I would like him the most but he fucking sucks. Noctis is alright but Prompto was strangely not annoying and instead endearing, and Ignis was a fucking bro, especially after chapter 9. The Altissia chapter. Whichever it was. The best cast though? Naaaaaaaaah.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
A decent one, but far from the best.
FFVII, FFXII, FFVI, FFIX... I say even FFII has better cast.

Oct 31, 2017
tenor.gif

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Final Fantasy 6, 7, 9, 10, and Tactics all have better casts. Final Fantasy 4 and 12 are debatable.

So no OP, absolutely not.

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
I preferred the cast of XIII over XV, and XIII had Hope in it....

I don't recall a single instance of character development out of the XV crew. One is strong, one cooks, one photographs, one sulks.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
The secondary casts are even better than FF XV's

IX, Blank, Marcus, Cinna, Cid, Beatrix

VIII, Laguna, Ward, Kiros

XII, Larsa, Vossler, Gabranth, Reddas

And the FF X prequel cast, Jecht, Auron, Braska

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Prompto and Gladio are insufferable.

Literally 2 out of 4 are terrible. Ignis is decent while Noctis is super bland.

He could have just as well been a silent protag and the story wouldn't particularly suffer. He just does things as the story progresses.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
my favourite is when one of your party is like "also im a manufactured human pls play the DLC? ok we're done with that plot point"

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Less diverse than prior titles, less fleshed out character plotlines than prior titles, more shallow gimmick reliant characterization than prior titles. The only way I can see XV winning out is if one only values fucking pointless banter as a replacement for actual character arcs. But to me that was an obvious bandaid to give the illusion that there was more to the relationships than was actually shown.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Can't say I understand how people feel that way from banter alone.

I'll go as far as to say that even ff13 had a better cast for me.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure how you could play through 15 and come away with that feeling. But hey, if those boys and their car meant something to you who am I to argue?

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I like their relationship,the final scene where noct cries and thanks his friend was powerful imo(with the japanese dub).
Also ignis became my favourite char after playing the dlc.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I really liked the way these four boys were interacting with each other. It felt natural and just like an old deep friendship. That final scene was also very moving and emotional. I liked the cast way more than the story of the game.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Not at all. there are at least 4 FF games I'd put above it and FF6 is still the king when it comes to characters.

adit

Oct 29, 2017
tonja
i like interaction among them and enjoying FFXV as overall game

but i'm not sure about the best cast, FFIX is the best for me

ChaosBladeEX

Nov 6, 2017
The answer is FF5, even if I'm the only one in the thread who thinks so. Bartz, Galuf and Faris are all absolute top tier FF party members.

F4raday

Jul 4, 2019
I really had a hard time connecting with the cast of FFXV. Besides not loving their personalities (especially Noctis and Prompto), I had a hard case of uncanny valley when it came to their relationship.

SE went a long way to make them act "naturally" and they succeded to a point, but at the same time it felt incredibly off to me. I was also somewhat confused about their actual relationship, since it seemed to switch back and forth between "Entourage" bros, master-servants and yaoi-bait. That in itself wouldn't have to be a problem, but it all just didn't glue for me.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
LTTP: Hell no OP

It's not even in top-10

Can't even remember poor bastards names anymore.

FFIX (Main cast superior, supporting cast eh)
FFVII (Everyone is actually significant in one way or other)
FF Tactics (Superior balance)
FFVI (Best protagonist)
FFVIII (Best supporting cast)

etc.

I honestly thought this was a shitpost.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Bros are great I love FFXV... but no.

We're talking about FFXV, not whatever game you played.
Im afraid we are both talking about FFXV.. You have the masculine dude (you can see weighs!), the smart one (coz he has glasses! Every nerd has glasses!), the out of place funny dude (he has a haard time belooonging!) And the.. kinda emo?

They are honestly the most forgetable bunch of main characters I have ever seen. There are only a couple of momerable interactions between the "bros" during the game and they all happen in the end.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Poor OP getting dunked on, but I think XV's cast is very good and are the best part out of the game they're forced to be in.

Still, nothing will be VII for me and IX isn't far behind.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
15s cast are likeable...... theres so little there though in terms of dynamics or development individually. Look I like the game, but it in my eyes has the weakest cast on account they all exist just for the lead to grow, none of them actually develop which for a 4 man group is pathetic.

Also the extended cast is weak, none of them are memorable enough that I bother to remember their names aside from the sexual fan service or the villian

OH really!? After hearing all the positive things about XIV, I'm really planning to play that game.

BTW do I only need to pay the PS plus for FF XIV or something else
Theres a monthly fee but you dont need plus. Keep in mind that villian (who might be my favorite in the series) isnt really a thing until the current expansion so you'll have a long while before you meet him

Last edited:

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I know XV gets a ton of hate here, but a lot of posts here are embarrassing. Opinions exist people lol. Chill out

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
What? No. Absolutely not. By the time I got to a certain chapter I mostly hated the main cast.

The game tosses you into a barely understandable battle with Leviathan, Lunafreya dies because lol, and then the rest of the party has the gall to hate Noctis's guts for something you have no control over? Nah, fuck 'em all. The game constantly berating me in the chapter that follows (you're walking too fast Noctis, don't you care about your BLIND FRIEND THAT YOU FUCKED UP APPARENTLY, you fucking asshole, why are we even here with your mopey ass, get another girlfriend who doesn't die so easily you loser) was basically my breaking point and I pretty much stopped caring about the game's characters after that.

I'd take Final Fantasy XIII's cast over XV. Yeah, I said it. Lightning is Miss "Worst Birthday Ever," Snow is a goddamned idiot, and Hope is a stupid kid with a giant chip on his shoulder for some bullshit that wasn't even Snow's fault, and I'd still take all of them over the main cast of XV.

Hope gets a bit of a pass because "some bullshit" is his mom dying, fine, but he's so whiny and his choice of target for his hatred so misguided that I don't care if it's understandable for a teenager to feel that way.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'd take Final Fantasy XIII's cast over XV. Yeah, I said it. Lightning is Miss "Worst Birthday Ever," Snow is a goddamned idiot, and Hope is a stupid kid with a giant chip on his shoulder for some bullshit that wasn't even Snow's fault, and I'd still take all of them over the main cast of XV.

I like Lightning :x I would also have the worst birthday ever if my sister was going to marry Snow

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Uh, no. I like FF15, but it's not because of the cast. They are some of the blandest characters in any FF ever, and I'm including the games with blank slate characters like FF1 and FF3.

But at least they're not actively loathsome like FF13's.