Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| My Students' Class Reunion Can't Be This Bad!

NHarmonic.

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They should’ve voiced Byleth completely. I love the female VA.

“Allow me to demonstrate” while she sends units to hell is fucking ace.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Damn, I didn't get an important choice in Chapter 11... so now I cannot follow
Edelgard's route...
I don't want to restart the game, I should have kept more saves....

They should’ve voiced Byleth completely. I love the female VA.

“Allow me to demonstrate” while she sends units to hell is fucking ace.
Its my biggest complaint about the game. I've cried about in this OT so many times lol but I HATE how Byleth isn't fully voiced. Its so immersion breaking. I hope this is the last Fire Emblem game that does this half and half voiced stuff for the player character.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Uff this killed my hype in continuing... I don't know if I should restart or not, considering I have already spent 20 hours....

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I didn't get an important choice in Chapter 11... so now I cannot follow
Edelgard's route...
I don't want to restart the game, I should have kept more saves....
Uff this killed my hype in continuing... I don't know if I should restart or not, considering I have already spent 20 hours....
A) Always surprised how people can even miss that
B) Given that the different playthroughs give you a ton of background info you'll probably want to re-play it anyway, and NG+ makes it a LOT easier to socialize/build your party etc, so it's not as if you had to start fresh

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
A) Always surprised how people can even miss that
B) Given that the different playthroughs give you a ton of background info you'll probably want to re-play it anyway, and NG+ makes it a LOT easier to socialize/build your party etc, so it's not as if you had to start fresh
I think I have just missed the last requirement... I checked my cloud save but it was already synchronized, I should have played in airplane mode this morning....
How much will it take to complete the route I am locked in? Basically I lost my two strongest units, which I prepared for the route I was not allowed to enter...

suracity

Nov 6, 2017
Regarding Byleth's VA, I'd like it very much considering the overall VA is so on point.
But I feel it's really difficult to do, in the beginning Byleth doesn't much emotion, and seems generally monotonous. It seems counterproductive to give him/her a VA since Byleth's character at beginning is no character. It does become easier in the later part tho
Also writers put some amusing troll answers in the options as well, hard to imagine how it will sound like lol

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Just roll with it. NG+ makes it much easier to roll through till that point with all the renown you'll have
In terms of battles, are the two routes different? I would not like to play twice the same... Besides, I didn't want to play NG+ immediately, but at this point I will be almost forced to.. I suppose that I won't buy Astral Chain at this point, to do the alternative route

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
In chapter 13 of the Black Eagle
Is it possible for recuit leonie and Ignatz if I finish Judith first?

NSESN

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Lysithea and Felix C support is up there with Hubert and Bernadetta C support
In chapter 13 of the Black Eagle
Is it possible for recuit leonie and Ignatz if I finish Judith first?
No, iirc they just escape
It is explained better next chapter
Claude instructed them to flee if battle is lost

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
At chapter 15 right now, BE-alt route
Top 3 moments
Wake up after 5 years to find Bernie all grown up and way more emotionally functional
A-support, where he admits he's chasing his dead brother's ghost
Gate guard crying and Bernie coming out of her room to put flowers on his grave

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
In terms of battles, are the two routes different? I would not like to play twice the same... Besides, I didn't want to play NG+ immediately, but at this point I will be almost forced to.. I suppose that I won't buy Astral Chain at this point, to do the alternative route
The two routes are completely different. Like way way different. Aaaaand you've also gone into the longer one too....I feel bad for you friend but damn idk how you could have missed it lol. It felt hard to miss. But I do recommend replaying the game anyway. There'll be some gaps in knowledge you'll want to fill in anyway.

Regarding Byleth's VA, I'd like it very much considering the overall VA is so on point.
But I feel it's really difficult to do, in the beginning Byleth doesn't much emotion, and seems generally monotonous. It seems counterproductive to give him/her a VA since Byleth's character at beginning is no character. It does become easier in the later part tho
Also writers put some amusing troll answers in the options as well, hard to imagine how it will sound like lol
I just feel like EVERY dialogue option Byleth has should be voiced. There's no excuses anymore. You let Byleth voice a damn level up and a damn Critical Hit but you won't let Byleth say a dialogue choice.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I very much stand with Edelgard, but the villains the Flame Emperor cooperates with are preeeeetty fucked up. Experimenting on teenage girls and villagers and things, a lot of innocents get hurt in their quest to hurt the Church..
The church is also significantly less evil than they want to pretend it is, Nemesis and his ilk were fucking gross.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
The two routes are completely different. Like way way different. Aaaaand you've also gone into the longer one too....I feel bad for you friend but damn idk how you could have missed it lol. It felt hard to miss. But I do recommend replaying the game anyway. There'll be some gaps in knowledge you'll want to fill in anyway.
That's the problem in avoiding spoilers... At this point I would have preferred to have been spoiled about
Flame Emperor's identity
but having chosen the right route. Unfortunately this isn't the case.... Now I should completely change my team's strategy, fortunately I recruited Lysithea, who will be essential in this route.

I am really burned because I am loving this game, my GOTY 2019 at the moment... The only positive think would be that I would do my wanted route in NG+, with some benefits of course. Anyway I think that for this morning it is better to stop, maybe I dedicate today to Smash since I didn't test Hero yet, and in the meantime I will accept the situation and continue with this long route :( (which maybe I will also like, because I don't know anything about story/rest of the maps, and it would be hilarious if at the end I would appreciate this one more - I am trying to auto-convince me, if you want to contribute)

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm playing with Japanese VA and Byleth not having dialogues hurts a lot especially considering the top quality of it.

I'll probably due my next route in English to compare.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's the problem in avoiding spoilers... At this point I would have preferred to have been spoiled about
Flame Emperor's identity
but having chosen the right route. Unfortunately this isn't the case.... Now I should completely change my team's strategy, fortunately I recruited Lysithea, who will be essential in this route.

I am really burned because I am loving this game, my GOTY 2019 at the moment... The only positive think would be that I would do my wanted route in NG+, with some benefits of course. Anyway I think that for this morning it is better to stop, maybe I dedicate today to Smash since I didn't test Hero yet, and in the meantime I will accept the situation and continue with this long route :( (which maybe I will also like, because I don't know anything about story/rest of the maps, and it would be hilarious if at the end I would appreciate this one more - I am trying to auto-convince me, if you want to contribute)
I think you mean the wrong route.
Edelgard is a trash queen and is literally pure Evil.

Moirayn

Nov 7, 2018
Finally I can enter this thread. Beat Edelgard's route on normal classic after 80 hours. I guess I am as slow as Kusakihara xD

Tomorrow I will start Hard Classic Golden Deer, although I did make a separate save to see how much things change if you make a different decision at a critical moment, but I think I'll go back to that in time.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
So most in here go the
Church route instead of the Edelgard route, why is that though? Rhea or Seiros has also selfish intentions, same as Edelgard or not? Or is it because of Edelgards attitude most say nwah?

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I have Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday off. I'm going to play so so much Fire Emblem. I can't wait. I feel like a kid again.

We moved into our own house last weekend and it's been nothing but unpacking and getting the house ready. When I get home from work, I have too much to do and all I managed this week gaming was was testing out HERO in Smash Ultimate when some of my friends called over to see the house. Adulting :(

In terms of the game itself. Ho boy. From what I have played so far, it's been immense. Can't wait to dive deeper and see everything it has to offer.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So most in here go the
Church route instead of the Edelgard route, why is that though? Rhea or Seiros has also selfish intentions, same as Edelgard or not? Or is it because of Edelgards attitude most say nwah?
Edelgard is for sure in the wrong. Don't want to spoil the other routes, but when 3 of the 4 have her as the antagonist because she's doing super fucked up shit, I think it's safe to say that she's the one spreading fake news, and one route has you falling for her shit. Edelgard is the trump of Fire Emblem.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Dany1899 I don't know what you're talking about regarding routes because of spoilers but I can say this in confidence... Fire Emblem Three Houses is Multiple Playthroughs: the Game lol
I know but, since I don't think I would have played all the routes, I wanted to play the one I cannot go into as the first one... but at this point I will have to do at least another playthrough. I think that I am just burned at the moment but in a day I will move on, if I played 11 chapters in 20 hours I think the rest of the route will be no more than 25 hours, so by the 15th of August I should have finished this route.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Edelgard is for sure in the wrong. Don't want to spoil the other routes, but when 3 of the 4 have her as the antagonist because she's doing super fucked up shit, I think it's safe to say that she's the one spreading fake news, and one route has you falling for her shit. Edelgard is the trump of Fire Emblem.
Makes sense, she also being the Flame Emperor, to have her way to get to her goals, must admit her way is very drastic. Hubert has the same mindset as her. I think I will go Church first and Edelgard second. I think because of childhood and the experiments she got so crazy.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
So most in here go the
I meaaaaan

Edelgard & her gang are literally going to war with two other independent kingdoms, forcing experiments on innocent townspeople and kidnapping and inciting violence left and right... So yeah she's wrong because of that, not because she has "bad attitude". If you play the game and all you think she has is "bad attitude" then I don't know lol. Play the other paths and you'll see.

Edelgard is the ultimate "the ends justify the means" path, if by "the means" we get slaughtering countless innocents to become empress and get rid of the church. While the church fundamentally wants to maintain peace.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I meaaaaan

Edelgard & her gang are literally going to war with two other independent kingdoms, forcing experiments on innocent townspeople and kidnapping and inciting violence left and right... So yeah she's wrong because of that, not because she has "bad attitude". If you play the game and all you think she has is "bad attitude" then I don't know lol. Play the other paths and you'll see.

Edelgard is the ultimate "the ends justify the means" path, if by "the means" we get slaughtering countless innocents to become empress and get rid of the church. While the church fundamentally wants to maintain peace.
I never wrote the bad attitude thing. And I know because of her history and the story events, she is using those methods to reach her goals. Character wise and plot wise is makes perfectly sense.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
might wanna spoiler tag that!

and yeah the beauty is

Choosing Edelgard's route kind of has you being a "moderating" influence on her conquering, so you're trying to contain all the innocent slaughter - but you're still not dealing with the "real" bad people she's aligned herself with, so it doesn't really solve anything.In each route you come off as the "correct" side, how most people in a war probably see themselves as "rightful".

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
I think we must understand that the various routes will make your side more correct while the other sides more wrong. So someone might be a monster in one route and be sympathetic in another.

Kanmurukillua

Jan 28, 2019
Was that fucking robots and fucking nukes in my Fire Emblem? With some crazy ass dubstep? Sadly, I had to stop playing before the final map because I'm sleepy, but I'm looking forward to it tomorrow.