Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker GMA Teaser Clip

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
The new scenes look awesome, bar the goofy double light saber.

I think the fight near the crashing water looks awesome.

0VERBYTE

Nov 1, 2017
I liked the space stuff. But I guess Im not satisfied til I get some resolution on the ending.

Also I want a purple lightsaber.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
this whole movie is some clones shit isnt it

that's an evil clone rey

also the hood looks weird cuz it's just cgi for the trailer to mask that she's bald

i'm right, don't try and fight me

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
They're always trying to make the lightsaber more badass and interesting.

The peak for me was Kylo's "unstable" lightsaber. Such a cool idea for the post-OT era. Probably one of the best things that's come out of these movies.

The foldable lightsaber is approaching General Grievous levels of unnecessary.

Still interested in the movie, of course.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The lightsaber could be super cool but it shouldn't be activated when you switchblade it. It would look cooler if that was the activation moment. Also rey herself looked kind of off in that shot. It's 100% a vision/dream.
I'm 99% certain it won't be activated in the actual scene. We live in an age of deceptive trailers.

What if this shot isn't even in the film? Like Kylo igniting his saber in Starkiller forest wasn't in TFA
I'm also reminded of that too. A shame they didn't include that shot, it was pretty badass.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
it's a girls version of Kylo's

oh wait, then you are going to say that Kylo also looks like a halloween costume so never mind.
Kylo has multiple layers of texture and quilted fabrics overlapping. Inner tunic, outer tunic, along with the cape or the wrap around scarf hood depending which version. This is literally a form fitting black dress and belt.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I like how not even a week ago people in threads were legit saying Kylo is not a suitable villain when this is some of the hypest looking shit in SW.

Also people unironically saying that SW is losing popularity when this video already has 6 million views and 250k likes

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Well if this one scene is hype we can just forget all the complaints
I mean most people don't consider him a bad character or villain aside from the ones who don't really get what makes him compelling and want a completely different character that is much more derivative. Like for all intents and purposes, some parts of the internet are huge outliers when it comes to how SW is actually perceived.

JB1981

Oct 28, 2017
I like how not even a week ago people in threads were legit saying Kylo is not a suitable villain when this is some of the hypest looking shit in SW.

Also people unironically saying that SW is losing popularity when this video already has 6 million views and 250k likes
So is that Death Star wreckage rising up out of the water as they’re fighting or is that just the camera movement ?

Also, that shot transition appears to be two different locations. The ground in the first shot looms like hard pan desert ... something funky going on there

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
it will be interesting to see how TLJ's reputation evolves over time

feels like it could age really well or age like milk

if this movie is shit, I think people might end up appreciating TLJ more

jelly

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry but that outfit look horrible. It has to be a fake out cause it looks like a halloween witch costume in it's simplicity.
I mean they all do really in higher fidelity. Jedi/Sith run about in pjamas and dressing gowns.

At least Rey's original outfit and iterations are kinda unique looking in a simple cut way.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I mean they all do really in higher fidelity. Jedi/Sith run about in pjamas and dressing gowns.

At least Rey's original outfit and iterations are kinda unique looking in a simple cut way.
They all have layers, texture, accessories, pouches, and so on. Even the jedi costumes have lot of details. Just seems like they really didn't put much effort into dark Rey, have a hard time believing that the costume is for real as in going to be shown very long. Feels like a quickie made outfit for one scene.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but is there still no indication how the Knights of Rey will factor into things, if at all?

Drewton

Oct 27, 2017

That TIE behind him is from the first trailer that Rey jumps over

Gustaf

Oct 28, 2017
When you've been arguing for three years that a fully focused and resolved Kylo Ren would be a dangerous threat to Rey due to the gaps in their experience and then the trailer shows him calmly fighting her.
he is literally walking towards as if she was nothing. (no pun intended)

not even in garde at all.

HOT DAMN KYLO

Surfinn

Oct 25, 2017
USA
One thing I instantly noticed about that Kylo/Rey fight is that it's closer to the PT than the previous two films. I like the idea of upping the skill level a bit after so much time has passed, comparatively to TFA/TLJ.

Kylo is also not injured and presumably not out of his mind like he was after murdering his dad, so that automatically makes it much tougher for Rey.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
i think that they appearing is a safe bet, if they have big roles is another thing
Gotcha. It's kind of a shame, I was looking forward to some kind of world-building with them throughout the course of the new trilogy. I mean, a neo-fascist Vader cult-of-identity is an interesting idea to potentially play with, but it really doesn't seem like there's a chance to give them any kind of significant role by this point given everything else already going on in this film.

Gustaf

Oct 28, 2017
Gotcha. It's kind of a shame, I was looking forward to some kind of world-building with them throughout the course of the new trilogy. I mean, a neo-fascist Vader cult-of-identity is an interesting idea to potentially play with, but it really doesn't seem like there's a chance to give them any kind of significant role by this point given everything else already going on in this film.
they dont need to spend much time,

remember that in the beginning of TLJ, the opening crawl says that the First Order started their conquest of the Galaxy, the Knights of Ren could have been the ones in charge of that.

and it can be implemented into episode 9 without much issue

Umbrella Carp

Jan 16, 2019
Lol yeah nah, this is Disney folks. Rey is not turning to the Dark. It's an illusion in her head created by Sidious probably.

If THAT is the bait and switch and she actually does turn to the Dark, I will literally stand and applaud Disney's bravery in the theater.