This article does not cite any sources. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Cyber threat prevention, cloud access control|
|Benny Czarny, CEO and founder|
Number of employees
OPSWAT is a cybersecurity company founded in 2002. Based in San Francisco, CA, they focus on cyberthreat prevention including a focus on malware, sensitive information, and application vulnerabilities.
In 2004, OPSWAT launched their first product, the OESIS Framework SDK, aimed at enabling software engineers and technology vendors to develop products to secure and manage endpoints, and detect and manage third-party software applications.
In 2006, the company released MetaDefender, which detects and prevents cybersecurity threats in data that originates from a variety of sources, including email, BYOD, the cloud, and web portals. This was later expanded to MetaDefender Content Security, a platform for DevOps and SecOps aimed at providing protection alongside existing security solutions. This was also expanded to cloud technology.
In 2014 the company launched MetaAccess, which prevents risky devices from accessing local networks and cloud applications.
OPSWAT released MetaDefender Drive in 2018, which improves device trustworthiness for organisations, by inspecting any file on the device for a range of forms of vulnerability or risk.
In 2018 the company's Content Disarm Reconstruction (CDR) technology was ranked number one by the US Government out of five similar vendors.
The company offers a range of technologies as part of its services, including:
- Central Management - multiple product management.
- MetaDefender Kiosk - isolated network threat protection.
- MetaDefender Vault - secure file transfer and storage technology.
- MetaDefender Email Security - protection that secures against risks not detected by other methods deployed by Office 365 and G Suite.
- MetaDefender ICAP - network appliance integration technology.
- OPSWAT Agent - a free malware analysis tool available.
- OPSWAT Certification Program - establishing compatibility of endpoint security applications, based on 100 endpoint security application vendors who participate, protecting 100 million devices through access control and zero trust vendor solutions.
- OESIS Framework SDK - a solution for OEM customers which integrates the company's advanced endpoint security features for 100 million endpoints.
The company claims to currently have over 1,000 customer accounts in over 70 countries, including:
- 5 of the 10 largest U.S. organizations in the Banking, Financial, and Insurance sectors.
- 6 of the 10 largest energy companies in the world
- 3 of the 5 largest aerospace companies in the world
- 98% of commercial and research nuclear power plants in the United States
OPSWAT also has other office locations in:
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Veszprém, Hungary
- Timișoara, Romania
- Tokyo, Japan
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, England