• We are delighted to introduce GiftBot 2.0, the next generation of our popular gifting feature. To celebrate, we'll be giving away some incredible prizes over the coming weeks in one big Giveaway Extravaganza!

The Last of Us Part II - Official Trailer (2 discs - releasing February 21, 2020)

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
Wait a minute.....
So, in the span of 10 days, we will get 2 most wanted game in 2020, and both will come in TWO Discs??
That’s insane!!

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Russian Federation
Joel has that look in his eyes that he does not fit well in Tommy town. Probably rumors about him and what he did.... i have a feeling he lives like a bum/outcast while Ellie is the opposite and she keeps her distance from him.

This shot has gripped me.... why the fuck does Ellie wears Joel clothes or why does Joel hand has the same tatoo as Ellie? Does ND messes up with us and they put Ellie hands on Joel model lol?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Would be interesting if they created a meaty 'home' chapter. Like you go out for multiple hunts/scavenging and get to feel part of the community in-game. I just got the impression it's an exposition-y prologue part.
It would be pretty cool if do something similar to Nate's and Elaine's house in UC4, just more expanded.
What I was thinking about is that story synopsis that talks about a violent act disrupts that community. They're obviously going to want the player to feel that disruption just like Ellie. It can't be a moment of, 'Hey, this is sad and you're supposed to feel motivated by this'. In the original game it opens with us playing as Sarah. It's a brief moment, but it allows the player to view her differently as you walk around the house looking for Joel. You're seeing the world from her perspective. Then you have something like FFXV.
It takes an approach that doesn't work. A few hours into the game you get word that Noctis' home kingdom has been destroyed and his father killed. It's the moment where everything changes in the game. But it has no real emotional impact if you haven't seen the Kingsglaive movie because that's where that kingdom is explored. The game itself just has a short cutscene at the beginning with Noctis and his dad and then you're off. Then you later see it being destroyed.

That's why I think if it is something that happens in that town, then it's not just going to be in the background. They're going to want us to feel part of that community so that we're pissed if something bad does happen to it.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, why is Ellie wearing a gas mask in the scene where the floor collapses? I thought she can breathe spores.

Acquiescence

Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
That shot of the girl lying on her back shooting at a clicker is Dina I believe. And the way the camera is placed makes it look like it could be gameplay within the context of a set-piece. Like in the first game, during parts where Joel is incapacitated but still able to fire a gun. So I wonder if Dina is a playable character at certain points of the game.

Everyone knows it...
This is great.

Betty

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I was living in the fungal zombie apocalypse, I would totally show off my immunity. Like I would walk into the village with a satchel full of death spores and snort that shit and be like "MMM SMELLS LIKE CINNAMON."
You'd be shot dead and everyone would think you're infected and could spread the disease.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Still think mw is the same person that mentioned in that description for the concept art.
sorry, i did not understand.

That shot of the girl lying on her back shooting at a clicker is Dina I believe. And the way the camera is placed makes it look like it could be gameplay within the context of a set-piece. Like in the first game, during parts where Joel is incapacitated but still able to fire a gun. So I wonder if Dina is a playable character at certain points of the game.
there is a theory that ND hyped the itens of the four playable characters. Ellie's knife, Joel's watch, Dina's bracelet and Anna's hammer :)

i-Lo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Hey, why is Ellie wearing a gas mask in the scene where the floor collapses? I thought she can breathe spores.
That's Dinah.

Joel has that look in his eyes that he does not fit well in Tommy town. Probably rumors about him and what he did.... i have a feeling he lives like a bum/outcast while Ellie is the opposite and she keeps her distance from him.

This shot has gripped me.... why the fuck does Ellie wears Joel clothes or why does Joel hand has the same tatoo as Ellie? Does ND messes up with us and they put Ellie hands on Joel model lol?

You are misinterpreting the second picture- That rightmost hand belongs to Ellie and her left arm's palm, wrist and ulna are visible in shaded portion ahead of Joel's hands.

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea if it's something they can't "fix" or if it's a design/gameplay choice. 🤔
If the camera does not control the light, then the character has to move and rotate much more widely [or at least their hand that holds the flashlight]. People don't move naturally like they are moved by the right analogue stick, so they tied the light to the in-game camera.