Anthem |OT| GaaS Effect

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Total voters

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Played a couple missions at lunch. Did the new Legendary Mission and got 4 MW on GM2. Then did a legendary contract and got 4 MW, 3 off the smaller titans.

shinobi602

Wushu Studios
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Reddit reporting exactly what i feared.

Stronghold chests now drop embers which means your legendary and MWs get replaced by embers. good job Bioware.

P.S this is exactly what happened in Destiny 1 raids when they added shards to the loot table. i called it.
Is it really MW/legendaries that got replaced or just epics and rares? I can’t recall how many purples and blues I get on GM2. If it’s the latter, I’m ok with that at least.

AegonSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really MW/legendaries that got replaced or just epics and rares? I can’t recall how many purples and blues I get on GM2. If it’s the latter, I’m ok with that at least.
bosses used to drop guaranteed masterworks. 1 on GM1, 2 on GM2. Now people are reporting that they only get MW embers and epics. There is obviously still a chance at legendaries in chest and now bosses have a chance too, but we know how small those chances are.

With them adding embers to the mix, the loot pool just got larger which means it's even rarer for legendaries to drop now.

I cant believe how Bioware keeps making these rookie mistakes over and over again. strongholds were pretty much broken since the last loot change which made everyone quit before the bosses. I patiently waited a week and a half for them to fix this and they just made it worse.

CG Amor

Oct 30, 2017
I do see mention of fixes for things that cause crashes. I am optimistic.

I saw nothing about the audio drop bug, so I am concerned about that. We’ll see.
Im going to apologize right now for being negative yet again.

But dont be, I just had two that sent me back to PS4 menu in the last 2 hours of play. Thats not including the times I've been booted to loading screens. At least it loaded me back in the game this time to where you start. I dont know why I punish myself.

Last edited:

Dan Longman

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
quickly tested patch.
2080ti/2700x
Before I was running with 90% resolution scale in config file @ 4k

Tried out DLSS and it's a pretty good implementation. Looks better with 4k DLSS then the 90% scale and runs way smoother before I was mostly locked at 60 with drops and now in the bit I tested it seemed pretty much a locked 60 without drops.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
I'm noticing more drops overall.
Any drop can likely be replaced by ember.

The new mechanic of teammates picking up your loot is questionable. Any blues or purples I would like to avoid automatically get picked up by teammates even though they don't know they're doing it.

shinobi602

Wushu Studios
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm noticing more drops overall.

Any drop can likely be replaced by ember.

The new mechanic of teammates picking up your loot is questionable. Any blues or purples I would like to avoid automatically get picked up by teammates even though they don't know they're doing it.
Oh, there’s a new teammate pickup mechanic?

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
bosses used to drop guaranteed masterworks. 1 on GM1, 2 on GM2. Now people are reporting that they only get MW embers and epics. There is obviously still a chance at legendaries in chest and now bosses have a chance too, but we know how small those chances are.

With them adding embers to the mix, the loot pool just got larger which means it's even rarer for legendaries to drop now.

I cant believe how Bioware keeps making these rookie mistakes over and over again. strongholds were pretty much broken since the last loot change which made everyone quit before the bosses. I patiently waited a week and a half for them to fix this and they just made it worse.
You're making assumptions here. Adding embers to the loot pool does not mean reduced chance of a legendary. It just means when it's not a legendary there's a chance it's an ember. Indeed, they probably made this change because people were bitching about getting blues and epics they had to salvage - now it just auto-salvages.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, there’s a new teammate pickup mechanic?
Seems so, but I am guessing that is a bug because it doesn't make much sense to do it that way.
Does this mean they actually get your loot, or just that it goes to your inventory when they run over it? I mean either sucks (I'm at the point where I avoid picking up blues/purples where possible) but shared loot is the reason I couldn't play Borderlands online.

Dreams-Visions

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Does this mean they actually get your loot, or just that it goes to your inventory when they run over it? I mean either sucks (I'm at the point where I avoid picking up blues/purples where possible) but shared loot is the reason I couldn't play Borderlands online.
I'm like 100% sure he meant the later. That teammates will unknowingly cause your item drops to be sent to your inventory even if you weren't at the chest when it was opened.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
It just goes into your inventory. I am thinking bug, because everything is instanced for a reason, why break the instancing to allow people to pick up stuff they cant even see.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Elysian chests are fantastic. Ran a quickplay SH (did not get guaranteed MW, got ember instead) and someone opened an elysian chest. I run up and open mine as well. Go to post game screen and see that both my cosmetic rewards are Chimeric Alloy bundles. One of 20 and one of 30. Yippee!

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
quickly tested patch.
2080ti/2700x
Before I was running with 90% resolution scale in config file @ 4k

Tried out DLSS and it's a pretty good implementation. Looks better with 4k DLSS then the 90% scale and runs way smoother before I was mostly locked at 60 with drops and now in the bit I tested it seemed pretty much a locked 60 without drops.
Oh this is good news. Thanks for this.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
You're making assumptions here. Adding embers to the loot pool does not mean reduced chance of a legendary. It just means when it's not a legendary there's a chance it's an ember. Indeed, they probably made this change because people were bitching about getting blues and epics they had to salvage - now it just auto-salvages.
Doesn't loot get "upgraded" as it's about to drop? Meaning every time you get an epic it was a blue that rolled high chance of upgrade. Same goes for MWs, other than guaranteed ones, and legendaries. If ember takes place of an MW, that means it took place of a possible Legendary roll. That's my understanding of it at least.

I know in destiny 2, someone worked out that every certain number of enemy kills you get an engram drop, then you get a legendary engram drop. When the time arrives for the legendary to drop again, it sometimes rolls prime engram or exotic.

edit
---------------------------

Elysian chests. We went from what was said to be ~100 vanity items with some(~5) of those being bundles of 30 MW ember, to 160 items in total. Only 67 being vanity, the rest being crafting materials not limited to ember. I'm also pretty sure that the 30 bundle of MW ember will be much less than 30.

Last edited:

Anton Sugar

Oct 27, 2017
lol

This fucking game.

So what's the word on loot? They still investigating the lack of MW drops for bosses and the teammate loot drops? I'd rather not hop in and waste my time if this patch is a bust, loot-wise. Reddit is flipping its shit but I don't know how much of that is real outrage vs not understanding the changes.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
It's Reddit. Lack of understanding and outrage is the default.

Just ran a stronghold on GM2. Got 4 MW, and 4 Elysian chests because we all had keys. 3 of the chests gave me crafting materials, got 1 vinyl. Apparently I've got 158 chests left to unlock. Fuck me. They have really, really fucked the elysian chests up. People were already pissed at the lack of armour. They'd previously indicated there would be 100 chests, the vast majority of which were vanity with a few crafting mats to pad the numbers up to a round 100. Now it appears to be 67 vanity items with 95 crafting mats on top to really dilute the pool.

What the actual fuck. Rest of the patch is fantastic. Real nice buffs, quality of life upgrades, bug fixes. And the story once again is going to be how they utterly fucked something up. What are they doing.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
lol

This fucking game.

So what's the word on loot? They still investigating the lack of MW drops for bosses and the teammate loot drops? I'd rather not hop in and waste my time if this patch is a bust, loot-wise. Reddit is flipping its shit but I don't know how much of that is real outrage vs not understanding the changes.
I did 2 contracts and a stronghold. I ended up with 3 MW as per usual. My Elysian chest gave me 30 plant crafting materials.

Raide

Oct 31, 2017
Saw a vid on the new patch seems pretty good so far. Some QoL stuff. I saw it had some performance stuff, so I wonder if things will run better now on 1X?

CG Amor

Oct 30, 2017
In the main menu the version at the bottom left is 1.0.4. Is that something else or should it be 1.0.6 after the patch it just installed.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
LOL

So no more guaranteed masterworks, and if you don’t have a key, killing the boss is pointless lol. Nice

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
I’m guessing loot will be finally figured out at the year one update. Like everyone else I guess.

Just can’t have nice things at launch with these kinds of games.

accx

Oct 28, 2017
So... i don't get any vanity items even though i've opened 4?
Checked everything but might've missed something.

EDIT:
Nvm, I did a restart and stuff are beginning to pop up.
But getting that 162 mark (whatever that is) requires you to do every daily. And you won't cover em all since it's 162 (4*40 =160). Granted, this is of course if you only have a solid 4-man group that you always play with.
Potentially you can leech off of everyone just queueing in.

EDIT2:
I still should have 4 items but the only new thing i have is one (1) vinyl.

EDIT3: I'm an idiot and forgot you can get crafting materials aswell, thanks for the correction.

Last edited:

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I am amazed that they continue swinging and missing like this.

It's like they mean well but just can't help but fuck things up.

It's like watching Charlie Brown try to kick footballs.
This is the best way I have heard it described so far. I want to see success I believe in you Charlie Brown! We all know how this will go down and it really sucks for the fans.

Are you still playing?

Dreams-Visions

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This is the best way I have heard it described so far. I want to see success I believe in you Charlie Brown! We all know how this will go down and it really sucks for the fans.

Are you still playing?
I paused very early on because I was afraid I'd miss cut-scenes and story line stuff due to bugs. I've been waiting on verified reports that those bugs have been addressed so that I can feel comfortable that I can enjoy the remainder of the story. All I really want for now is to just know I can get through the story without having audio muted on cut scenes...or the game crashing at critical plot moments...or that I won't ever get matched into a mission ahead of where I am in the plot...or that the game is now *very* unlikely to lock my system up or otherwise become crash-happy wasting my time and XP gains that will no longer be awarded. A month later, I am *still* waiting to hear someone tell me that I'm good to go. I continue to wait.

Fortunately I've had a lot of other stuff to play with Destiny 2 getting very interesting, Dota 2 getting a new hero, and so on...but I'm here almost daily hoping to see a post or update containing good news for stability. I leave every day a little more disappointed than the last.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I am amazed that they continue swinging and missing like this.

It's like they mean well but just can't help but fuck things up.

It's like watching Charlie Brown try to kick footballs.
It's certainly added some entertainment value to my purchase outside of the game.

I'm really rooting for them though, hopefully they can lock down their processes soon here and catch this stuff before it goes live.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Agreed. It seems like some interesting MW items to add elements to guns etc. More stuff like that is great in Anthem but I do hope they add more strange ones.

What worries me is that people will deck themselves out in these universal components and jump into gm1+ strongholds/LCs. It's already bad enough that people who shouldn't be in gm2-3 jump in for the better loot, now they'll be jumping in with even less hp/armor.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I’m not convinced the overheat changes made their way in, it doesn’t seem to take any longer to overheat or any less time to cool down. And a single fire hit from a Valkyrie brought me down.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Just did a stronghold on GM1, got zero masterworks and the 3 chests opened at the end gave only materials. (this was after doing my legendary mission and apparently not getting a key)

Awesome.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
I paused very early on because I was afraid I'd miss cut-scenes and story line stuff due to bugs. I've been waiting on verified reports that those bugs have been addressed so that I can feel comfortable that I can enjoy the remainder of the story. All I really want for now is to just know I can get through the story without having audio muted on cut scenes...or the game crashing at critical plot moments...or that I won't ever get matched into a mission ahead of where I am in the plot...or that the game is now *very* unlikely to lock my system up or otherwise become crash-happy wasting my time and XP gains that will no longer be awarded. A month later, I am *still* waiting to hear someone tell me that I'm good to go. I continue to wait.

Fortunately I've had a lot of other stuff to play with Destiny 2 getting very interesting, Dota 2 getting a new hero, and so on...but I'm here almost daily hoping to see a post or update containing good news for stability. I leave every day a little more disappointed than the last.
The game is much more stable generally. It's not nearly as bad as it was, and this was true before the patch. Too early to say for sure if this patch has improved things again but I've had zero issues in the 5 hours I've played tonight. It's been weeks since I had the all sound cut out bug or a CTD. Was still occasionally been kicked back to Tarsis from loading screen into a mission prior to this patch but not particularly often, and hasn't happened once so far after.

This is on PC. Like, the game definitely still has problems with end game and lack of content etc. But it is definitely vastly improved in stability, playability and general quality of life improvements since launch.
Just did a stronghold on GM1, got zero masterworks and the 3 chests opened at the end gave only materials. (this was after doing my legendary mission and apparently not getting a key)

Awesome.
Check your dailies tab to see what the daily quest for a key is. Mine was two contracts.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
My last update today in notifications is version 1.06. But the main menu says 1.0.4. Maybe it's something else then.
I think it’s just a glitch. Last update showed 1.05 in the PlayStation notifications, but 1.03 in the game menu (and that’s what was in patch notes). Some how the PS notifications seem .02 ahead of th actual version for some reason.

Xcell Miguel

Oct 27, 2017
France
DLSS is so broken, after a loading screen there's shimmering everywhere like if TAA was struggling, have to turn off and on DLSS every time to get a clean image.

AA settings are disabled if DLSS is enabled, I tried every AA settings, even off, always the same problem after a loading screen, it's like they did not even test this before shipping.

Did a Legendary mission and a Stronghold, I'm so sick of people rushing things and not killing mobs, don't you know they can give loot?
And at the start of the Stronghold one of the player was not playing for 20 minutes, he was using a macro to move its player around so he don't get kicked, then he did nothing all the rest of the game, just following to finally not open his Elysian chest as he did not have a key, wonderful...

I really want to be able to run Strongholds and Legendary missions or even Free Play in Private mode, some players are really a pain to play with.

I'm done until the next patch, again...

Loot is still awful, still getting a useless ton of Epic and blues that now are looted automatically if I'm too far (playing Storm), got a few useless MW as I already had them.
The Division 2 loot system is so much better, they really nailed it.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Two out of three faction contract npcs are totally screwed for me now. Only Yarrow seems to work.

Also, was there a glitch a while back where they gave you actual consumables instead of blueprints as a faction reward? I think I have that because there's some very handy consumables I have that don't have blueprints for. Did they ever mention fixing that?