US PoliEra 2019 |OT8| WHITE HOUSE ADMITS TO QUID PRO QUO WITH UKRAINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm Van Dam

Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Defense Secretary Esper suggests Pentagon will comply with House subpoena in impeachment probe: “We will do everything we can to cooperate with Congress.“ Asked on CBS if that’s a “yes,” Esper said: “That’s a yes. ... We will do everything we can to comply.”
Esper hedged more on Fox News Sunday, saying the WH would have a say as well about the subpoena

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
He's going to get US soldiers killed.

Ukraine aside, this is really what's going to sink him in 2020. You can't lose the entire neocon wing of the party and expect to win.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Warren at 47 cents vs Biden who is 21 cents on predictit. Even the bookies hedging bet on Warren.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
No words

also, I think in addition to business interests he’s still super jealous of Obama’s Nobel prize

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How is this not a bigger story with every Dem blasting it from the rooftops?
Details need to come out, but its already going to be a disaster for Trump. The real stupid of all of this, is that this just feeds into his quid pro quo with Ukraine narrative and doesn't distract from it.

Esper can't even spin this into anything other than blatant betrayal on FtN, much as he tries to pass off blame.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people not more terrified of what is going on in Syria and Turkey right now?

Why are people not more outraged that the US is letting allies get massacred at the order of a soured, sentient Pumpkin Spice Latte?

Why are the Sunday shows still talking to Trump officials about this instead of having experts or people on the ground in Northern Syria talk and explain what is going on?

The media is failing. Bigly. As usual.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Why are people not more terrified of what is going on in Syria and Turkey right now?

Why are people not more outraged that the US is letting allies get massacred at the order of a soured, sentient Pumpkin Spice Latte?

Why are the Sunday shows still talking to Trump officials about this instead of having experts or people on the ground in Northern Syria talk and explain what is going on?

America First!

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If he endorses her, this is one more step on winning over Trump. He can reach a lot of rural white young men, and they'll follow him out of tribalism.

I mean, I think we all are. The media is also getting people out there. As this gets worse it will only burgeon in the headlines.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Regular people won't care until US troops get hurt or suffer casualties. Even then it's 50-50.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

This is a man 30 million Americans voted for to lead their military.

What in the fuck?
Where's the declaration of war to send troops to SA and Yemen? Oh right, there wasn't one.

Regular people won't care until US troops get hurt or suffer casualties. Even then it's 50-50.
Hell, I fully expect if there's an ISIS attack in the U.S. - and it will be in a city because of course - that the MAGAs will be overjoyed.

Blue Skies

Mar 27, 2019
Starting after 2014, I started to use it as a kind of emotional hedge when it comes to elections. Basically I bet everything on the GOP so then even though I'm bummed, there's at least a silver lining in the form of a little bit of a payout.
Just put some dollars on warren

wish I would’ve done it sooner!!

Also bet against trump being the R nominee.

Blue Skies

Mar 27, 2019
I think all those people that are massively successful like to believe in libertarian type stuff.
Like, they think that just cause they were able to have massive success it means anyone can. They don’t understand that they’re outliers

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Imagine it was Obama with US troops having to hastily evacuate a war zone after being fired upon... days after he said they had already left the area.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Can we slowly transition to calling it "general awareness of historical factors, institutional corruption, and modern policy that have led to predictable outcomes for minority populations" rather than "wokeness" or "white guilt"?

If someone slowly comes around to realizing that failing to expand Medicaid disproportionately affects minority voters in their state, and that poor medical coverage is a contributing factor to poverty and crime, I don't need them to feel sorry for themselves to vote in change.
This post is a perfect example of Woke Guilt imo

(Also I agree with you)

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
He's going to get US soldiers killed.

Ukraine aside, this is really what's going to sink him in 2020. You can't lose the entire neocon wing of the party and expect to win.
Do they even care? They never cared about soldiers. Their biggest motivation is racism and scamming Americans.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017

I pay more attention to the news than most americans, and even i have a really, really, really hard time keeping up with whats going on in the middle east. The thing that made me do a huge double take was whenever i saw that the kurds apparently have a ton of ISIS prisoners and now they're escaping because of the turkey attacks. I think that's something the dems should be focused on, Trump allows ISIS prisoners to escape. plaster that all over the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.