• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

[Jim Sterling] Call of Duty: Shock and Bore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parenegade

Oct 25, 2017
I usually hate COD and this is easily the best I’ve played since Black Ops.

But let’s be real Jim doesn’t give a fuck about Call of Duty.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

Jim actually gave MW3 9.5/10 if I remember correctly at the time everyone was more critical to that game.

OP
OP
lowhighkang_LHK
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas

Yeah, it's the best campaign in a long while.

Usually most COD campaigns bore me halfway through and I just go straight to multiplayer.

But I'm actually interested in finishing this one.

But I think Jim's right about COD's overall campaign design needing to be redesigned. It's like these roller coaster set pieces in different locations interrupted by pre-rendered cutscenes.

Maybe one day they'll make a campaign that begins and ends in one continuous go. One major "OP" or one major "mission" - something really immersive. Instead of just feeling like you're a participant in a series of "action-episodes."

inguef

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it's the best campaign in a long while.

Usually most COD campaigns bore me halfway through and I just go straight to multiplayer.

But I'm actually interested in finishing this one.

But I think Jim's right about COD's overall campaign design needing to be redesigned. It's like these roller coaster set pieces in different locations interrupted by pre-rendered cutscenes.

Maybe one day they'll make a campaign that begins and ends in one continuous go. One major "OP" or one major "mission" - something really immersive. Instead of just feeling like you're a participant in a series of "action-episodes."
I kind of see COD campaigns as an evolution of the lightgun shooter genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.