• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

DCEU Era |OT2| Joker's Wild

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 33 71.7%

• Total voters

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the films being “dark” was never really the issue for most critics. It was always more about the specific creative decisions and execution of ideas by Snyder that people had problems with.
The world wasn't ready for the capest of kino yet. Even Watchmen was 50/50 for critics. Glad that the TV series got positive reception. I always felt Watchmen and its themes were more appropriate for an episodic format.

Loxley

Oct 25, 2017
Man of Steel might not be the best comic book movie but it got the best soundtrack out of all comic book movies.
Superman '78 may beat Man of Steel in my opinion simply for how damn iconic it is, but MOS is definitely up there with the GOAT superhero film soundtracks. It's certainly the best of any cape flick from the last decade.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I watched MoS again yesterday and, man, Supes smiles all the goddamn time when he's in costume. I wonder what kind of optics viewers had when they considered him mopey.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
nobody even likes the Bronx!

If not for city island, the zoo and the Yankees stadium nobody would even go there. My family when they immigrated started in the Bronx and they knew to get the hell up outta there.

like let people like the stairs, jeeeez.

Loxley

Oct 25, 2017
Before Joker release: "THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO INSPIRE AN INCEL UPRISING AND MASS SHOOTINGS"

After Joker release: "THIS MOVIE IS INSPIRING...tourists to take boring photos on a public staircase that homeless dudes jerk-off on."

Last edited:

jrush64

Oct 25, 2017
I swear after years and years of Marvel movies the only theme I remember is Avengers theme and I dont even remember it that well only the end riff I think. MoS soundtrack is defintely one of the best but boy do I love the BvS score too.

Plus I love the vocal songs for some of dceu movies like Suicide Squad soundtrack (best by far), To be Human is really good too, so is Everybody Knows from JL.

Loxley

Oct 25, 2017
I swear after years and years of Marvel movies the only theme I remember is Avengers theme and I dont even remember it that well only the end riff I think. MoS soundtrack is defintely one of the best but boy do I love the BvS score too.

Plus I love the vocal songs for some of dceu movies like Suicide Squad soundtrack (best by far), To be Human is really good too, so is Everybody Knows from JL.
Heathens by twenty one pilots from the Squad soundtrack is so damn good.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
I’m honestly a bit bitter a neck snap appeared first on MoS. Took away would could’ve been an epic moment for WW that happened in the comics.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Man I don’t even think we’re going to get a neck snap. I know that’s the only thing most people think of in regards to WW and Lord but I seriously doubt that’s going to happen in this movie.

Wingfan19

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Not a chance in hell she snaps his neck in this movie. DC is gonna be making all their heroes "heroes" for the foreseeable future. I'd bet they don't have a single main line hero kill anyone in the next 5 years.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
That trinity poll in the OT is pretty one sided which I disagree with. You know bvs has its faults but you can't deny that the doomsday fight was fantastic.
I love the Doomsday fight but it's not widely praised, especially around here. Most people think it's a brown mess. I think it's one of the best displays of superhero battles yet. Loved seeing these Gods just fighting in the background as the attention shifts around.

jrush64

Oct 25, 2017
That trinity poll in the OT is pretty one sided which I disagree with. You know bvs has its faults but you can't deny that the doomsday fight was fantastic.
Do you forget where you are? The thing about BvS is that people are so invested in hating the movie that they never talk about what it did well. Maybe the except the warehouse scene.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
The defending of any criticism targeting your favourite multi-billion corporation because you like some of their movies is so transparent in OT. It's really been eye-opening in the past few weeks.

jrush64

Oct 25, 2017
It's insecurity nothing more. They expect to like their shit because they do and when someone has another opinion that person must have an agenda or some bullshit. They however are free to diss, troll, concern troll or say petty nonsense about others though.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
It's insecurity nothing more. They expect to like their shit because they do and when someone has another opinion that person must have an agenda or some bullshit. They however are free to diss, troll, concern troll or say petty nonsense about others though.
Right. It’s pretty sad. I had to leave the threads because of them playing the victim card and lashing out at anyone who didn’t agree.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Man this thread is... special

Not a single thing on Joker becoming the highest grossing R-Rated movie of all-time this weekend, but somehow even more complaining about other company's fans.