• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Death Stranding Mafia |OT| Bridge the Divides in Society (Via Murder)

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't sound right. You want town's trust to leave you alone until D5 really and it's a good idea to have that topic being brought up everyday to waste town's time as well?

And of course town would've voted you out, I definitely would have, if you asked.
I know I'm gonna flip. Having town waste a lunch on me when I'm gonna flip is counter productive to me at this point in the game.

I think it's more useful to keep me alive and force people to keep interacting with me so town has more information to work with post my flip. But I get that people might not want to wait, but I think it gives scum an easy opening to go after Monkey once I flip town. I'm not convinced she's scum.

Gorlak

Oct 27, 2017
What do you think about Maol now?
This is an extremely tough one, his claim is generic. Asking for survival until D5 strikes me as ludicrous. Imagine mislynching today and letting him live another day. We would end up in a game deciding situation - trusting him again or not? I don't think we should leave him alive until that point at all.

The suck up part to me at the start of the day was making me paranoid. The one line about him doubting me, doesn't really convey that feeling at all. But at the same time EoD was townie. So I guess ?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, well, this is awkward. I just got a clarifying PM from Natiko saying there's been a bit of confusion. My Hated modifier was not a modifier.

My whole role has been replaced. I'm no longer slated to die end of D4, now my role is just I require one less vote to be lunched.

Uh, yeah, don't know how to make this sound credible.

Gorlak

Oct 27, 2017
Fran
On the other side who are his partners? As of now I can rule out me (you disagree I know), monkey and kits. Neither are you. Fantomas and meatwad probably not as well because of the votes. VA was also voted by Mao nearing the end of the day.
I don't know about malus, he had an early vote on Mao, but changed that at the end.

This leaves: Fat4all, Fandorin, Kopite, Kalor - out of those I only remember Fandorin saying more than one sentence about Mao.

Gorlak

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, well, this is awkward. I just got a clarifying PM from Natiko saying there's been a bit of confusion. My Hated modifier was not a modifier.

My whole role has been replaced. I'm no longer slated to die end of D4, now my role is just I require one less vote to be lunched.

lol

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about leaving Maol alone for today but we have to get rid of them today after that. This is a weird thing to judge when we have no idea of the balance but I don't see changes being made to a role like that at this point. Especially one thats already revealed. Maybe I'm wrong and I wouldn't be surprised if I was but the possibility exists that this is an elaborate lie to lower the potential heat and live longer.

Vote: Maolfunction

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

I'm buying it even less than before.

Fran
On the other side who are his partners? As of now I can rule out me (you disagree I know), monkey and kits. Neither are you. Fantomas and meatwad probably not as well because of the votes. VA was also voted by Mao nearing the end of the day.
I don't know about malus, he had an early vote on Mao, but changed that at the end.

This leaves: Fat4all, Fandorin, Kopite, Kalor - out of those I only remember Fandorin saying more than one sentence about Mao.
I'm leaning the doggo. The way that he reacted to Monkey claim seemed like he was spinning the claim to look for excuses to me.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Alright alright, since I'm definitely dying today now, I'm gonna stress to be cautious about lunching Monkey tomorrow. It'd be a ludicrous play to red check me so blatantly knowing that my flip would be town.

Fran has already mentioned that Monkey would be in hot water tomorrow if I flip town. If he continues to push for her tomorrow after my flip, seriously consider lunching him.

Also consider Meatwad as scum, if Fran is scum I can buy that his vote on him D1 was a low quality bus vote. Meatwad has continued the trend of not doing much today other than state that he'd be fine voting for me. Still a low contributing player, could easily be scum trying to stay under the radar.

I'm not sure who the third scum player is, but I'm comfortable with Gorlak and Fat4All being town at this point. The doggo gets town points just for asking good townie like questions all game.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what to make of doggo. Drunk!dog felt genuine.
It's this posts that are bothering me:

I feel kinda weird about Dr. Monkey opening today with their red-check moment one.

Sure, they opened it with the caveats of "lets not be too hasty with this info", but it's still something that colors the conversation of the day from the get-go.
considering Ket was a motion detector I'd wager there's prob a few abilities in this game that involve messing with people at night
so, this is a weird spot to be in

if Dr. Monkey and Maol are both town then scum got really lucky OR scum also has some misdirection abilities AND they got really lucky

considering all the possible misdirections, possible false night reads, or straight up bastard things able to happen i really wish Day 2 coulda started without claims so early

if Dr. Monkey or Maol is scum then this becomes less complicated and less likely that scum just shot the moon

i highly highly doubt both are scum, that'd be bonkers bananapants
This were the first reactions from the doggo when Monkey claimed and to me it seems that he is trying to create excuses for Maol's red check. His first reaction was trying to discret Monkey and trying to create a narrative that an ability messed up with that claim.

What do you think about Fandorin?
This is a tough one. I always have trouble reading Fando. I have pretty much at null now. There is nothing that makes me think that he could be scum but none of his posts made me lean town.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Can you point me to three of them please?

Also what do you think about kitsunelaine?
Basically what Fran just quoted. He's one of the only players that didn't jump immediately to trusting Monkey's red check, which to me would be counter productive to being scum if their plan is to frame her once I flip.

Dr. Monkey

Mafia MVP
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with this, Maol was definitely looking for a wagon at the end of D1. He certainly didn't seem all that concerned about finding scum
I see there’s a lot of posts but this is what I’ve read up to. I’m sorry, I’ll get there. I just wanted to add in here that for all Maol has talked about me setting up “safety nets,” his talk of odds + this behavior absolutely looks like hedging his bets.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

This phase has been a rollercoaster so far lol

My take on your... first claim was that it was really unconventional and that you claiming like you did wasn't optimal, since getting NK'ed is actually ideal for a doomed vanilla townie like you were. I liked the timing of your claim though, since I believe discussion would've drifted away from you a bit after Monkey cleared her red check, but you did a 180º on your read on her + claimed the weirdest role so far.

On this change though, can you clear up on what exactly happened this night? Were you actually a "doomed vanilla" before and somehow you got "upgraded" to an hated vanilla? Is that it?

Gorlak

Oct 27, 2017
Basically what Fran just quoted. He's one of the only players that didn't jump immediately to trusting Monkey's red check, which to me would be counter productive to being scum if their plan is to frame her once I flip.
Isn't it quite peculiar that you chose to townread Fat4all, just a bit after Fran and I were exchanging thoughts? It looks like you want to position yourself opposite of Fran for the sake of it.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017

This phase has been a rollercoaster so far lol

My take on your... first claim was that it was really unconventional and that you claiming like you did wasn't optimal, since getting NK'ed is actually ideal for a doomed vanilla townie like you were. I liked the timing of your claim though, since I believe discussion would've drifted away from you a bit after Monkey cleared her red check, but you did a 180º on your read on her + claimed the weirdest role so far.

On this change though, can you clear up on what exactly happened this night? Were you actually a "doomed vanilla" before and somehow you got "upgraded" to an hated vanilla? Is that it?
Honestly my goal post D1 was to be NK'd, I agree that's the best outcome for a doomed vanilla townie. My 180 on Monkey is the idea that was floating in my head I mentioned earlier. I had a thought that scum forced her red check on me to pit townie vs townie. But, after her claim I have a feeling her role is just tied to people who are connected to death in some way and now my thought is that it's still townie vs townie, but scum can make an opportunity out of it come tomorrow.

And yes. I was Dying vanilla D1, and today that role was entirely replaced by the Hated role, my power being one less vote needed to kill me.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's this posts that are bothering me:

This were the first reactions from the doggo when Monkey claimed and to me it seems that he is trying to create excuses for Maol's red check. His first reaction was trying to discret Monkey and trying to create a narrative that an ability messed up with that claim.

This is a tough one. I always have trouble reading Fando. I have pretty much at null now. There is nothing that makes me think that he could be scum but none of his posts made me lean town.
Damn, didn't know I was hard to read to you.

But on Fat4all, I disagree with your take on his reaction to Monkey's claim which actually felt pretty genuine to me. The post below, which came a little bit after, especially since it was an original talk and it gels mechanics discussion with his overall read on the situation.

So Dr. Monkey, earlier you said there was a chance that your ability could be misdirected, that’s not the case right?

It doesn’t seem like you actually target anyone with your ability, that you have to communicate through Nat with the dead player.

I ask because of this post you made earlier:

It has lines like:

“I check Maol (town power 1)
Someone applies the hated modifier (could be any alignment)
Someone applies a switch or redirect or something (more likely scum but indeterminate)”

Your not really checking Maol, you’re getting a yes or no answer from the dead, and from a direct question.

That doesn’t seem like something that can be redirected, maybe only stopped/blocked.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
But on Fat4all, I disagree with your take on his reaction to Monkey's claim which actually felt pretty genuine to me. The post below, which came a little bit after, especially since it was an original talk and it gels mechanics discussion with his overall read on the situation.
This post is after Monkey clarified about her role and it seemed like she was a medium instead of some sort of cop. At this point her red check had lost a lot of force as it seems that it wasn't a red check at all. But the first reaction from Fat4all, when everyone still thought that Monkey had a red check on Maol, is him trying to find excuses that could explain the red check besides the most obvious one.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly my goal post D1 was to be NK'd, I agree that's the best outcome for a doomed vanilla townie. My 180 on Monkey is the idea that was floating in my head I mentioned earlier. I had a thought that scum forced her red check on me to pit townie vs townie. But, after her claim I have a feeling her role is just tied to people who are connected to death in some way and now my thought is that it's still townie vs townie, but scum can make an opportunity out of it come tomorrow.

And yes. I was Dying vanilla D1, and today that role was entirely replaced by the Hated role, my power being one less vote needed to kill me.
I think your read on Monkey progressed well, it's just that juxtaposed with all the rest it was sorta hard to keep track. Like I said though, timing-wise it was rather townie.

And alright, that's a really sudden change in your role. I'm guessing it was caused by another player too, which is the strangest part of it all.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
This post is after Monkey clarified about her role and it seemed like she was a medium instead of some sort of cop. At this point her red check had lost a lot of force as it seems that it wasn't a red check at all. But the first reaction from Fat4all, when everyone still thought that Monkey had a red check on Maol, is him trying to find excuses that could explain the red check besides the most obvious one.
So what's scum!doggo's plan? He defends me by countering a red check when most of the game believes it's valid.

Now say I flip scum, does he not now stand out like a sore thumb by being the only player who threw doubt on Monkey's check ability and becomes an obvious target? His actions would be terrible for scum if I'm scum.

Gorlak

Oct 27, 2017
Fandorin - do you have 5 minutes? I feel like I don't really know any of your stances, can we do a quick and dirty questionaire?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
So what's scum!doggo's plan? He defends me by countering a red check when most of the game believes it's valid.

Now say I flip scum, does he not now stand out like a sore thumb by being the only player who threw doubt on Monkey's check ability and becomes an obvious target? His actions would be terrible for scum if I'm scum.
Except that he never countered the red check. He just says things like: "I kinda feel weird about Monkey", "Considering that we had a motion detector there are roles that could mess results", "maybe there is some misdirection", etc. He is not countering Monkey or defending you. He is trying to create doubts around the red check without openly countering it.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Except that he never countered the red check. He just says things like: "I kinda feel weird about Monkey", "Considering that we had a motion detector there are roles that could mess results", "maybe there is some misdirection", etc. He is not countering Monkey or defending you. He is trying to create doubts around the red check without openly countering it.
Okay, "trying to create doubts about the red check" is literally the same thing as countering the red check.

Gorlak

Oct 27, 2017
Kopite malus Meatwad Kalor

I'd appreciate it if all of you were giving more input when you have the time - like an updated read list or so
(I know you've posted a stance on mao's last claim, Kalor, but there happened a lot more)

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't been super active/helpful, but I'll warn anyway: about to vanish for a large chunk of the remainder of the day and into the night. I'll try to pop in when I can, but might not be until tonight.

Fantomas

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up again, so Maos role was actually changed to Hated not just modified.

I honestly cant think of much to comment on now from my phone since I need yo quote people and ask questions and stuff and that's not easy for me on mobile, but if anyone wants to ask me some direct questions I can try to respond either within the next 10 minutes or when I take my next break

Gorlak

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I just cant picture her pulling a gambit like this as Scum. Even with Scum being given fake claims, this feels way too out there to be a lie coming from her.
What about the fact that she presented it as a check and did not consider the other side to possibly be scum? That seems unlike Monkey?

Dr. Monkey

Mafia MVP
Oct 25, 2017
Morning all, sorry for not being around last night. I passed out once I got home from work. Anyway, I'm gonna claim since it may be useful in understanding Monkey's role. It may be picking up on the fact that I sort of already have one foot in the grave. I'm a dying generic soldier named CDT6. (I've barely paid attention to Death Stranding news, not sure if that's a character in a trailer) If I'm still alive by the end of D4, I die. That's my whole role.

If Monkey has a limited list of players to pick from, and since the role seems to be connected to the dead, it's possible that everyone on her list has a death date. Or it could be something else, but that's the only idea I could think of for why she could target me and why she can't target the whole game.

As it is, my claim is extremely easy to prove if I'm still alive post day 4. I'm gonna petition that town not lunch me today, you are guaranteed my flip no matter what, we should use today to lunch a better target.

Vote: Fran

Fran has spent most of today sowing doubt about players now, both me and Kits he questioned. Not with any game solving intent behind it, just throwing doubt out into the game so other players question the claims and thoughts by both me and kits.

And now it looks like my D1 play is being questioned again, even though I stated all of D1 that I don't place my votes on D1 thinking I'm voting scum because the odds of town hitting scum on D1 is so low. My vote on Fran was a scum hunting vote, however and his explanation here for his EoD play is poor. He states I make a self preservation vote by voting Meatwad... the target with the lowest amount of votes. If I was making a self preservation vote, I would have voted turmoil. And I would have never joined turmoil and Gorlak and Fran if my focus was to stay alive.

As you can see from my claim, it's low impact. Losing me on D1 would basically be losing a vanilla town, but also a dying vanilla town. I'd have been totally fine with it, because again as I've said repeatedly, since town is most likely to kill town on D1, the goal of D1 is to make sure town doesn't lunch an important PR. Fran's whole point about town players must try to stay alive makes no sense. If you're a townie with little impact on the overall game, you should absolutely be more willing to die than other players who might have a PR. To say otherwise is extremely scummy.
Just got home and this is a lot to unpack. So CDT6 I think is the Corpse Disposal Team and one of the dudes gets hit with the time changing super rain or whatever so okay, that actually does check out for flavor. BUT. BUT: surely someone who talked about odds all through day one sees the problem with the d4 marker? 15 players, if we don't hit scum by D4, that's endgame. If we only hit one scum by d4 and you just auto die along with the daily kill, that's also bad place. I am struggling to follow how someone who has been obsessed with the numbers for most of the game so far glides right over these numbers like nbd, I'll just die on my own. I don't really know what to make of that.

Fantomas

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What about the fact that she presented it as a check and did not consider the other side to possibly be scum? That seems unlike Monkey?
She said dead players were the other side and that it was specifically in her PM as that, so I can see why she wouldn't think that, unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

Dr. Monkey

Mafia MVP
Oct 25, 2017
oh uh

I just scrolled up

so uh I'll just read everything now because I think I'm outdated lol