• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

What are your favorite RPG battle theme songs?

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Dragon's Dogma

Reminds me of Conan sound track, It picks up in speed and intensity when a monster's about to die and makes you feel like a superhero

AliceAbstract

Oct 27, 2017
Great thread! Since Leap the Precipice and both Saga Frontiers have been posted...

I also think a large chunk of the Live a Live OST fits here, but I'll limit myself to just these two!

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I came in to post Baten Kaitos and Valkyrie Profile themes but it looks like my job is already done here.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Probably the much maligned Final Fantasy XIII, which generally had a fantastic soundtrack. It's on Spotify now, so check it out!

MisterSpo

Feb 12, 2019
St Helens, UK
Great thread. Agreed on the picks from Golden Sun and the Xenoblade games, but the two Mass Effect 2 tracks reminded me how much I love that game. I'm seriously considering finding the time to play it again on the back of this, but nobody posted my favourite combat music from ME2:

I'd have played Mass Effect 2 indefinitely if they just kept expanding it with episodic expansions as good as Stolen Memories, Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker.

My favourite recent combat music in RPGs definitely comes from the Fire Emblem games - especially in terms of final boss music. Twilight of the Gods and God-Shattering Star are really quite something:

But I really love Chasing Daybreak, one of the post-timeskip battle themes in Three Houses, which really helped me feel like the stakes were well and truly raised by this point in the game. Both the Rain (map view) and Thunder (battle scene) arrangements are great:

Kcarstel

Oct 27, 2017
Shin Megami Tensei has so many great battle themes, unfortunately with Persona they are getting a little overlooked.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
My favourite recent combat music in RPGs definitely comes from the Fire Emblem games - especially in terms of final boss music. Twilight of the Gods and God-Shattering Star are really quite something:
Not played FE since the GC, I really like this track though thanks.

2:00 ❤

You know a soundtrack's going to be good when this is in the prologue

i love this boss theme as well, sounds like something out of Ys

Falcom music is just great though, Ys is no exception. The re ent games have field music rather than battle music but even so...

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Anything by Yoko Shimomura, just pick a random one from Mario RPG, The M&L series or Kingdom Hearts, they're all winners.

I specially love her amazing 3 act structured boss themes