Rockfic — Band fiction that rocks [ 7,853 stories by 1,045 authors ]

ALL CHARACTERS MUST BE OVER 18 – EFFECTIVE MARCH 2017

Goto page 1, 2  Next
midnight_moonlight
Site Admin

Stories: 320
Reviews: 1338
New rule:

As of 11th March 2017 all characters involved in relationships that involve any kind of sexual contact (kissing, touching, anal/oral/vaginal penetration etc) must be over the age of 18. No exceptions.

Any member found to be breaking this rule will be banned.

All previous rules on the age of consent no longer apply. The site's submission rules have been updated to reflect this.

FAQ

What about the stories I've already written?!

They'll stay in the archive. Anything written after the above listed date will be deleted and the user will be banned and their details handed over to the relevant police force.

But I have a multi-chapter story with characters under the age of 18. What do I do?!

You have until June 30th to finish it. If it's not finished by then, you will be banned.

But what about XYZ character? They were under 18 when they did XYZ scenario?

Sorry, but there's no exceptions. This includes anything that a particular character did before they turned 18.

What do I do if I find underage stories posted after today?

Report it to one of the admins and they'll deal with it.
Permalink     Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:51 am     Reply with quote
They'll be going down harder than Dave Grohl on a promise. - Rockfic chat comment

Highway Joe
Entered Rehab

Stories: 47
Reviews: 358
Official Biffno Winner
Just to be certain: We can still write characters under 18, they just can't have sexual contact (as listed above) with each other or any other character?
Permalink     Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:30 am     Reply with quote
When in doubt, just swerve right onto the Constant Learning Curve.

5:00 am, I am fading. Ghost on the pavement. I celebrate futility within -Katatonia, \"Passer\"

Writing is a solitary business. It takes over your life. In some sense, a writer has no life of his own. Even when he is there, he is not really there. Another ghost. -Paul Auster, Ghosts

Riguel*2000
Scored a Recording Contract

Stories: 114
Reviews: 835
Noted and fully understand.

Just wanted to say I am writing a fic in which one of the band members refers to two of the younger members as "kids" because he is 14 years older than them but those younger guys still are in their 20s. I hope this kind of reference or comment will not be misinterpreted.
Anyway, I will put the year in which the story is taking place as author note, so anyone can clearly check that at that moment they were well above 18.

Let me know if this is an issue.
Permalink     Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:57 am     Reply with quote

midnight_moonlight
Site Admin

^ That's absolutely right. As long as there's no sexual contact, or anything that could be perceived as sexual contact, characters under the age of 18 can still be written.
Permalink     Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:58 am     Reply with quote
They'll be going down harder than Dave Grohl on a promise. - Rockfic chat comment

midnight_moonlight
Site Admin

Riguel*2000 wrote:
Noted and fully understand.

Just wanted to say I am writing a fic in which one of the band members refers to two of the younger members as "kids" because he is 14 years older than them but those younger guys still are in their 20s. I hope this kind of reference or comment will not be misinterpreted.
Anyway, I will put the year in which the story is taking place as author note, so anyone can clearly check that at that moment they were well above 18.

Let me know if this is an issue.

That should be fine. As long as they're over 18, there shouldn't be a problem.
Permalink     Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:05 am     Reply with quote

Highway Joe
Entered Rehab

Stories: 47
Reviews: 358
Official Biffno Winner
midnight_moonlight wrote:
^ That's absolutely right. As long as there's no sexual contact, or anything that could be perceived as sexual contact, characters under the age of 18 can still be written.

[nods]
Permalink     Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:45 am     Reply with quote
When in doubt, just swerve right onto the Constant Learning Curve.

5:00 am, I am fading. Ghost on the pavement. I celebrate futility within -Katatonia, \"Passer\"

Writing is a solitary business. It takes over your life. In some sense, a writer has no life of his own. Even when he is there, he is not really there. Another ghost. -Paul Auster, Ghosts

speakingez

Stories: 8
Reviews: 303
Got it, thanks for the thorough post.

Question: What is the rule on platonic nudity?

As an example, I have a scene in a gen fic with a seventeen year old in Finnish sauna.
Permalink     Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:43 pm     Reply with quote
I guess you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player, too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

midnight_moonlight
Site Admin

speakingez wrote:

Question: What is the rule on platonic nudity?

As an example, I have a scene in a gen fic with a seventeen year old in Finnish sauna.

Nope, sorry. I can't allow that, at least not at the present time.

As I explained to someone else, we're living in a climate where everyone is a suspect, especially when it comes to things like this. The internet isn't the same place that it was when Rockfic was first created and, as such, we have to move with the times. It means that we need to tighten up on things like this.

I appreciate that this is a gen fic but, to some people, it could still be translated as a sexual act and that's what we need to avoid.
Permalink     Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:20 pm     Reply with quote

speakingez

Stories: 8
Reviews: 303
Ok, thanks.

Just to be clear, the example I gave was already posted so I believe it's grandfathered. I also just edited it to be more ambiguous (there was never any contact).
Permalink     Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:16 pm     Reply with quote
I guess you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player, too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

midnight_moonlight
Site Admin

They are grandfathered for the moment. We'll see how well this goes. There may come a point where anything that isn't in line with the current rules (but was fine by the old ones) is removed from the database.
Permalink     Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:33 pm     Reply with quote

NWesternRockAddict

Stories: 103
Reviews: 184
I have a question about one of my fics.

There's nothing sexual in it, nor do I plan to have anything sexual in it (and even if I did, I would only have it happen between characters who are known to be older -more into their twenties -and they would not be near the younger characters when it would happen -but I don't plan on even having anything like it in that story) But there are characters implied to be under 18 living in a setting with characters over 18. It's my O'Shag college AU I've had on hiatus but am planning to restart in a month, so there are multiple bands in dorms, and obviously, Def Leppard and Metallica are a lot younger than AC/DC and Rush for example.
Also, in the dorm setting I have, the bandmates of bands are roommates (one member of Metallica would room with another member of Metallica), so there generally wouldn't be an age gap for roommates. The only exception is Rick Allen rooming with Joe Elliott, but I'm not showing any interaction between the two that I would consider to be questionable in any way. (Nothing sexual at all, they're in their own separate beds in the room -they just happen to be in the same room).

My question is, is it okay with characters of different age ranges (some being under 18 ) together in this setting (all in a building together) as long as there is nothing sexual about it? And is it okay for an example being Bon Scott (older person in the series, and a peer mentor figure) to call Angus Young "kid" -which I have had in earlier chapters -in a brotherly-affection type way? (which is reflective of the interaction in the band they had -kind of similar to how in Star Wars, Han Solo called Luke "kid" but there was nothing iffy implied about it). He's a mentor figure in the fic, so he'd say things like "don't worry about that, kid, it'll be alright" to the younger ones if they got frustrated... I'm trying to clarify with the examples so there's no confusion -I at least don't see anything questionable about it. Is it okay?

This is a long running fic with some connected chapters and some one shots that I am writing from inspiration in life, so it's not something I would finish before June, so I want to know if I'll have to move it to another site.
Permalink     Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:30 pm     Reply with quote
"Rock and Roll... It's great!" ~John Lodge, The Moody Blues

"Calls, interruptions, knocks at the door. ...It's very important to the creative process, because if it wasn't there, it'd be too easy!" ~Jeff Pilson, Dokken and Foreigner

"You have to make mistakes to know where they are." ~ Warren DeMartini, Ratt

"The last tour I only quit the band twice, so that's getting better." ~ Neal Doughty, REO Speedwagon

Luftballons
Playing in a Garage Band

Stories: 38
Reviews: 168
Sorry if this is a daft question, but close platonic relationships where one character is (in one scene) under 18 and another is over 18 are OK, right? I currently have one in the works following two characters at three different points in their lives/careers, and the first is when they first meet, in which one is thirteen years old and the other is 21 (they meet via the younger character's older brother). At the other points they're both over 18. Again, their relationship is totally platonic and along the lines of an older brother looking out for his baby brother. Like I said, sorry if that's daft, but I want to be 100% sure!
Permalink     Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:48 pm     Reply with quote

Augustine
Site Admin

Stories: 18
Reviews: 1277
Luftballons, that's fine as long as there is nothing physical--no kissing, touching, sexual contact, etc--between the younger and older character and that their relationship remains strictly platonic. Simple friendships are fine. Romance and sexy times are not. Does that help answer your question?
Permalink     Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:31 am     Reply with quote
Boy, get into my car, I got a bad desire
You know that we'll never leave if we don't get out now, now, now
You're a careless con and you're a crazy liar
But Baby,
Nobody can compare to the way you get down, down, down.
--LDR

Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun,
And Baby, when it's love, if it's not rough, it isn't fun.
--Lady Gaga

Luftballons
Playing in a Garage Band

Stories: 38
Reviews: 168
Indeed it does! Thank you!
Permalink     Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:51 am     Reply with quote

KrikkyKrikky
Singing in the Shower

Stories: 18
Reviews: 4
Well, I suppose I'm in the clear because most of the time I don't like writing smuts and either way, most of mine (Metallica fics, mainly) are set in the 90s where everyone is either in their late 20s or early 30s. And with other fics of mine such as Recording Antics with the flashback scenes, at least it was in 1982 where everyone was either 18 or over the age of 18.

But just to be in the clear, I'm still okay with these examples, right?
Permalink     Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:36 pm     Reply with quote

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  
© Rockfic.com, since 2004. Rockfic.com is in no way associated with any band listed on this website. Rockfic.com is entertainment. All stories contained on this site are fictional, which means that while the characters may be loosely based on the public personas of real people, the stories themselves are completely ungrounded from reality and are in no way meant to reflect the private lives, actual practices, or activities of any persons named. Rockfic.com will remove a work of fiction if an individual named within requests its removal. If you have any questions or problems, contact admin@rockfic.com.
Band fiction that rocks, since 2004