• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - Review Thread

Oct 26, 2017
Seems very solid, but again, like with Pokemon, there are so few reviews. Are some publishers just not giving out many review codes these says or something?

Also, is there not a meta link yet?
I can imagine some reviewers at less major sites are just like... literally sleeping tonight.

And others will want to stagger the release of their reviews to be after IGN etc.

Sabot

Oct 31, 2017
"Star Wards Jedi: Fallen Order has been incredibly fun for the 10 hours I've played it." "Death Stranding was an absolute slog that I quit playing after 10 hours, watched videos of the cut scenes on youtube, and wish I could get those ten hours back because that story is SHITE". thank you, that was my TED talk.
The way you're talking about everyone else's review, I thought you were a reviewer too lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Metacritic is at a 91 now, but with only 8 reviews

Edit: The PC version. Looks like it's 83 on PS4, 86 on Xbox One

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Seems very solid, but again, like with Pokemon, there are so few reviews. Are some publishers just not giving out many review codes these says or something?

Also, is there not a meta link yet?
The embargo just lifted so they are trickling in. It just jumped from 16 reviews to 25, and the score changed accordingly.

Kaz Mk II

Oct 27, 2017
I bet it could have been in the 90's had they allowed you to cut up human enemies too.

Seems pretty worth playing though.

PowerUp

Mar 30, 2018
Here's our review - 6/10

"There are pockets of joy and engagement in Fallen Order, but ultimately it feels like a game developed a long time ago, before Star Wars moved on to brighter galaxies far, far away from this."

Wanderer5

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Daaaamn, I kind of hate that Pokemon is coming out tomorrow, or else I will dive into this for sure (although I might soon be getting a free month of EA Access, so).

Glad this has turned out well, and it has been long overdue for SP Star Wars game. Congrats to Respawn!

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Sounding great so far. Ended up impulse buying it for some reason, had no intentions to, but not much on my plate and had a PSN discount and enough in my wallet, not really watched anything besides the reveal gameplay and some gifs. Really excited to dig into it later today.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
Welp, between this or Pokemon for this weekend; and I'm still getting into Chapter 3 on Death Stranding, lol.

I do not know what to do.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
When I reached the end of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, I didn't feel like I'd had a rewarding experience. I was relieved it was over. With some side-meandering, it took around 30 hours, and I didn't enjoy a lot of them. I'll admit crunching a Souls-like in less than four days is an unnatural and gruelling experience: I imagine if I'd played Fallen Order over several months, I would have been less frustrated, but probably still bored. It's such a shame, as Fallen Order has an incredible gameplay experience at its core, with fantastic environments and well-directed action sequences. Yet it's unable to sustain this thanks to some fundamental design problems.

As for the story? Well, it never gets off the ground.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-14-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-review-solid-combat-mired-in-shallow-storytelling-and-technical-problems

nib95

Oct 28, 2017
Do many reviews mention how long this game is? Still playing Death Stranding and The Outer Worlds, plus got Pokemon and Shenmue 3 coming up, so not sure I'll buy right away unless there's a substantial campaign on offer.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
People had a really hard time believing this was gonna be good, but it’s been evident since the preview event several weeks ago. People weren’t paying attention.

I get it though, Star Wars games and EA not the greatest track record. But Respawn sure has a great one.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Gah! Why'd they have to release this a week after Death Stranding, lol. Oh well, looks like I'll have a game to look forward to playing this Christmas! Ahhhh...I still have to pick up RE2 too. Maybe there will be a buy one get one free deal this holiday somewhere?