• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

MARVEL Super War (Net Ease, Marvel Games, MOBA) [Update: Second beta announced]

Zero-ELEC

Oct 25, 2017
México
Announced never, MARVEL Super War is a mobile platform MOBA by Netease, with which Marvel had previously announced a collaboration with, that just soft launched in beta.

This is a 5v5 MOBA, that proudly claims to be "Marvel's 1st Mobile MOBA".

This is also the first game in a while to launch with representation from all aspects of the alleged 'Fox ban', having characters from both the X-Men and Fantastic Four IPs, as seen in this video

The current, in-app roster of characters:
  • Clint Barton / Hawkeye
  • Natasha Romanov / Black Widow
  • Bruce Banner / Hulk
  • Thor
  • Pietro Maximoff / Quicksilver
  • Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
  • Tyrone Johnson & Tandy Bowen / Cloak & Dagger
  • Ororo Munroe / Storm
  • Groot
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel
  • Vision
  • T'Chala / Black Panther
  • Corvus Glaive
  • Ebony Maw
  • Black Dwarf
  • Loki
  • Skurge / Executioner
  • Bobby Drake/ Iceman
  • Warren Worthington III / Angel
  • Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
  • Wade Wilson / Deadpool
  • Peter Quill / Star-Lord
  • Mantis
  • Reed Richards / Mister Fantastic
and confirmed by the website and images:
  • Tony Stark / Iron Man
  • Thanos
  • Scott Lang (?) /Ant-Man
  • Sif
  • James Rhodes / War Machine
Interestingly enough... there's no Spider-Man anywhere.

Media:
The game is available in various Asian countries for Android devices on the Google Play store and for iOS devices it is available on TestFlight.

Official PR available on the game's website.

Reskin Onmyoji Arena and sell it as a Marvel game if old.

Oct 26, 2017
It's amazing to me how cool the console Marvel games post-MvCI seem to be and yet most of their mobile offerings are what someone incredibly cynical about mobile gaming would make.

Grimmjow

Oct 25, 2017
No Wolverine or Cyclops :(

Is there anyway to get into the beta?
EDIT: Nvm. Just saw that it's only in Asian countries atm

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I would try this if it were on PC. This game is so ripe for exploitation and money making.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I would prefer if this was a PC game but this may be the first mobile MOBA I try since I love the idea of playing with these characters.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on board with the idea of a Marvel MOBA, but I would enjoy better a PC experience. Time to install it on Bluestack I guess.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile mobas are surprisingly fun and control well, cant wait to try that one. No spiderman content is really weird though. Are they trying to choke sony pictures? Same thing with Hulk/universal studios?

Neoxon

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Mobile mobas are surprisingly fun and control well, cant wait to try that one. No spiderman content is really weird though. Are they trying to choke sony pictures? Same thing with Hulk/universal studios?
Hopefully this isn’t the beginning of a Spider-Man & Hulk ban, which would be weird since they’re both in MUA3. Perhaps it’s just a weird one-time thing.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Storm in a competitive game better mean I can do:

AAAAAAAAAAa
LIGHTNING ATTACK
LIGHTNING STORM
TYPHOON

or I'm not interested

--

For real tho, Magnus and Storm mean that we'll get more mutants, so I'm in.

Jadax

Oct 26, 2017
Moba on a mobile? lol.

Either the strategic component of this game will be super watered down, or it'll be fine and super tough to play. Either way, a wasted opportunity by not bringing it to PC (even if I highly doubt it'll ever dent the Dota 2/LoL domination).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this isn’t the beginning of a Spider-Man & Hulk ban, which would be weird since they’re both in MUA3. Perhaps it’s just a weird one-time thing.
I wouldn't worry about that. Wolverine isn't in the cast for this either, which is pretty noticeable. I imagine they're holding back some characters on purpose for content updates.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, holding Spidey back if even just for the movie release (if they're out of beta soon) makes sense.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
This is right up my alley. Getting ASAP.

But I agree with others, would love a PC release! Mobile mobas always have that weird feel to them where I cant ever quite get into it as deep as Id like. Not sure if its the quicker matches/controls or what... but something always feels off about them.

However, I do really enjoy AOV on Switch!

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Here's some gameplay I found:

This sure looks like some Moba ass moba though. The movement seems so slow.

OG YOLOwen

Mar 24, 2019
Moba on a mobile? lol.

Either the strategic component of this game will be super watered down, or it'll be fine and super tough to play. Either way, a wasted opportunity by not bringing it to PC (even if I highly doubt it'll ever dent the Dota 2/LoL domination).
Mobile mobas are HUGE in Asian countries.

I’m interested in seeing this game. I sincerely believe there is a way to make a quality mobile MOBA, but I worry about market oversaturation. There’s supposed to be a League of Legends mobile port at some point in the future.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
People really underestimate mobile gaming.
Mobas on mobile is huge in Asia.
Most of my friends who played Dota and Lol switched to Mobile Legends.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
I just watched a gameplay video on Youtube and this game looks fucking fantastic lol

All the characters i saw so far had very accurate portrayal of their features and movesets from comics/movies. For example:
-Carol goes Binary with her Ultimate.
-Groot becomes Baby Groot if he dies.
-Cloak and Dagger are one character.

Animations look great, visuals are fine. For a mobile game this is great. Can't wait to play it.

Last edited:

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
This looks pretty fun. I don't see a way to play it right now on Android, or am I missing something?

Either way, I'll check it out when it's available.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting I’ll probably stick to grinding future fight. But once Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 drops I’ll give up on mobile marvel games.

xaM

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
I'm so happy that Storm is back at the forefront of Marvel Comics. Marvel has the rights to the most iconic black woman in comics so they ought to use her often.

xaM

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
This was one of the biggest crimes of the Fox ban that I’m glad that they’re rectifying.
She's not even my favorite character that was affected but she's arguably the most important. I can't wait for her to stake her claim in the MCU.
Spider-Man not being announced up front in crossovers is actually a somewhat common thing, weirdly enough.
I remember that we waited an odd amount of time for Spidey to be announced in MvC3.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
iOS beta seems to be full? Or at least that's what Test Flight is saying.

Raysoul

Oct 26, 2017
I'm playing it right now, using Hawkeye because Marksman is noob friendly technically.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Wow those are actually some cool designs. Scarlet Witch, Black Panther and Mister Fantastic stand out particularly in that video for me.

Raysoul

Oct 26, 2017
Done with the first game:

- No tutorials, seems like it pits you against real people (Edit: There is a tutorial, the game just suggest you to do a quick 5v5 game)
- Doesn't do well on midrange phones even on the lowest setting. Mobile Legends has a more stable framerate.
- Menu music sounds like MCU music.
- Matchmaking is fast
- Hawkeye is ok, SS is ASS

On to second game

N30RYU

Oct 30, 2017
Just played a few games... and the game is quite bad...

The character models look good, but this game is one of the worst MOBA I've played.

Also the screen menus are quite unresponsive with too many little buttons.