• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

SFV Champion Edition announced. Includes...*check notes* Everything!? (still waiting on more info) New Character Gill, New V Skills More.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Will Champion Edition include all the extra music?
I *think* I unlocked every song through the timed Extra Battles + the SF2 music DLC, but I'm not sure if I missed any.

Oct 25, 2017
Will Champion Edition include all the extra music?
I *think* I unlocked every song through the timed Extra Battles + the SF2 music DLC, but I'm not sure if I missed any.
Yes, all of it. The only missing content is CPT DLC, Red Bull costumes and colors, and Fighting Chance colors and costumes, plus whatever is released after CE launches next Valentine's Day.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Man, that Balrog Mike-Like costume still won’t be available...that costume has been really hard for me to get. When it initially came out, I played fighting chance (pick of 10) five times and didn’t get it. Figured I’d wait for dlc...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that Balrog Mike-Like costume still won’t be available...that costume has been really hard for me to get. When it initially came out, I played fighting chance (pick of 10) five times and didn’t get it. Figured I’d wait for dlc...
Yup. This is my one complaint with this otherwise great deal. The Fighting Chance stuff is still not available outside of that mode. Which is just bizarre when you consider you can't actually purchase FM, so its not like Capcom profits from that mode like normal loot box/lucky draw stuff. I'd actually love to give them money for classic Dhalsim, Mike etc. but they won't let me :(

ghostcrew

Spooking
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah, the upgrade works on any version. We know this because the physical copy is the upgrade code with a vanilla disc (just patched).
Of course. Any version of SFV can be upgraded with this. The idea is Capcom only wanted one "version" of SFV and to then supplement it with tons of DLC. So you only need to buy the main game once.
Lovely, thanks. The accouncement seems to suggest that only the upgrade is going to be available now (not the full package) so, if that's true, I'll probably just grab base SFV now for £6.25 (it's on sale) and upgrade it.

Oct 26, 2017
Meh. Will wait for the complete game being included in Street Fighter: Climate Apocalypse Edition along with SF1-8 so I can play it in my survival bunker in 2047.

Oct 25, 2017
If i played everyday, maybe, but don't know if i will. Still have time to think about it though
Jsyk, if patience is not your virtue, buying the digital CE preorder tomorrow gives you SFV and all* of its DLC released so far as well as everything coming out before the game launches, so if you decide to make up your mind early, there it is.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
30€ for everyone, only 25€ for people who already bought the game, and probably spent a lot of money between characters and dlcs...yeah, at least make it 15€ for owners of the game, Capcom.

TheDudePT

Oct 3, 2019
Portugal
Someone out there bought Season 3 pass just last week and is pissed.

I think the upgrade should be way cheaper. Especially for people who spent money on season passes.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
They lost me after that disastrous launch. Just bring SF VI already and please make it old school 2D, thanks.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So i can upgrade even with my lame day one edition with nothing included in it?

But considering the price, getting the retail version might be even cheaper with some website in europe, lol

asustitan

Jul 7, 2019
I am never buying a base street fighter game ever again
That's ridiculous thinking, the game was originally released in 2016. If in 2016 they said to you, sorry guys the core game is playable now but we are not releasing the game until all the content is done in 2020, you lot would be furious.

Games are not final ever in these times, jump in at the time and play for today.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That's ridiculous thinking, the game was originally released in 2016. If in 2016 they said to you, sorry guys the core game is playable now but we are not releasing the game until all the content is done in 2020, you lot would be furious.

Games are not final ever in these times, jump in at the time and play for today.
You are right

I am never buying a street fighter game ever again =P

LeleSocho

Dec 3, 2017
Is it just sf5 with a digital code for everything or it’s a new version of sf5 that has everything in it?
Anyway even if it’s the latter i doubt i’ll buy it, this was way too late into the gen and way after the fighting game fever people had years ago for me to care anymore.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Lol some of the replies in this thread. It really just doesn't matter what SFV does. You will always find the same postersmake up an issue.

Someone out there bought Season 3 pass just last week and is pissed.

I think the upgrade should be way cheaper. Especially for people who spent money on season passes.
This isn't an upgrade tho , its a bundled DLC. The base users still get the CE update and all the new features for free. Although it does suck for S3 pass owners. Capcom might add Costume and S4 bundles later that might work out cheaper than buying CE Upgrade Bundle.

I wonder if i can covert my physical edition to digital by upgrading. I'd play more if i hadn't have to switch discs :/
Maybe you can try trading in your physical copy then buy CE for $30 on PSN/Steam. You Might be down 1-2$ since I doubt SFV base disc will go for much.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I went a little nuts in the summer sale for costume dlc, but whatever. Still a bunch of Dalkstalker/DMC/summer/school costumes I don’t have. I still know uSFIV friends that have abstained from getting into SFV, and if this gets them into it I’m happy.

LeleSocho

Dec 3, 2017
Oh so this is just another bundled dlc code? Fuck off then, i’m not touching that shit with a 10 meters stick...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Besides the content not being on the disc, what is there to complain about the package?
Fighting Chance costumes not being included is a bug bear of mine but pretty low down on the list really. Its a decent price for what will be the last two characters of the season, and lots of DLC costumes I didn't previously get. I still routinely play the game (but really, I should play it more) so I'm happy with the constant support the game gets.

dan2026

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly feel like SFV should be put to bed and Capcom should have a clean slate for their next fighting game.

Which is hopefully Capcom vs Capcom.
With good netcode and cross play day one.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I honestly feel like SFV should be put to bed and Capcom should have a clean slate for their next fighting game.

Which is hopefully Capcom vs Capcom.
With good netcode and cross play day one.
This is seemingly what they are doing. An End of Life package similarly to Ultra SFIV.
Now for their next game? I bet it’ll be SFVI over a Capcom focused fighter.