View Full Version : sunlites for vert

Daveho
June 17th, 2014, 08:01 PM
hey guys, im looking to build a set of vert/street skates, im considering the sunlites as A. ive never seen or heard of a set breaking B. they are cheap C. mounting a grinding block to these would be easy as. anyone here actually used them before?

Blizz
January 15th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Sorry I'm not answering your question but was just thinking about this myself! Anyone out there with an idea?

steadyeddie
March 10th, 2015, 12:57 AM
This may be coming to you too late, but I"m new here and just noticed this thread. I am not a vert skater, though I've only just discovered this new phenomenon, and I am definitely going to try it out once the snow up here melts. As far as Sunlites, I use them outdoors on trails and roller hockey. They are extremely durable. How they would hold up to grinding, I'm not sure, but if you wanted to try a plastic plate, this would be the one I recommend. Also, for a durable plastic plate that's even cheaper, you can't go wrong with Marathon IV plates. I have two other skates with these plates. One has taken me thousands of miles, the other I'm breaking in. I did crack one a few years ago, but I really beat the s#it out of them. For the cost, they're durable, light weight, and easily replaced. A bonus for me is all the trucks I've accumulated. I can transition from indoor, to sport court, to outdoor very easily. Can't wait to try the skatepark. :D