The IRS is committed to helping you get your Economic Impact Payment as soon as possible. The payments, also referred to by some as stimulus payments, are automatic for most taxpayers. No further action is needed by taxpayers who filed tax returns in 2018 and 2019 and most seniors and retirees.
Check Your Payment Status
Use the "Get My Payment" to:
- Check your payment has been sent
- Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or by mail
Filers: Get Your Payment Faster
If you filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return and:
- We don't have your direct deposit information and
- We haven't scheduled your payment yet then
Use "Get My Payment" to enter your bank account information to get your payment faster through direct deposit.
Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here
Use the "Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here" application if:
- You are not required to file federal income tax returns for 2018 and 2019 for any reason including:
- Your income is less than $12,200
- You’re married filing jointly and together your income is less than $24,400
- You have no income
Do not use this tool if you are required to file a 2018 or 2019 tax return; you should file as you normally would.
Get more information about Economic Impact Payments
Visit our Economic Impact Payments Information Center to answer your questions about eligibility, payment amounts, what to expect, when to expect it and more.
Also, visit the FDIC website for information on where to find a bank that can open an account online and how to choose the right account for you.