Super Smash Brothers Melee: Unlocking Sonic and Tails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...so in this month's issue of EGM (got it free somehow), on page 151 towards the end, there's this box called Smash Bros Academy. Anyhow, it's titled "Bet you didn't know you could..."<BR><BR>And one of the ones that piqued my interest was:<BR><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip_ubbcode_quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Play as Sonic or Tails:<BR>Sonic Team's two stars make cameos as warriors in SSBM. HEre's how you get 'em: Achieve a high score of 20 KOs with any one character in Cruel Melee. SOnic and Tails will then both challenge you (yes, at the same time). Beat 'em and they open as playable characters. Finish Classic mode with either for a special surprise.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>Now...I'm decent at the game, I'm not great or anything, but I've unlocked all of the characters, or so I thought. When I beat classic with Mr. Game and Watch, it says "Congratulations, you've beat classic mode with every character" or something akin to that.<BR><BR>So, my question is, has anyone done it, unlocking Sonic and Tails? I've done cruel melee and it's rather difficult...I got like 4 KO tops.<BR><BR>Some other cool stuff in there if anyone's interested:<BR><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip_ubbcode_quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR><BR>Go into Tournament Melee and start a Winner Out/Loser Out tournament. If you hold down L and R while selecting your character, you'll select Ditto, indicating your choice to play as a random character.<BR><BR>Arrange your trophy collection:<BR>Before you select "Collection" from teh Trophies menu, hold down L,R or Y and press A to enter your Collection and view them in one of five different arrangements(L and Y have two layout styles, determined randomly).<BR><BR>Select your victory pose:<BR>You can choose your character's victory pose by holding down B,X, or Y after a match.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kulock

Seniorius Lurkius
Dumb, dumb question, I know, but has anyone tried setting their GC internal clock ahead to April 1st, and then getting the 20 KOs at once in Cruel Melee, since this was intended for the April issue of the magazine?<BR><BR>The only reason I say this is because if there was any solidarity to the rumor (although the "in-game play" shot looks badly faked with the huge Sonic at the wrong angle), that might be a significant date, when Christmas NiGHTS was released setting the Saturn clock ahead to that (or simply waiting until then) resulted in Reala being unlocked for play.<BR><BR>I've tried it, and gotten 20 Cruel Melee KOs at total, but the most I can get at once is 8 or 9 (yes, Roy).<BR><BR>*shrugs* I know, it's not realistic, but just thought I'd make the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.