Home>Books and Writers Community>Literary Reading>Book 9 Title (GO TELL THE BEES THAT I AM GONE), and an excerpt

Books and Writers Community

Dear Forum friends and family,

We regret to inform you that the Forums will be removed from the CompuServe service effective December 15, 2017. For more than two decades, the CompuServe Forums paved the way for online discussions on a wide variety of topics and we appreciate all of the participation and comments you have provided over the years.

All of your email, news, weather, sports, and entertainment information will remain available to you after this change. We are constantly evaluating the content and services that are available through the service, and look forward to bringing you new content and services in the future.

Sincerely,
The CompuServe Team

Diana Gabaldon

Book 9 Title (GO TELL THE BEES THAT I AM GONE), and an excerpt

View Diana Gabaldon's profile

Dear Pam--

Oh, there's a Book Ten, yes.

--Diana
www.dianagabaldon.com
View Kristin's profile

That would actually be pretty fast. The last several books have had 4 or 5 years between them and Moby was published in 2014 and that was without all the extra time taken by the tv show. I'd been mentally prepping for waiting until 2019 for the next installment.  

-Kristin

My Outlander sites: outlanderhub.com, outlanderquotes.com, heughligans.com, caitriots.com
View Pam K's profile

Diana -

Good to hear!!  

Thank you <vbg>

Pam 

View Vicki Pack's profile

Dear Kristin,

That's what I was thinking.  18 months!  Whee!  Not quite 4 years between books sounds great to me.

Vicki

View Silvia's profile

Dear Diana,

Now THAT is a handsome title (and I don't think I am biased by my own bees).
Very lyrical. A little sad too.

Always hard to leave the homestead.  But I sense there is a return, otherwise why bother with the bees...

Silvia

Complete Outlander FanART
View Rita's profile

Vicki,

But will Diana's publisher allow it to be put out January...just after the Christmas buying rush.  I doubt it.  Even if Diana is done I bet it would then be held until a better time. Insert thecryingemoticon.

Rita 

Hey Rita,

Yeah, I did think of that.  But my point was, that even if they wait until April, or even June to release it like they did with MOHB, that's still only four years.  Almost an entire _year_ less than we had to wait for MOHB, give or take a few months. So don't cry.  That's still good. :)

Vicki 

Edited 7/5/16 7:08 PM by Vicki Pack
View Shari's profile

Hi Hiede,  I am nervous about that too, but I am gone or no longer there could also imply more time travel rather than death. 

spoiler

I had a hard time saying good bye to Rollo, cried like a baby for days over a fictional dog.  I don't even want to think about the death of any of the main characters, Jamie & Claire, or their immediate family.  I think other than William, Bree, Roger, Jem, and Mandy, it would break my heart to lose Young Ian and Rachel, Fergus and Marsali and their children.  Shari

Dear Vicki--

Well, that's if everythig goes well/according to plan.  Which is not a prospect I'd give you more than even money on, but it's always _possible_... <g>

--Diana
www.dianagabaldon.com

Dear Silvia--

Exactly.  If you didn't mean to come back, you wouldn't care if the bees left while you were gone.  <g>

You keep bees?!?  Your legend grows by the minute....

--Diana
www.dianagabaldon.com

Dear Rita--

Look, I'm just suggesting general estimates of what MIGHT happen--and most of y'all who've known me for a while are perfectly well aware that I'm never _right- in such estimates.<g>

Why start worrying about why BEES surely won't come out on a specific date?  I'll tell you when I'm done.  (And if experience is any guide, the publisher and/or Amazon will have optimistically started setting up fantasy release dates for _months_ before I _am_ done...)

But fwiw...while the week before Christmas is the biggest sales week in bookselling, the week _after_ Christmas is the second biggest--and has the advantage that all the major publishers have already thrown their big books into the fray in December.   Random House cleverly started releasing my books in that post-Christmas week with VOYAGER--which promptly hit the NYT list, as a result.  They kept that time-table (with very good results) for the next several books; I think ABOSAA may have been the first one they chose to risk at a different time of year.

I honestly have No Idea what they might choose to do with BEES, but it might well depend on what the status of the TV show was at that point, more than anything else.

--Diana
www.dianagabaldon.com
View Jools's profile

Dear Diana,

How are the other books coming along - any prospective releases before BEES? Really hoping to read more about Minnie and Hal sometime (please)! 

Jools 
View Jane Edison's profile

Diana Gabaldon said...

Oh, there's a Book Ten, yes.
I knew it!!

<claps hands>

<swoon>

Counting the days, weeks, months, years <g>

Time is......well.....subjective.

Websters:

subjective; derived from one's own consciousness

I am reminded of "Mothers Little Helper" by the Rolling Stones.

Things are different today, I hear ev'ry mother say

Uh, not really!!!

JaneE

Dear Jools--

Mmm...yes.  There'll be a collection of seven novellas out sometime between now and GOBEE's <g> release, but I don't yet know when.  Will be sure to announce it when I do, though!

--Diana
www.dianagabaldon.com
View Jools's profile

Yay! Looking forward to it :)
So will that be a collection available worldwide?  We've had some different ones in Australia, like A Trail of Fire.
It took a bit of looking to get the editions of the Lord John novels that I wanted. 

Edited 7/6/16 6:28 AM by Jools
Jools 
View Rita's profile

Diana,

As always, thanks for sharing.   I am actually not worried about when the books will come. They come when they come. However, I do try to be realistic and keep expectations in line....hence my musings about a delayed publishing date.  It IS interesting about the week after Christmas sales.  It makes sense now that you mention it.  Meanwhile it's nice to have a name.

Rita 

Dear Diana,

We'll get it when we get, and we'll be d*mn happy too.  :)

Vicki

View Beata's profile

Hallo Yvonne,

Well, the German titles have improved since Barbara translates the books *g*
But as Barbara posted on dgabaldon.de, it's the publisher who decides on the title. It _will_ be interesting to see what they'll come up with for book 9.

Beata
View Silvia's profile

Dear Diana,

Hence my antennas twitching at this lovely reference.  Never heard of this custom before. Something about those working girls, when you begin to keep them, you know with unequivocal certainty this place is your home.
Have one busy hive. A second hive is queenless at the moment because, alas!, they do take off on you. But I'm sure another swarm will come and adopt me. I'll be certain to keep them always in the loop...

As usual, I do wonder how you stumbled upon this gem? How this idea come about? 

Silvia

Complete Outlander FanART
View Karen Henry's profile

Diana:

Thank you for that Definitive Answer regarding Book 10. <g>

Karen

Welcome, Guest

Featured Messages