Banned for problems outside the forums.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by killstreak451, Dec 28, 2017 at 6:37 PM.

?

Should members be banned for bad behavior outside of the forums

1. yes

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. no

25 vote(s)
    56.8%
  3. not shure

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

It needs to get deleted. This thread doesn't contribute anything beyond a bunch of people whining.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

that just leads to more double standards cuz then 99.9% of the people on irc would be banned and that has an actual direct link right on the main site

"bad behavior" is a flawed concept

3. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, this thread needs to stick around so long as people are being respectful and aren't behaving like inmates at a mental asylum. I say that because this is an important issue that has reared its ugly head several times now, and needs to be dealt with. That's not justification for people to misbehave in this thread and just try to derail it, but there does need to be some serious and respectful conversation going on here to get through to the truth of the matter. For example: FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL's post on the first page. That's exactly the kind of mature and reasonable post that this thread and its subject matter needs.

Although, sadly, I suppose that's a bit too much to ask of everyone here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

^
    --- Post updated ---
    No we're not
    We're trying to keep this mature

5. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

To be perfectly honest, I don't really see where this thread is relevant now. The first one got its job done, it proved that the forum is split down the middle on the decision to ban Direct and Inertia, at least that's what I think from what I've seen.

Going back to what @opkraut said, I too think a moderator should shed some light on their side of the argument. Some context on their point of view would greatly help users understand the mindset that ultimately lead to the decision far more than they do now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Snake88

Snake88
    Expand Collapse

Well just think, if you don't behave on something BeamNG related off the site, than why would the devs trust you on the actual beamng site? It's logic. I know for sure that if russians posted russian mods on the BeamNG Discord, than none of you would trust them here. If you had anything that was proving me wrong, i'd like to see it.
    --- Post updated ---
    I said etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

Ok
    I said that because the first one got deleted and I missed out what happened during the night.

8. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

It isn't accomplishing anything. You can kick and scream all you want, they're banned. The reason has been made clear numerous times and there is absolutely no reason that this thread needs to exist.
    The only thing this thread accomplishes is it serves as a crybaby station because some modders made a fool of themselves and now they suffer repercussions. The BeamNG Staff don't want their behavior here. It isn't necessarily what they did (although it certainly is more than enough reason) but rather it is because that kind of behavior can easily spread to the forums.

Negative behavior spreads like a disease, and with how monkey-see-monkey-do the forums are, it would only have been a matter of time before other people started acting like their "idols."
    Come morning, this thread will be deleted just like it should be. Although I would like for a moderator to make a statement, even if only to make the little ones quit their very vocal whining.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

Honestly the reason why I bring them up is to ask the question should members be banned for bad behavior outside of the forums, as they were banned be because of a problem on discord. And what happened to them brings the possibility that members could be banned for problems outside the forums or anything related to beamng. I can see why they didn't want it to spread, because kaiser also had a incident with two members that started outside the forums and led to 2 members posting photos of him on the forums. One member was given a temp ban and another was given a warning. but still the mods don't have a clean record. I think there should be evidence that it will spread before bans are given. And there's no point in whining as they will come back in April. Shure it maybe a long time but it's better than a permanent ban. also nad let gensta come back and gave him a second chance. And soon enough he started reuploading mods and was given a permanent ban. no one asked for him back and he came, and since that happened people now want him back soon since nad gave gensta second chance. Inertia and direct ua are unlikely to break a forum rule if there sent free. But that all aside the questions stands should members be banned for bad behavior outside the forums?

10. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

ok ok, it's enough now. there is really nothing to discuss anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

True
    This thread is really about a yes or no
    Unless you want to explain your opinion
    --- Post updated ---
    Since the forum will likely be deleted
    @Joseph24™ and @Car8john or someone screenshot this for the beamng history group. So far 52 votes

12. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Hell no. Don’t save this. Someone already did the first one, this doesn’t need to be too. Unless you want to show future forum users how whiny you are and how you can’t accept reality.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

woah calm down

I just want this one saved just because I want it too.
    Also the first one was saved why didn't anyone tell me

Also I accept reality . This thread ain't about me or being upset over the bans. I just wanted to see what people think about bans from bad behavior outside of the forums, how many times do I have to restate this, that's all this thread is about. It's not about the problems with the mods , wanting inertia and direct ua back , or about being little bit*h it's about what people think about bans for bad behavior outside of the forums ok.

#53 killstreak451, Dec 29, 2017 at 5:20 AM
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017 at 5:26 AM
  14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Was it necessary to say that twice?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

Oh it was a typo I'm typing all this on my phone so stuff like that happens

16. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Well then save it yourself. It’s not that hard.

• Agree Agree x 1