1. cluk

cluk

I mean, what? How would you know anything about the contents?

Anyway, I’m pretty damn excited this year for an MS E3, pretty much just because of Halo and Cyberpunk. Oh, and also Anthem.

2. zoltan

zoltan

they'll need all that time to demo Google Assistant and Alexa
    /s

3. xxracerxx

xxracerxx

Sony will definitely close on either The Last of Us 2 or Ghosts of Tsushima.

4. Prine

Prine

Can you outline the padding for this years show?

5. DvdGzz

DvdGzz

Xboy and hololens. Lol, j/k but I wouldn't be mad.

6. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake

He's gonna need a lot of t-shirts to change into.

7. GearDraxon

GearDraxon

[​IMG]

8. SuperBoss

SuperBoss

yesss, seems like they got a lot to show! can't wait!

9. Humam

Humam

Please just no car on stage or shoutcasting bullshit like last year, other than that it's gonna be a good show.

10. Pancracio17

Pancracio17

Well yeah. To be expected from them.
    Halo 6 reveal better be good.

11. Strat

Strat

Phil has a lot of shirts he needs to wear this year.

12. Demogorgon

Demogorgon

• User warned: Driveby post
    I can’t wait for the 30 minutes of screen time for games no one gives a shit about

13. CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII

I love E3. Bring on lengthier conferences. Don't be afraid to say a few words about certain games or software.

14. Speak for yourself

15. Kasey

Kasey

LOL fanbois jealous there won't be Usher retelling the Gears of War saga via a 20 minute long interpretive dance number at the Sony conference. Stay salty.

16. Daria

Daria

Hopefully this is to show us more demos and talk details, not give us trailers for 2019 releases. I don’t mind them talking the nuts and bolts, makes the result more appreciated.

17. Troll

Troll

• User warned: Low effort post
    100 minutes of games that will never be released developed by studios they’re gonna close

18. EasyCompany

EasyCompany

Fixed that for you :)

19. headspawn

headspawn

They better show some 2019 releases... they're just about done releasing/clearing out their entirety of announced exclusives.

20. rtv190

rtv190

You act like a lot of Sony's conferences don't have a lot of 3rd party games in them.

21. esseesse

esseesse

Some are obviously joke posts but these.. these are drive-by posts. Then again it is a MS thread so it is to be expected.
    By the way, there WILL most likely be a car in the stage.
    The new McLaren LT from their sports series which was just teased a few days ago. Mark my words.

22. Firefoxprime

Firefoxprime

I really really really hope Microsoft pulls it off....

And I say this as a Sony guy through and through. MS is looking pathetic right now. We need that competition and some 1st party exclusives. No weak 3rd party timed exclusives. People want to be proud again of the brand man.

Just look at those Nintendo kids! Child like glee on their faces hehe. Switch selling gangbusters with good content. Yeah the port begging gets a bit rough, but I'm really happy for them. I wanted to pick up an Xbox 1X one day, but I only have about 4 games (Quantum Break, Ryse, ReCore: Def Ed, and Rare Collection) on my radar. Not enough man. Its looking like a repeat of the 360. *fingers crossed*

23. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

Pretty much the same thing like last year. All the 2 hours meant was a block they saved. You could probably only save in half hour increments.

24. A little too long for my taste.

25. kennyamr

kennyamr

So those schedules are wrong.
    Well there is it.
    (About FromSoftware, probably a mistake too)

26. headspawn

headspawn

Yep, actually 3 minutes shorter than last year if it's accurate, but with all these hot takes in this thread, you'd think something unexpected is going on here.

27. KORNdog

KORNdog

So now we've heard crackdown is likely delayed to 2019, what are the most likely candidates to be announced and released for the rest of this year besides another Forza horizon?

28. Daria

Daria

Fair enough. I wouldn’t mind a 70/30 mix because I’m impatient and wouldn’t mind a handful of games shown to be out by the holidays. But if anything, at least show us (even alpha) gameplay instead of cinematic trailers for them all

29. Incubuster

Incubuster

Xbox conferences are so archaic. They seem to be the last company to revise their showcase format, if they ever do.

30. headspawn

headspawn

Hopefully that's the case, I know Crackdown 3 is delayed, but they still better show some gameplay too. If not at their presser, than hopefully on Inside Xbox the following day.

31. Mass Effect

Mass Effect

this is the standard amount of time right?

32. Vestal

Vestal

I expect no less than 2 Megatons and 1 Thermo Nuclear Megaton.

33. esseesse

esseesse

What? What is going on in this thread?

34. Rychu

Rychu
    Member OP

Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

35. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

They did the same thing last year and showed games. Good lord some of these posts in here.

36. anymsxyz

anymsxyz

I really want to see if Rare has anything new or if other developers are working on Rare IPs. I have wanted a sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day for years but I think Battletoads or Banjo-Kazooie is more plausible at this point.

37. KORNdog

KORNdog

That was already announced. I mean new games to replace the loss of crackdown in their release schedule.

38. rtv190

rtv190

Dumbasses still living in 2013-14, just report and move on.

39. Incubuster

Incubuster

Nothing is going on. That's just how I've felt about their conferences the past several years. They're long and drawn out.

40. El_Chino

El_Chino

Add another to the list, people really have no shame.

Anyways I'm really looking forward to what Xbox has up its sleeves

41. Rychu

Rychu
    Member OP

Not sure you will see anything to replace it for 2018. They are expected to be announcing 2019 and even some 2020 games at E3.

This E3 will have much larger first party studios as well a series larger first party games focus, sources saying Microsoft doubled their amount of first party studios in the past few months (more than 4 new studios to announce at E3) This will more be showing you the future of Xbox rather than just 2018 games.

They said they wouldn’t do this anymore but they are doing it this year to show people that they are committed to first party. They are expected to address the first party situation in detail and talk about how they are fixing it.

In terms of first party/Microsoft Studios, insiders are saying it’s the best E3 show Microsoft has had in years and a lot of games will be announced. Just don’t expect them in 2018.

42. Tagyhag

Tagyhag

Sounds good to me, their last conferences have all been games games games like Sony's.

See, here's the thing, what you consider good and what others consider good are completely different things.

I couldn't care less for Forza, but I wouldn't consider the amount of time they put into it padding.

43. Jiraiya

Jiraiya

Some people think it's weird to want to see less games at a conference devoted to games.

44. Incubuster

Incubuster

Sure, making a more condensed show could result in less games being shown, but that is not what I was suggesting.

45. KORNdog

KORNdog

Wasn't there rumours of 3 gears games being made. I would have assumed at least one of them was 2018.

46. esseesse

esseesse

Then what exactly are you suggesting?

47. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

MS is taking this serious.

48. Xaero Gravity

Xaero Gravity

One of these days, ResetEra will be able to have an XB1 thread without stupid and pathetic console wars potshots.

49. Rychu

Rychu
    Member OP

There is no meat or credibility to that three Gears games rumor. We only know of two Gears games being in development.

An XCOM-like spinoff from Splash Damage and Gears of War 5 from The Coalition.

Spin-off expected to be released in Spring 2019 and Gears 5 expected to be released in Spring 2020 or Fall 2020.

What we do know from insiders is that Microsoft wants to release at least one first party game in every quarter of the year to make people subscribe to Game Pass year-round. Forza Horizon 4 in the Fall and Ori and the Will of the Wisps in Winter would fit that.

50. DvdGzz

DvdGzz

Why is this a thing, why did you even post?