1. Forkball

Forkball

You, an idiot: Decidueye for Smash
    Sakurai, a madman:
    [​IMG]

2. Clov

Clov

Deep down I always knew this is what we'd get.

3. But is it a Dustox or Beautifly Wurmple?
    The fans deserve answers!

4. Brock Reiher

Brock Reiher

Wurmple is legit great I wouldn't be mad

5. NotLiquid

NotLiquid

those images made it sink in for me that I'm going to be able to play HD Smash on a portable

6. mopinks

mopinks

ugh, more transformation characters

7. Clefargle

Clefargle

I’m all for a more representative roster in this game. I would love it if the newcomers were entirely female. Most of my picks are female:

Elma
    Impa
    Urbosa
    Rex&Pyra
    Tharja
    Dixie Kong

8. GustyGardner

GustyGardner

Pick one.

The solution is for the Xenoblade 2 newcomer to be Morag + Brighid

9. Clefargle

Clefargle

Yo my next sentence:

10. Forkball

Forkball

They did finally add in female Pikachu. Now is the time for Mrs. Game and Watch.

11. superNESjoe

superNESjoe
    Developer at Limited Run Games Verafied

I'd take Wurmple.

12. Clefargle

Clefargle

Let’s go, I’m up for a fully genderswapped roster as alts too. Ms. Pacman shoulda been in the last game

13. mopinks

mopinks

when they cloned Ridley they filled in the gaps with frog DNA and now he can spontaneously switch sexes

14. WestEgg

WestEgg

That feel when your favorite Pokemon will never be playable in Smash...
    [​IMG]

15. TheDinoman

TheDinoman

Mr. DNA really ought to be an assist trophy tbh

16. BGBW

BGBW

Of good, we're finally getting the off screen screenshots. Those are so much better than text leaks.

17. WestEgg

WestEgg

Look at this fake ass roster leak. Off screen, blury, and they didn't even bother to do character models, it's just stock art or badly shopped other characters.

[​IMG]

18. Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker
    Love each other or die trying. Moderator

Sakurai would never allow the character selection screen to be such an incomprehensible, jumbled mess!

19. GustyGardner

GustyGardner

I guess I just can't read.

I just wanted an excuse to stan for Morag/Brighid.

20. Clov

Clov

This is ridiculous. They'd never bring Dr. Mario back. And where's Wolf?

21. TeamLeftMatch

TeamLeftMatch

I mean Shulk looks just like Little Mac, clearly they photoshopped his face to look like that.

22. Cybersai

Cybersai

One good reason for Captain Toad is you know Toadette would be his alt just like in the game. It would bring yet another female fighter.

Then again maybe they can have Captain Toad/Toadette as a duo like Ice Climbers. I dunno, seeing another two-tag partner team would be nice after all these years.

23. BGBW

BGBW

I never ever got that Little Mac/Shulk argument. So the face is a trace……… what about the rest of the outfit? Cos Shulk's outfit isn't exactly easy to draw and tracing Little Mac ain't helping there.

24. TeamLeftMatch

TeamLeftMatch

BUT THE FACE!

[​IMG]

For those trying to disprove I think showing the face is the same to them means everything else it fake just like that (and I was on #teamfake back then, I ate crow until the Bowser Jr looked so good)

25. Cybersai

Cybersai

I thought Shulk was fake too. Xenoblade was an obscure franchise at the time, and I didn't get why another anime JRPG character was being added over Ridley, Dixie, K. Rool, etc.

26. At least Wurmple isn’t another Kanto mon

27. brinstar

brinstar

LOL

28. MrSaturn99

MrSaturn99

...I'd take it.

29. NotLiquid

NotLiquid

30. Crazy Izanagi

Crazy Izanagi

Clearly next is Zero Suit Ridley.

(Google that at your own peril.)
    You wondered why a new character from a well received game with unique move set potential, and was Farley recent was getting in over characters from franchises that were already there or hadn’t had an appearance in years?

31. Forkball

Forkball

EVEN MORE LEAKS
    [​IMG]

32. Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Seeing Twilight Princess Zelda in those screenshots made me realize that I'm going to miss her. I don't dislike ALttP Zelda at all, but TP Zelda was a different archetype I liked.

EVERYONE was supposed to be here! Preorder canceled.

33. Toxi

Toxi

LOL Dark Pit

34. Clefargle

Clefargle

Can you imagine?

35. L Thammy

L Thammy

I thought Shulk was a shoo-in, but then again, I'm weird.

36. Clov

Clov

If only the Gamecube was that stylish in real life!

37. WestEgg

WestEgg

Shulk was a great pick. Xenoblade is like a reverse Fire Emblem, in that it was relatively unknown in the west until Martha and Roy were in Melee, leading to fan demand for the games to come over. Xenoblade had a huge campaign to be brought over to North America, and sold it's entire production run, leading to Nintendo realizing the potential of the series and putting Shulk into Smash.

38. Toxi

Toxi

Something about dicks.

39. jph139

jph139

That character select is honestly a travesty. Yoshi mixed in with the Mario characters? Characters sorted by year of introduction, except Bowser Jr. and Jigglypuff for some reason? Clones in their own corner, after everyone else, except the third party characters and also Shulk for some reason?

It was so wrong it had to be real.

40. Crazy Izanagi

Crazy Izanagi

Sorry that you lost a look you like but frankly that’s one of the things I’m happiest about.

I really don’t like TP’s art style and in particular it’s my least favorite Zelda design.

I am sorry that it’s not available for you though.

41. WestEgg

WestEgg

It is interesting that Zelda went from being one of the most stoic characters in Smash to one of the most energetic.

42. Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

If we erase TP Zelda, what will we leave for our children? Is nothing sacred?

ALttP Zelda is cool, though. I used to like that Zelda/Link/Ganondorf had uniform depictions from the same games but the depictions they went with this time spanning multiple generations of the series is definitely interesting. I think it makes them look a lot less cohesive and a bit more random, but I think I just have to get used to it.

43. Berordn

Berordn

I'm honestly more relieved than anything to be sticking a fork in the TP designs. I wouldn't be mad if they're tucked away somewhere as an option, but I'm so tired of them.

44. y2kyle89

y2kyle89

Is Wii-U wearing a cape?

45. L Thammy

L Thammy

I'm glad Twilight Princess is dead, and I hope it's rotting in hell right now.

46. PadWarrior

PadWarrior

My daughter and I were hoping for her botw look.

47. Toxi

Toxi

You sound like an Other M hater.

48. mopinks

mopinks

Shulk's placement on the 3DS CSS still drives me nuts

all the other weird placements I can live with, but that one's a nightmare

49. WestEgg

WestEgg

The different generations of characters are pretty neat when you think about their perspectives on each other.

50. Berordn

Berordn

I will say that with Shiek getting a design based off the Shiekah armor from BOTW, they missed an opportunity to give me a suave Ganondorf based on the desert voe armor, and that's just sad.