1. This is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

2. srtrestre

srtrestre

Yeah. It also taught me quite a few tricks I had missed. Some of the more intense challenges were good practice, too.

3. Haee

Haee

Netcode is really good comparing to the beta, I'm amazed how they fixed it so fast. Had some really fun games and i've already finish the adventure mode which was really short. Now it's all about getting those tourneys wins. Really fun game but a little barebone, pretty greedy of Nintendo to charge 60$ on it.

4. Bear

Bear

Tons of Boo tryhards online currently. Super annoying to play them. Ban Boo.

5. Bucca

Bucca

Anyone's switch get pretty fuckin warm/hot when playing this docked? Just took it off docked mode after maybe an hour of playing and the back of my switch was really fuckin warm

6. SpottieO

SpottieO

So none of the more interesting courts are available in tournament mode? I haven’t played in any of he crazier courts?

7. BobLablow

BobLablow

That first practice shot level, and it’s under 10 seconds and you realize you’re gonna need a zone shot to get the 500 points in time so you’re screaming at the meter to fill up. It finally does with one second left and you have to hit the L button as fast as possible to get it to register before time runs out.

Gah damn, either was gonna be happiness or me nearly throwing my Switch across the room. Luckily happiness won out. :)

8. Revven

Revven

Nope it just alternates between the basic, clay, and grass courts in Marina Stadium.

9. Bear

Bear

Is there any skill based matchmaking in this game? I would love to not be destroyed by some goon who has been playing for 12 hours straight THANKS

10. Enforced

Enforced

Was about to go to Target but Im going to best buy instead.

11. NotLiquid

NotLiquid

This story mode is Professor Layton but instead of asking you to solve a puzzle everyone wants to play tennis with you

12. Durden

Durden

Man it really sucks that you can't set up an offline tournament with friends. I have a bunch of people coming over tonight to play this, so that would be perfect for it.

I love this game's gameplay a ton, but some of it's settings options are really dumb.

13. Tofer

Tofer
    Banned Member

New text from Jew.....

14. SpottieO

SpottieO

Ughhh Jesus Christ, really regret this purchase : /

15. MouldyK

MouldyK

It’s so annoying trying to lob only to Zone Speed!

16. leng jai

leng jai

EB here had the same thing thing about they were keychains and the standard green colour.

17. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

Oh cool, so rather than the game having input lag online, it just gets incredibly choppy, drops frames, and becomes completely unresponsive. I love it.

And then when you lose online, you get two prompts, both of which return you to the main menu. That's not redundant.

Also annoying that this continued the trend Mario Kart set where you don't unlock any characters (besides the tournament characters that aren't out yet). Like, I assumed some characters would be locked behind Adventure mode, but it seems there's not even any incentive to do go through it (the little bit I played seemed boring, with laughably easy AI).

Yuuuup. Boo's curve is stupid at the moment. Players who know what they're doing can serve the damn ball to the complete opposite side of the court, and have it travel in a straight horizontal line as it gets halfway down your end.

18. MrPanic

MrPanic

Man, having a blast with this game. The online actually being good really makes this a whole different experience.

Did run into a nasty bug tho. In my last tournament match, the right stick and motion just completely stopped working. Basically couldn't do trick shots with right stick nor aim the zone shot with gyro, which basically cost me the game because I couldn't get uses to using X for trick shots on such short notice. Hopefully that won't happen too often because that's just game ruining. Motion and right stick worked fine the next match so it must have been a glitch in the game.

19. AndreGX

AndreGX
    GameXplain Verafied

Only posting since someone mentioned it earlier!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8E1aq-BAkY&t=5s

20. HiLife

HiLife

Was it ever confirmed by people in this thread if you can add a friend online (playing on two different switchs) and play doubles against randoms? Or is strictly private lobbies only?

Edit: nvm found the answer

21. bytesized

bytesized

The game just drops connecting bars and pauses every now and then in the middle of the game as if it's syncing with the server or something, after a second or so the game resumes.

I don't know, similar thing is happening in Fortnite. I was pretty ok with switch online until I started having issues with these 2 games.

22. Nocturnowl

Nocturnowl

Feeling like I probably shouldn't have jumped in on this one, I played a few back and forth games online with a friend of mine, some real good stuff to boot and then realised "hang on, I don't think I'm really all that big on Tennis".
    I think the 64 and GC titles got away with it based upon content and in the latter case the sheer "mario" of it.

And as an aside, it cheeses me off to no end that the character select artwork are just old renders plucked from elsewhere in the one mario sports title where even the bros aren't actually wearing overalls, the visual inconsistency! Camelot still feeling like they're on a budget, from the word go when the adventure mode starts up it all just feels "off".

23. typhy

typhy

yeah i mentioned that earlier! my right stick worked but my gyro wasnt working at all, i thought it was my controller at f irst

24. AllBusinessJr

AllBusinessJr

Some people with close to 10,000 online rank. Wish there was a ranked mode so those of us with jobs/other life commitments could have a little more fun playing similarly skilled people.

Also, the drop shot needs to be tweaked as it feels like a win button in the hands of the right player.

What was the answer?

25. PrimeBeef

PrimeBeef

Ahh ty.

26. killertofu

killertofu

uhh wow i didn't realize not hitting the right color activates the opponents star. shieeet

27. gogojira

gogojira

Really enjoyed the demo and love Mario Tennis on n64 but the negativity here is hard to ignore and I’m questioning if I should just cancel my Best Buy pickup!

With GCU and credit it was $40 after tax. Ugh, I need to make a decision quick, lol.

28. Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

I had this too. Had to recalibrate the joycons.

29. Papercuts

Papercuts

People who didn’t like playing against Rosalina in the demo are gonna hate boo, lol.

Some core mechanics like trick shots sending back a slice definitely naturally favor them, and power characters get a big boost from the mobility.

30. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

Damn, just ended a really intense long match 17 - 13. That was dope. Dunno how the game decides to extend certain matches, but whatever, fine with me.

Edit: And of course followed that up with a match against a Rosalina that didn't make any fucking sense to me. Every single one of her shots curved halfway across the court. Trying to hit them back knocked my character back and spun me in circles. Every one of her hits built up like a quarter of her meter. And then I still have no idea when you're supposed to hit back the full meter hit, so it only took two of those for her to win the match because they broke my rackets. I was told that you hit those back when they're next to you, so I did that, but they still broke my racket. I don't understand. This game didn't make any attempt to teach me how to counter any of that.

31. Tora

Tora

Tournament mode is essentially ranked mode.

Freeplay is the more casual setting

32. typhy

typhy

boo and rosalina are tough but they get completely shut down by waluigi and bowser jr, its almost impossible to win that matchup

curves dont matter when your arms are the length of the court and you can just counter with topspin and build meter while they chunk back uncharged shots at you

33. I heard you can't play doubles online, is that true?

Is it a fun local multiplayer game in general? My friends are getting bored of Smash/Mario Kart and I need something new for when the come over.

34. MXRider

MXRider

No Tennis balls for me when I picked my copy up. Lame.

35. thepotatoman

thepotatoman

You can do it locally on the same switch against other random people online. But if you're both connecting over the internet seperately, you can only do doubles against Bots or 2 other friends for whatever dumb reason.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not 100% positive you can do 2v2 with 4 people in the lobby either. Maybe they don't want to handle the netcode of 4 different switches communicating to each other over the internet.

36. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

Damn, just played a Rosalina who didn't curve at all.

37. Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

But what they mean is that there's no online mode with matchmaking determined by skill. Like in practically every other Ranked mode.

At least that's how it seems. A total free for all.

38. Fishsnot

Fishsnot

It's a real BIG shame you can't play doubles on tournament mode :(

After playing split screen with my family on Mario Kart we at least expected this from tennis.
    Feels very barebones.
    Also online doubles is over far too quickly, unless I'm missing something.

Hoping for a patch to fix this.
    Such a huge oversight.

39. Ninjadom

Ninjadom

Yeah I mentioned that about the Drop Shot a few hours ago.

40. Revven

Revven

You can, you can do 4 individual Switches with friends and I'm 99% sure you can search under Solo for Doubles matches and it will match-up 4 individual random players together.

The only form of doubles you can't do is taking an online friend and doing doubles vs randoms. There's literally no technical excuse for its exclusion.

41. tolkir

tolkir

Everyone was bowsy.

42. Pallo

Pallo

Yeah, this is a fun game. I made it to the finals once and proceeded to get bodied by a Daisy.
    I feel like I need to go back and learn how to better utilise the trick shot. I’m also using it unintentionally way too often by mashing X...

43. thepotatoman

thepotatoman

It's so weird. I really want to know what happened there.

In that case it technically would work if you do a search under solo for doubles at the same time and get lucky.

44. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

Damn, really disappointed when I lose a point because my character went in the wrong direction for a trick shot.

45. Nope. This game is absolutely unplayable right now for me. All I get are 1-2 bar connections. Guess nobody else has actually bought the game yet in my area (South America)

46. thepotatoman

thepotatoman

Same. I'm beginning to think it's better to do the double tap so you can aim with your left stick instead of quickly switching to the right stick. Usually switching your right thumb back and forth isn't a problem for me, but it might be if literally the very first move of that stick is the only move that matters.

47. Rewrite

Rewrite

So, whenever I matchmake with someone. It shows full bars or 4. But whenever I'm serving, the connection conviniently goes down to 1 bar and becomes a laggy mess. Then whenever my opponent serves its good again. Wtf is up with this? It happened in the demo too.

48. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

That's what I have been doing. My character will just arbitrarily decide to go up or down rather than left or right sometimes. It's annoying. I also hate that it seems to be fixed to only go in four directions, rather than whichever direction you're actually pointed toward. You either go left, right, up, or down. Can't go diagonally or anything like that.

49. Tora

Tora

Ahh yeah my bad, it's hard to gauge right now while most people don't have that many points but in the 18 games played, I did sometimes have upwards of 400+ points over my opponent (I have under 1k) which seemed unfair.

50. HomespunFur

HomespunFur

Agreed, although I haven't finished it yet but it's pretty fun a nice mix of diffrent activities to do and can be useful for learning some of the diffrent shots at your disposal.