1. Sinfamy

Sinfamy

My Vega got nerfed hard :(
    I can't command grab after a crystal roll anymore.

2. Iggy

Iggy

Fei Long is the only SF2 character that should still come back. And I say that as a T.Hawk main.

I wonder if they'll keep adding 4 old characters, 2 new in the following seasons. That would leave only 12 returning characters?

3. Valkerion

Valkerion

Definitely not the only ones guys haha.

4. Village

Village

who cars about honda

also Fielong isn't in the game, Thawk isn't in the game and Deejay isn't in the game. I would rather have those, I i'm not fond of two of the three characters I just mentioned

5. spman2099

spman2099

I think Makoto is almost a guarantee. I think Honda is a very likely pick. I think Sodom is also very likely.

6. Village

Village

I don't think honda is

Because you have to convince people to pay for honda

That's not a thing. That's not a thing that's occurring. Like the season pass would have to include something batshit for them to make a pass with honda valuable. And as much as I like makoto, makoto by herself ain't worth that much

7. spman2099

spman2099

I would agree with you... if Blanka hadn't been included in this season. We have already hit the lowest of the low.

8. allintospace

allintospace

I would pay for Honda more than any unknown/new character offered.

Chances of a Blanka trailer at EVO Japan? Too soon?

9. Village

Village

You know who's also in the season

Cody, Sakura and Sagat, also I would argue despite us not liking Blanka there are degenerates who like blanka. Also G might Be q so there's a bunch of value here.

Honda is a much harder sell. We got like a lot of the heavy hitters already. There would need to be some nuts shit, to make people pay for honda.

That's neat.

I argue most people would not do that ever.

I would also say the same thing about Dhalsim, and I love dhalsim. People are not paying for sim.

10. jett

jett
    Community Resettler Member OP

If Capcom makes a Street Fighter that takes place in the "present" (circa 2020s) Sakura would be in her late 40s, lol (Ryu in his late 50s). Is this ever going to happen or is SF stuck in the 90s forever?

11. Dog

Dog

I'd learn Honda, Mike made him look fun on EA but I never got around to learning him on USF4 on PS4.

12. Salty Rice

Salty Rice

Im not the hugest Honda fan either but saying he couldnt be DLC because nobody would want to play and pay for him is just borderline silly.

Also they can make every character interesting.

13. Callibretto

Callibretto

I assume it's just gonna be sliding timescale like comic books or something. like SF 6 will happen in the present, but the character will all just be slightly older and they'll update the character age in their bio or something.

14. KALOSMANI

KALOSMANI

People won't just pay for Honda they would pay for the character pass that would include Honda. And besides if they release a trailer where it shows Honda looking badass with a new design and some slick V Skill and Triggers people may get hyped.

15. IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Yup, I already mentioned that Blanka and Honda would be in SFV before Season Pass 3 got announced (and leaked) so E. Honda is coming eventually.

Hopefully we would get majority of oddballs in Season 4 so I would borrow some rumors from the past. Season Pass 4: E. Honda, Hakan, Oro, Sodom, Necro and C. Viper but it's high unlikely it wouldn't happens anyway.

16. Village

Village

No its not really

Harada the tekken guy talks about this. Back when Tekken X Street Fighter was more of a thing, he gives a small interview at some con and he strait up says there are characters people ask for and don't play or buy and that makes deciding to put those characters on the roster much harder. Whether people play the character, is a metric people making fighting games use to determine their roster Tekken, MK and injustice have done this. But especially when its DLC and that character also isn't being fronted with an entire video game for you to buy but must stand on their own merit yeah people not being interested in the character is a thing people think about when deciding which character to charge you for. Not even just characters , shit like costumes are determined by this. Even the new chracters were presented with a dynamism and " pizzazz " that is suppoused to entice you into purchasing.

Honda's boring ass is a known entity , he's a boring sumo. I'm not saying its impossible, but they would have to transform his character or his season has nuts ass characters in it get people to engage with the character.

He'll look like a dumb sumo. Because that's his thing. That's his entire thing. That's his character. There is no new badass design, there is only sumo.

The only thing close to e honda being badass, is that they create a new character, honda trained who is a badass and is cool. And is not honda.

17. Salty Rice

Salty Rice

Just give Honda a suit as his default and make him the Kingpin.

That would be already enough to make Honda hype. Already can hear the yooooooo`s during the trailer.

18. lucebuce

lucebuce
    Community Resettler Member

"Honda's not gonna be in cause no one played him"

Season 2 with 5 completely new characters.

AND

19. Tizoc

Tizoc

Hey man at least kof got into the early 2000s
    ...and kyo is still a high school dropout

20. Zerojul

Zerojul

Honda will be back and will be great, as he always is. smh at the non-believers.

21. Rickenslacker

Rickenslacker

It kind of already does take place in the present. Although they listed years in the earlier games to date them, they've pretty much retconned it and played it loose with both when the games take place, as well as how far apart they take place from one another.

22. jett

jett

I guess.

Rashido uses a big ol dumbphone in the story mode tho.

[​IMG]

23. I dunno, they're still using chess piece technology for transferring data.

24. jett

jett

Probably this.

This makes me realize fighting games don't give a shit about this sort of business usually. :P

25. Village

Village

If you say so. I think people would make fun of him trying to be like urien.

Birdie is included with the game. Like sim, no one is paying for sim.

The season 2 character are risks but are specifically designed to be enticing. DLC doesn't mean risks can't be taken with new characters, that said Honda , or Ganryu from tekken who are very specific archetypes that were never popular ever are probably harder to justify development for. Handa is a known entity , a known unpopular entity. I would argue that's he's operating at a loss if you want to compare him to season 2, because the season 2 characters are designed to never be in a honda situation. They are designed to be new a dynamic to appeal to people. Honda failed at that and never really did that, people know what he is. There's no suprise there. Every season two character had " Oh this might be cool " , you know who honda is , you know he's not cool. And Bonus, he has no personality outside of " sumo" so... you can't even hope for a design change to make him cool. He's the sumo guy.

26. mnz

mnz

There's also the SNES looking thing and a CRT in the new stage.

27. Yuuber

Yuuber

Why don't people like Blanka? He's all sorts of amazing. Green. Electric. Brazilian.

28. rude

rude

It’s kind of useless talking about what characters aren’t going to make it in the game based on being boring or unlikeable. This game’s team is ridiculously talented and creative, and aside from Juri they’re pretty good at remixing old characters and coming up with excellent redesigns. E Honda would be fine.

Seth is really the only character that doesn’t need to be in a SF game ever again.

29. As a Honda main, I laugh at thee

[​IMG]

Already got one of them

[​IMG]

30. Satellite phone.

31. GuileBootCamp

GuileBootCamp

I like him and I'm looking forward to trying him out in this game.

SF4 did a lot of damage to him, and arguably his overly goofy portrayal in SFA3 did too.

He was one of the more popular characters back in the SF2 days, and if they tone down his BS this time, he could easily become a popular character again.

32. Village

Village

I mean I get that, and i'm not saying its an impossibility. In fact Honda has a chance because SF doesn't have guest characters like other fighters. That said to mention another fighter, tekken also has a ridiculously talented that made a fantastic game, you don't see ganryu dlc. Its not about not being creative, you can create the most " creative character in the world " but that does not guarantee a change in audience response and maybe your efforts could be used elsewhere.

He looks dumb and he's not fun to fight

and he's this weird balancing nightmare.

33. kageroo

kageroo

Ok something about the matchmaking is off though it takes considerably longer to find opponents than before (and shortly after) the update. Also matches are more laggy.

34. Well, you are just Mister Sunshine

35. Ponchito

Ponchito

That really sucks.

36. Village

Village

I'm sorry.

If it makes you feel any better. I like remy and he's probably never gonna be seen again

37. emperor bohe

emperor bohe

as someone that mained Honda in USF4, please bring my boy back.

also, is there anywhere where you can view all of the new gallery art? I really don't feel like grinding through arcade mode.

38. Ryce

Ryce

I don't know why so many people are still hung up on Street Fighter's timeline. The character birth years were retconned for a reason. Rashid references Facebook ("Mind if I take a video and post it on my wall?"), the Burj Khalifa was completed in 2009, and Sakura has a Plaza Capcom outfit, which opened in the 2000s. Street Fighter is a long-running media franchise with a sliding timeline, much like Batman and Superman. Don't overthink it. These firm "SFV takes place in 1996" and "Sakura is 24.35 years old" claims are unfounded.

39. LiK

LiK

People don't like fighting him.

40. BrunOz

BrunOz

goddamn I'm get rekt by Mikas on gold with Alex, what should I do against her? Any insights on this matchup?

maybe I should go back to Bison lol

41. APZonerunner

APZonerunner
    Features Editor at VG247.com Verafied

I really feel like next year will be all returning characters again like season 1, but 4 and 2 could also make a lot of sense - I feel like they'll want to do Honda to close out the original SF2 World Warriors, and I honestly think they can easily do one returning character from SF4 (Viper, obviously) and two from SF3, which comes to your 4 then.

One thing I'm curious about is if they'll ever do any characters for free as a bonus. I wondered if they might do that for the 30th, honestly, but was surprised that it wasn't a thing. I feel like if they wanted to do it a doll (Decapre, I guess) would be the way to go what with them existing in part in the story, but hmm.

42. Teh_Lurv

Teh_Lurv

The SF universe also has a thing where no matter how old the fighters are, they are ripped AF and able to throw down with younger fighters (see Gen, Gouken, & Oro). If Capcom ever did a SF set in the 2010s-2020s, we'd see Ryu/Chun-li, etc as wizened fighting masters.

As to the S4 roster, my guess at this point is:
    • Rose
    • Oro
    • Sodom
    • A SF2 era return (Honda, Fei, etc)
    • New guy
    • New guy

43. Barnabot

Barnabot

Yeah , I don't know why Capcom had to put Blanka on that roster.

44. dlauv

dlauv

45. APZonerunner

APZonerunner
    Features Editor at VG247.com Verafied

I know it's mad, by the way, but the SF2 character I'd like to see back most of all is T. Hawk. I know this sounds like the thinking of a crazy person, but I just feel like he'd be a character they could probably do something interesting and fun with.

46. OG_Thrills

OG_Thrills

Could someone please tell me where I find Balrog's new costume?

[​IMG]

47. The Turbanator

The Turbanator
    Banned Member

The time between events is what's most important. The exact event dates, even if they're wrong, simply help us piece that together. It doesn't matter that USFIV takes place in 1995 and SFV takes place in 1999, what matters more is that we know the gaps because of specific plot events (in this case, Mel was born in USFIV and is 4 in SFV).

The reason we know Sakura's age in SFV is because we were given an age in SFA2 (she was 16), which means we can piece the gaps together to give her an age in any SF game.

48. Tizoc

Tizoc

What we need is Punished Honda: He lost his main hand slap arm as he kept on fighting against corruption in the Sumo wrestling circuit, replacing it with a prosthetic red one.
    Now he seeks Oro in order to learn how to do Sumo shit psychically.

Go into Shop from the game's main menu and then select costumes. Some stuff need to be bought from within the game's Store/Shop option.

49. jett

jett

OT but that's a really cool article. Also, didn't know one of Karin's costumes was based on a SF3 judgement girl (second from the left).
    [​IMG]

50. Nephilim

Nephilim

Yep. Too much laggy matches.