1. Oxx

Oxx

I hadn't checked the items list and I thought I was going crazy when I was able to send gifts to 6 people in a row earlier.

2. Serebii

Serebii
    Serebii.net Webmaster Verafied

Alolan Rattata can be found in eggs now

3. TheFireman

TheFireman

gee thanks Niantic, was really having trouble finding that one

4. ichigodaifuku

ichigodaifuku

Going through adding folks from the google doc friends list. Probably won't be able to trade since I'm in Japan, but I'll shoot some gifts out for sure. Add me if you'd like 6377 6238 9377.

5. Oxx

Oxx

I've been trying hard to make sure I don't get 7km eggs recently. Only accepting gifts with a full egg bag is the policy going forward.

6. Firemind

Firemind

Added!

7. Zaphod79

Zaphod79

You may want to accept one if its from far away , as you'll get the distance the egg traveled if you trade it to complete your Pilot badge

8. Oxx

Oxx

Ooh. That would be useful.

I already have a Meowth from Japan to get rid of.

9. Bedameister

Bedameister

If I hatch another Meowth I'll lose my shit.

10. Zaphod79

Zaphod79

11. StarCreator

StarCreator

I'm temporarily speed-hatching all Alolan eggs (which for me is one batch every 2 days), because I have a coworker that is currently sending gifts from Taiwan and I'm trying to get as many foreign-sourced Pokemon as possible.

12. Bedameister

Bedameister

Uggggh.

Well I got a Sandan but only 71%. Now I only need Vulpix.

I wonder when and how they will implement the Alolans that need to be evolved

13. PanzerKraken

PanzerKraken

We just had an event like two weeks ago?

14. kaospilot

kaospilot

I'm super done with these Alolan eggs, got all the forms from them in the first day but my dumb ass kept hatching them lol. No more Meowths, pleeeease.

15. Zaphod79

Zaphod79

The last event was the water event - it ran from the 7th to the 21st so today marks 1 week without an event

The next general event is probably the Dortmund safari event (and the associated bonuses) and that is scheduled to start on Saturday 30th

https://pokemongolive.com/en/events/safarizone/dortmund/

16. StarCreator

StarCreator

Uh yeah I'm kind of glad to be on break from the nonstop events of the past couple months lol

17. Serebii

Serebii

It's how they make money though.

Plus it's the game's 2nd anniversary next week so I'm expecting the announcement of an anniversary event soon

18. Ultima_5

Ultima_5

im pretty excited about whatever the anniversary date event will be. idk if it was the announcement of the new game or what, but ive seen a lot of people playing in my city the last few days, despite the fact its 95 out. its nice

what was the event last year

19. icyflamez96

icyflamez96

I'm always so behind on this egg hatching business since I don't have gyms that close to me, and the ones that are closest in my town area are inconvinient. Getting through eggs at a reasonable rate with one incubator is such a hopelessley slow task unless I have a bunch of 2kms.

20. PanzerKraken

PanzerKraken

For those gifting and trading every day, shouldn't our friendship lvl be going up today? None of the folks who have friended and traded since day 1 of the friend system has reached 2 stars.

They got to space em out really, the event on top of one event is getting annoying for also messing with the spawns... frankly some of these events go on way too long when I rather get access to other spawns instead of the constant spam of the event mons

21. silkysmooth

silkysmooth

Events are fun because they help me fill out my pokedex and get those type medals up. Sort of a bummer though we just had the water event and now we get Squirtle community day and then next month's research breakthrough is Snorlax =/

22. Robochimp

Robochimp

Friend progress is bugged so you may have not been given progress for a day or two or six.

23. gutshot

gutshot

Yeah, I'm liking this current break from events. I'm trying to grind my way to 40 and finally seeing Pidgeys, Weedles, Whismurs and Rattatas on the regular again is very helpful. I've got nearly 1 million XP in mass evolves ready to go. Now I just need a double XP event...

24. patriciodcj

patriciodcj

Today was a great day for me! I got my first shiny outside of an event, a shiny Wailmer hatched from an egg!

25. PanzerKraken

PanzerKraken

Been trading with my wife every day since system launched and says we need to do 6 more days.... wat? Ugh

26. Zaphod79

Zaphod79

Check to see if one person is further ahead than the other and then follow this advice :

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...can_synch_an_out_of_synch_friendship_so_that/

I have been trading / raiding / giving presents to a lot of people in our local group and I have only one that has flipped over to the 2nd level and that happened yesterday - everyone else says i need at least one more day :-(

27. StarCreator

StarCreator

That's incredibly hard to do when one of the friendships I'm trying to grind is a coworker who is currently on the literal opposite side of the globe. I'm not even sure what the friendship level is showing on his end.

Niantic needs to just fix it on their end - forcibly resync all the desynced relationship levels and give a few extra days for the trouble.

28. Zaphod79

Zaphod79

I'd love for them to do that i just don't see it happening at least in the short term.

My most annoying one is my girlfriend who on her side has been saying we're 2 days away for about the last 3 days - it now says 1 on both sides so we're hoping that tomorrow will actually level it up.

29. Starting to get back into it with Let's Go on the horizon. Feel free to add me:

1563 9190 2057

30. GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa
    Community Resettler Member OP

At least rate of hatched Meowths will go down. lol

31. Falchion

Falchion

I've opened and sent gifts to my coworker every day since this rolled out and it says I'm 3 days away from leveling up still. This system is so bugged.

32. patientzero

patientzero

That only leaves Marowak and Raichu. I assume Marowak could be held for a Halloween event and Raichu promoted the way they use special-hat Pikachus.

I think the biggest problem is that the events keep pushing very specific types and species. Did we need an annual rock-centric event with Adventure Week? Did we need a Water-based event? Halloween will obviously focus on Ghosts.

Meanwhile, what about a Psychic event to maybe push for Ralts, which is going to be a major sticking point given it will end up having two full evolutionary trees. Or what about a Dragon-based event?

Better yet, introduce Special Research quests focused around the events since they often last for a couple weeks. It doesn't have to be as involved or lengthy as the Mew quest, but maybe nets a special move or a package of rare candy. Make event-centered gifts. There's a lot of ways to better synergize the various overlapping systems they have right now.

33. TheFireman

TheFireman

Same shit happened with me and my brother, who is the only person I actually trade with regularly.

34. Textured Monk

Textured Monk

I put myself on the friend code list, and went ahead and added the last few people above me. Happy to add more though, I don't really know how this new system works but I'm getting gifts from stops now and may as well get rid of them.

35. Serebii

Serebii

A piece of news in the game said Alolan Forms are coming to Raid Battles so I'm expecting them to be Raid Bosses

36. TheFireman

TheFireman

What ever happened to rainbow weather and Alola evolutions that way?

37. Bedameister

Bedameister

That would be sweet. God I love Alolan Raichu. Such a beatiful Pokémon

38. Cappa

Cappa

Can you gift to people t hat are no where near you?

39. Falchion

Falchion

It's the best. I need to get a good IV one.

40. Textured Monk

Textured Monk

You can definitely do this, as long as you're friends. I think trading has to be close by though?

41. Zaphod79

Zaphod79

Yes you can gift to anyone anywhere in the world
    You can only trade with people next to you

42. GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa
    Community Resettler Member OP

That be great. Esp if Alolan Execguter comes back as a raid, as I need to catch a Dragon type... lol

Whoever said that? I think that was only speculation.

43. Cappa

Cappa

Are there any benefits to gifting? Like only items you can get from gifts or whatever? I just got back into pokemon Go and unfortunately around here I don't know anyone who still plays lol

Raids are impossible I've tried searching for groups etc but nothing if you can gift anyone though I guess I'll start adding people

44. Firemind

Firemind

You can get Alohan eggs. If you trade those, you can also earn towards the Pilot medal depending on the person who sent it to you.

45. Robochimp

Robochimp

I saw this posted on Reddit, it finds your city’s antipode and the closest city to that antipode which would be the furthest distance possible from where you are.

https://www.geodatos.net/en/antipodes

So if there is anyone in,
    Port-aux-Français
    French Southern Territorie, let’s exchange gifts.

Looks like Western Australia or Madagascar would work too.

Edit: Texturedmonk I just sent you a friend request :)

46. Oh nice, I forgot that trading had come out and I added myself to the google doc for friends.

Just got Articuno today, and I've been super lax at getting or doing anything else. No Alolan babbies yet, but maybe once i clear out my eggs I can get some.

47. StarCreator

StarCreator

Anyone here live or work in Augusta, Western Australia, Australia? lol

48. gutshot

gutshot

So I'm guessing most of the east coast of the US will be antipodal to Augusta, Australia?

Someone here sent me a gift from Réunion Island, which is not quite my antipode, but pretty damn far away all the same. I don't know who it was, but please send me more gifts. :D

49. Textured Monk

Textured Monk

Thanks my dude. Gift sent. Hope pokestops keep pumping those out, because I'm going to run out quick at this rate. Need to get rid of some eggs too.

50. jstevenson

jstevenson
    Developer at Insomniac Games Verafied

I'm like 60 Alolan eggs in with no Vulpix.

RAWR.

(368/369 on the Pokedex now tho)